Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

what I dont understand is why the fuck Russia is letting CNN sit on the Russian border, at Belgorod showing tank after tank after tank drive into Russia. 

its not propaganda, the CNN guys have mentioned that the tanks have no place to turn around and keep driving by them.... so why let that miltary info go out live?

I am so fucking confused by the total lack of operational security by russia in all this.   Its good for Ukraine, but it makes no fucking sense when fighting a war

agreed. but i'm sure that the Ukranians know about Russian troop movement from our and many of our partners intel. They don't need CNN cause they already know.

• Hook 'Em 1

The NLAW is making the biggest splash here so far, Saab stock is going to soar.  Offensive tech is far outpacing defensive tech and the Russian army is wholly unprepared for modern guerilla warfare.  I'm guessing this conflict will spell the end of heavy armor, defensive systems are extremely costly in the face of the options available to defeat them

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Something I’ve wondered is…where is the slat armor for the Russian tanks and BMPs?  I thought that was reasonably common way to attempt to breakup the warhead itself  or scatter the liquid jet before it could fully impact the armor?  Seems we used them a lot later in the WOT to protect crucial parts of our heavy equipment.  

Javelins are designed to hit you from the top where the armor is weak.  And when the steel melts.  It melts down on the guys inside the vehicle.  It is sickening.

5 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Something I’ve wondered is…where is the slat armor for the Russian tanks and BMPs?  I thought that was reasonably common way to attempt to breakup the warhead itself  or scatter the liquid jet before it could fully impact the armor?  Seems we used them a lot later in the WOT to protect crucial parts of our heavy equipment.  

That was for Russian RPG’s. It pretty much nuetralized them. Then they just switched to Vietnam era armor piercing hand grenades. Then it was explosively formed penatrator IEDs.

There is always a way to kill a tank or armor. Then there is a countermeasure. I’d assume Ukraine and Russia will play this game of cat and mouse the longer this plays out. But it takes time to adjust tactics.

• Drool 1

Public sentiment is changing by the day.  This is unreal.  Atlanta with a rally in support of Ukraine as I type. If we start looking out a few more days ahead and with the atrocities coming we may be in a totally different spot in a week or less. No troops for sure. But we are escalating this now in the wide open with multilateral weapons support. If Putin wants to escalate to deescalate he’s already got his excuse. Point of no return is near.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

what I dont understand is why the fuck Russia is letting CNN sit on the Russian border, at Belgorod showing tank after tank after tank drive into Russia. 

its not propaganda, the CNN guys have mentioned that the tanks have no place to turn around and keep driving by them.... so why let that miltary info go out live?

I am so fucking confused by the total lack of operational security by russia in all this.   Its good for Ukraine, but it makes no fucking sense when fighting a war

I think warfare has changed forever. With drones, traffic cams, wildlife cams, security cameras, civilians with phones, it’s utterly futile to try and hide massive troop or armor movements in this day & age. 

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Going to come down to how many of those missiles defenses can intercept... can't allow the bombers to come in unabated. Here's to hoping allies got them some help in that regard as they have been asking for it for weeks.  Turning the bombers back would obviously be a huge statement.

Imagine being able to scramble fighters on bombers. Lets hope that Russia is this inept and Ukraine can do this. Sitting ducks if that’s the case. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Going to come down to how many of those missiles defenses can intercept... can't allow the bombers to come in unabated. Here's to hoping allies got them some help in that regard as they have been asking for it for weeks.  Turning the bombers back would obviously be a huge statement.

You can't intercept a cruise missile. You have to shoot down the plane.  I think the next two days is going to show how fucking serious and deranged Vladimir is.  He is going to keep Kiev encircled but he is going to take his focus off of it.  He is going to bomb a small city and level it with his Bear bombers to instill panic on the rest of the country.  Basically bombing Lubbock to show Austin what is next 

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Did Putin used to be smart and he recently lost his mind or has he always been an idiot? This invasion is embarrassing & destined for ultimate failure even after Russia takes the country over. It’s ruined my perception of the Russian military as an almost equal fighting force to us. 

He is many things but he hasn't always made such rash decisions. His track record isn't being an idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1

Did Putin used to be smart and he recently lost his mind or has he always been an idiot? This invasion is embarrassing & destined for ultimate failure even after Russia takes the country over. It’s ruined my perception of the Russian military as an almost equal fighting force to us. 
Something has changed in his calculus that has made him desperate. Not sure what it is, but his response to his situation has been so poorly miscalculated and such a huge mistake that I am wondering if he is dying or if this has been an intelligence coup from the inside of his circle of most trusted advisors.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Zelenskyy is the fucking man! So much credit is due to him staying with his people and fighting alongside them. We haven’t gotten to the real battle yet but it’s coming soon. Lots of help is coming more so than would have if Zelenskyy had left or set up a temp government somewhere else! Damn hero! 

21 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

yea, Putin totally misjudged this. how long before someone shoots him?

The coup is a dangerous thing right now for him. Though he's amassed so much power that it would be hard to coordinate something so bold. It will come down to the oligarchs which is why the West needs to step up the sanctions on them in every sector that hurts them. SWIFT needs to happen. 

Edited by mdmost

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй