Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

29 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, I get what you are saying- but what you are ignoring is mankinds desire for quick and easy and relatively painless solutions that are expedient over principled solutions that are long and costly and suck.  

I think that option ended after they failed on the first 2 days.  Now they are dug in, and Zelensky doesn't seem like a short term thinker.   But I really do not know the guy.    Once the rest of the world go through the  "don't make me get up?" phase,  the time for appeasement ended. 

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

So obviously this is all still really early and that ball will keep on bouncing but one think I think we can 100% all agree we have learned so far.....

Russians will in fact take a dump without a plan.  

Seems like they have to plan to have toilet paper and running water.   

21 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yes. I know a bit of Russian, and if you're speaking in Russian, there is no difference between "the" Ukraine and Ukraine. Definite and indefinite articles don't exist. There just wouldn't be a way to convey this concept that I know of. It seems like this is purely an English/international diplomacy issue. I'm just surprised by that. 

Looking a bit more into it, it seems like the native language dispute is centered on the preposition for "in." In Russian (and Ukrainian) you can use two different words, "v" and "nah". When talking about geography, "v" can suggest sovereignty and "nah" might be used for generic regions. It isn't quite that strict, but there is an implication. I guess that dispute sort of flowed into english with the use of the word "the" 

The second half paragraph is absolutely correct.

V= In 

Na = On

Interestingly enough, all West Slavic languages use “na” for Ukraine as a quirk of the language. It’s only in Russian that it’s a problem, as it is a political statement which one you choose in Russian 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Disagree with the premise. It’s easier to relate to those when you see yourself in their shoes.  The average Afghani news watcher probably feels the exact opposite because what is going on isn’t as relatable as 15 years ago.  That’s not hate, that’s the nature of a visual medium. 

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Disagree with the premise. It’s easier to relate to those when you see yourself in their shoes.  The average Afghani news watcher probably feels the exact opposite because what is going on isn’t as relatable as 15 years ago.  That’s not hate, that’s the nature of a visual medium. 

I'm interested in how it's reported. Was it the UAE that wouldn't call it an invasion? France is sitting there thinking "goddammit that shit is happening right fucking over there". 

9 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Let the Russians dig in. Cold, hungry, and no convoy coming in. All that does is buy time for truckloads of stuff to roll in. Time for bulldozers to push piles around to box them in to kill zones. 

Dig in boys. See you in the morning. 

Fact also remains, most of the soldiers don’t want to be there at all

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:

Saw this on social media. Not sure if agree completely, but it’s an interesting take. It just seems like the Russian people keep getting fucked harder and harder while the oligarchs and elites keep smearing shit all over the region. Tough place to be in. Maybe it sparks a mass uprising.

C136C533-D70E-482C-B1B6-01E1D83BAB8C.jpeg

I think you missed the parts about seizing oligarch property.  We are definitely coming for their shit.  Abramovich already sees the writing on the wall.  
Puddy’s palace on the Black Sea would make for some nice target practice too.  

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй