Mack Brown Tarheel Football: The Orange Slice Boogaloo

Machinator

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Q: what's the biggest challenge relating to players, with you being out of coaching?

A: Earning their trust and respect, because they don't know me. Advantage is that they've seen Mack Brown on TV, and he's seen them practice. His greatest advantage is Sally. She loves kids. She could tell when Mack wasn't going to land certain recruits. "Their way to get to me is through her."

091309-21.jpg

Obviously.

Edited by Beau Vine

Asked about in-state recruiting. Best recruits have gone out of state of late. What's the key to keeping then in-state?

"You gotta be the cool place to be. We were the cool place before, we can be cool again."

Exhorts the fans to come to games and restore home-field advantage. Not when the team is winning, before they start winning.

Gotta get back on social media, because the kids are on the phone more than they're studying.

Basketball is a big advantage, helps with recruiting. Coach Roy will help.

25 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Interesting note:  Mack's first game as Head Coach will be vs Coach Boom

Also plays against his other former school, Appalachian State.

Also plays the Mercer Bears next year.  Bears scare you to death.

2020: at UCF, Auburn in ATL, ODU, JMU.  

2021: GaSt, Wofford, Notre Dame

2022: @GaSt, @AppSt (?!?!!?) ETSU, Notre Dame.  I guarantee he's already cried to the AD about buying one of those games out.

4 minutes ago, Richter said:

So basically there’s a trend of big name basketball schools hiring big name has been football coaches?  

What’s next?  Gene Chizik to Louisville?

Yeah.

Cutcliffe at Duke, Stoops at Kentucky, Miles at Kansas, Brown at North Carolina, and I guess blockhead could wind up at Louisville? 

Some doofus on Reddit is actually arguing with me on whether or not GDGD was a bad hire when Mack first brought him to Texas. The guy's actually claiming that *I'm* being "revisionist." No, you cuntsack, I'm the one who was defending him in 1999-2004 against the very correct people who were decrying his deficiencies.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Mack is coming back to UNC for the same reason he went to Texas: to fix things.

Fixing is more fun than maintaining. You get bored and complacent that way.

"We used to think winning 10 games was bad." Not "healthy".

Winning all the time isn’t good for the kids.

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If mack tries and reassemble his old crew then he will get fired in 3 years tops, if he learned anything during his off time he will find new blood and a innovative offensive mind to run his stuff. 

I bet he picks up Kendell Briles... 

• Machinator changed the title to Mack Brown Tarheel Football: The Orange Slice Boogaloo