Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

Back to this:

They could’ve been just carrying vehicles. But they can also carry up to 126 paratroopers.  And can you imagine if we lost 252 Rangers in one night?  It’d be a fucking catastrophe.

I'm glad you mentioned this. Those are BIG aircraft man.

1 hour ago, staboner said:

for sure the way to play this.

tell the peeps in teh city not to fire on any tank or any vehicle. lay low till people have to clear flats. open fire. 

wait on the outskirts and come in the back door with tank killing missiles.

profit.

i do wonder when this is over it will be interesting to understand how much of the CF of Russian miscalcs is on them or is on clever tactics from the defenders. 

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Then he needs to STFU and let them FAFO.

Everything Rubio is putting out on twitter is 100% by design and with the approval of the White House/CIA/DOD/Senate leadership/etc., otherwise his access would have been yanked and he would have been removed from the committee.

He seems to be functioning as the unofficial mouthpiece, and like @Skipper said he called out the playbook of the invasion right before it started and then as it started.

Obviously, the Ukrainians are getting lots of juicy details we will never hear about from NATO/the US/UK, but Rubio's comments seemed to be aimed at the world/Putin, and they are generic enough not to give away sources, but also specific enough to make the Russian leadership probably a bit edgy.

• Hook 'Em 5

52 minutes ago, CoTex said:

It appears that the Ukrainians are putting yellow bands or tape on themselves and the rooskies are using white z’s to identify their equipment?

Is it just that primitive - good guys are yellow - bad guys white Z, or is there something else afoot?

I'll go male answer syndrome- white is a military easy to identify contrast and yellow is nationalist pride from their flag.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

They could’ve been just carrying vehicles. But they can also carry up to 126 paratroopers.  And can you imagine if we lost 252 Rangers in one night?  It’d be a fucking catastrophe.

And those hundreds of paratroopers would not have been conscripts waiting for their year to be up.  Those would have been amongst their best-trained troops.

The videos of the firefight at the airport where we saw Russian airborne/air mobile soldiers moving around, they were better trained than a lot of what we've seen, and they seemed to have more equipment.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, The Dog said:

image.thumb.png.6e600f5db1752ca3ddcdb29d94eec9c6.png

This is what the Ukrainians shot down. Twice.

Allegedly it was an air to air kill to boot. Epic failure if true to let a Ukrainian fighter anywhere near a heavy. Or maybe that Ukrainian pilot is that good. I'll take both.

Edited by Fico

Just now, Fico said:

Allegedly it was air to air kill to boot. Epic failure if true to let a Ukrainian fighter anywhere near a heavy. Or maybe that Ukrainian pilot is that good. I'll take both.

Dude, that's awful if true. We'd NEVER let a lumbering beast like that into battle unless we had complete air superiority. 

The Russians are fucking the goat hard right now.

• Hook 'Em 2

This fucker stays, he leads, he goes full legend.  Win or lose.  Good on him…you don’t hand out 200k AKs to ordinary citizens, ask them to fight the enemy, then run away.  You do that…you’re a giant pussy.  I have all the respect in the world for this this guy and his giant balls.  No problem at all with my tax dollars buying bullets that make Putin’s life more difficult.  This might not age well but I’m betting he comes out of this in one piece and the next Ukrainian $100 bill has his face on it.

• Hook 'Em 7

With such losses and failure to take Kyiv, how many doses of Novichok have been prepared for their own command personnel?  None of this operation seems to make sense,

This is the same regime who would aim a microwave oven stator toward the adjacent hotel room of a visiting foreign ambassador in Moscow hotels.  

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The fact that they aren't disputing certain things, like the air transports being shot down, makes me wonder.

Of course, some of the Russian hierarchy may realize how bad the optics are about bragging about killing Ukrainians, so...

That would require letting the rank and file know the planes are getting shot down. Not happening comrade.

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I got interviewed after my condo was burned down by my idiot neighbor, who was trying to heat his unit by burning wood in an ornamental fireplace.  I'm not sure who is the bigger idiot, my former neighbor or Putin.  Tough call to be honest.

I feel her pain.

Your neighbor wasn't an idiot. He was just from Alabama 

2 minutes ago, Fico said:

Allegedly it was air to air kill to boot. Epic failure if true to let a Ukrainian fighter anywhere near a heavy. Or maybe that Ukrainian pilot is that good. I'll take both.

Shortly after 9/11 I worked in an office complex across the street from Dobbins Air Force Base in Marietta, GA.  If you will recall, around that time we lost a spy plane near China (or in China, I can't recall the particulars offhand).  At any rate, a deal was worked out and the plane was returned to Dobbins (we have a Lockheed facility attached).  The Antonov was hired as the cargo plane.  I happened to be at a light when it landed, and mind you I was used to seeing CJs land all the time.  It was crazy how big it was, and to be honest sort of baffling to think that it had another plane inside of it.  I think the two that we shot down are actually smaller models, but nonetheless enormous in their own right.  It's down right shocking to me that the Russians would put these in the air without having secured the airspace, it would be akin to shooting at blimps for fighters. 

If, and of course this is a big if, these were indeed paratroopers, I would have to think they are a part of the Russian Elite Echelon troops, which would constitute a major loss to what I previously read was an approximate number of 30,000.  To potentially lose 250+ of those elite troops is mind boggling.  Considering they may have already had hits to their Elite forces, this is adding up quickly.  Let us hope so.   

Edit: beaten

This guy is a reporter for the local Kyiv newspaper, but it's their government releasing these numbers, so I'd be surprised if the losses are half of what they are claiming. Also, I think they are lumping in supply/transport (wheeled) vehicles in with the armored vehicles.

Obviously nobody can see everything, but there is now plenty of current/verified photos/videos of plenty of losses - multiple videos of columns of 5 or more vehicles being taken out.  I would not be surprised if Russia has lost 8 helicopters.  Aircraft...maybe.  They sure as hell seem to be a bit skittish about filling the skies with aircraft and doing lots of CAS that could expose them.

Based on the videos of Russian tanks and APCs and their crews being lax about situational awareness, I would not be surprised if they've lost 50+ tanks, and if they've lost hundreds of vehicles/APCs.  Arty and the BUK-1 - that could very well be right, simply because that stuff is normally in the rear and not too much of it would have been easy to hit.

3,500 killed?  I will say this - the Russians appear to just leave their dead behind (reddit is full of Russian corpses), but I'd be surprised if it was 2,000.

Edited by atomheartbevo

22 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

This fucker stays, he leads, he goes full legend.  Win or lose.  Good on him…you don’t hand out 200k AKs to ordinary citizens, ask them to fight the enemy, then run away.  You do that…you’re a giant pussy.  I have all the respect in the world for this this guy and his giant balls.  No problem at all with my tax dollars buying bullets that make Putin’s life more difficult.  This might not age well but I’m betting he comes out of this in one piece and the next Ukrainian $100 bill has his face on it.

11 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Is there any footage of this? Majority of Ukrainians have smart phones..

Edited by Caponata

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

The fact that the Russians aren't disputing this means it's probably worse. 

Yeah, that's a real good point. Normally, I'd be very doubtful about numbers like this. But the fact Russia isn't trying to deny or downplay this is... well... something. Fuck, at this point I'd bet on Russia just having no idea what the number actually is and relying on Ukraine for the count.

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

What next..... she gonna claim that you dont really get laid every afternoon simply by driving a bangbus around South Florida??

If you drive a bangbus through South Florida you're gonna get laid whether you want to or not.  You'll also have to figure out a polite way to tell a guy named Terry that he has to leave your bus for smoking meth out of a light bulb.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yeah, that's a real good point. Normally, I'd be very doubtful about numbers like this. But the fact Russia isn't trying to deny or downplay this is... well... something. Fuck, at this point I'd bet on Russia just having no idea what the number actually is and relying on Ukraine for the count.

3500 is high, but you have to think Russian casualties are pretty close to 1000 at this point, which is nuts. It’s been 3 days. We lost 3000 in 20 years of fighting in Afghanistan. 

1 hour ago, htown85 said:

Probably a dumb question, but do we not have access to Russia releases of what their progress is? Obviously it will be bullshit, but it’s weird/concerning to me we only get Ukraine updates.

Kind of. Russia hasn’t acknowledged a single combat death (only some “training accidents” in airplanes) so truly not worth discussing. 1930s Stalin level propaganda. 

5 minutes ago, Mole said:

I wish I didn’t have to learn it like this, but Ukrainians sure have a way with words and a natural gift for rapidly generating folk lore.

This isn't folklore, and it's from the Maidan Revolution, but it's what I expect to see more of as I ship off to bed.

The only way we could replicate this is if we recruited half of the current Philadelphia Eagles' season ticket holders, threw them on a flight to Kyiv, serving up bottomless Jagerbombs with Rocky IV as the in-flght entertainment (on repeat), and then upon landing, convinced them that every tank and dark-green column were Dallas Cowboys fans.  More of this shit, plz.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm a guy that makes light of a lot of things; and I am sure there is a martial joke to be had here (in fact my sick brain actually thought of some punchlines).  That having been said, I'm strictly at loss here.  This really brings it all home to me, the horror of this madness.  (If this is true)  We have two young people on a beautiful day in their young lives immediately having to turn to horrid reality; which any number of days may well be their last.  That fact that some rich prick 1000 miles away from them may well end up killing them and never being held responsible is beyond disgusting.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй