Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

But we can’t talk about China’s end game in all this? They are playing chess..not checkers. They had to know the intel long before we did about the build up to the invasion. They knew and backed Russia for this. If I have to take a fucking time out I will do it gladly. Can y’all not see this? 

Still checkers, but chinese checkers

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

In all these videos something to note is a all of the perfectly accented, Russian as a first language invective being hurled at the liberators.  This ain’t the divided Ukraine we’ve been told about. 

And that’s the thing. Play this differently, and there’s a good chance Putin could have muddied the waters on an ongoing basis. You could look at the polling data and the various elections prior to 2014. There was always a clear political divide between east and west in terms of how Russia was viewed.

Donbas, and to a lesser extent Crimea, forced Russian speaking Ukrainians to figure out consciously where there loyalties were, and they overwhelmingly chose a Ukraine independent from Russia. Even during the Maidan Revolution there were a lot of people in the east uncomfortable with it. Especially with the neo Nazi presence, which absolutely was there, if a small part. 

But he felt like he was going to lose access to Sevastopol, and that was non negotiable, and he was concerned with Ukraine joining NATO, which he knew wouldn’t happen if he manufactured a conflict in Donbas. And he was right about that. But he also helped forge a stronger Ukrainian identity than ever. 

And this invasion and the indiscriminate killing of civilians, including women and children, will never be forgotten. I doubt Ukraine has ever been this united in its history. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Could you imagine Iif the US Army was losing generals and colonels in the first 10 days of Iraq or Afghanistan, what the shitstorm would be like?

I mentioned in another thread that, even using the US Defense Department’s conservative estimates, Russia is on track to experience the losses that the US took in a decade in Iraq by the time they’ve been fighting for a month.

The Russian people will never know about it but it’s pretty much unprecedented for a world power since at least, well, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. And could end up looking like Vietnam.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

On a remotely bright spot tangent.....it seems that the current volunteer call in Berlin is for hot food to be made available for refugees arriving via train at the Berlin Hbf.  So, the boy spent some time making some easy, portable food to take down there that all of y'all here will recognize:

1f5cfd1a0bb0c068710b28d347f4fe20.jpeg

It's a start.  He's looking into which specific aid organizations need hands-on help in the coming days as well.

So he's ready for his burrito making career at Taco Bell?

• Hook 'Em 3

I don’t envy Psaki at her job right now. I do not. Ari Fleischer As the best at it I have seen (like or hate him he was good) and Jen is holding her fucking own right now. It’s not about politics it’s about being hit with a huge world thing and handling it. She’s handling it. Her tempo needs to slow down.

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I don’t envy Psaki at her job right now. I do not. Ari Fleischer As the best at it I have seen (like or hate him he was good) and Jen is holding her fucking own right now. It’s not about politics it’s about being hit with a huge world thing and handling it. She’s handling it. Her tempo needs to slow down.

She just has to ride this out, she’s already being courted by multiple news agencies. 

It’s a shitty job no matter who is doing it, or for whom. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

She just has to ride this out, she’s already being courted by multiple news agencies. 

It’s a shitty job no matter who is doing it, or for whom. 

They burn out! Ari was the best and he burnt out. She’s at least trying damn! She will do well if she just fucking takes a breath.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Oh, and not to leave the girl out -- she's signed up to offer free online basic lessons to learn working English or German to refugees.  They are far from alone.  If any of y'all need the tiniest dose of hope (I sure as shit do), that generation should give it to you.  When the opportunity to step up arises, they fucking take it, en masse.  A shitload of their peers are doing similar things.  

What we are seeing on the ground in Ukraine right now is humanity at its worst, doing what it has done so many times in the past.  But truly, let's not forget the millions of people who have simply stood up, stepped up, and are doing the right thing with their hands, hearts, dollars, and anything else they can put into the mix.  What the regular people of Poland, Romania, Germany, etc. are doing is beyond huge.  When all is said and done, I hope that story is told in bold type.  It is what we should aspire to.

What we are witnessing all of us is the worst and the best. Take a breath Jen Jesus!

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He's a 19 yr old bottomless pit whose also recently figured out it's fun to get drunk and stay out way late.  You just described his dream job.

I hear McDowell's is hiring.  He might have to start out mopping floors, maybe move up to washing lettuce.   Then it's onto fries and the grill.   In a year or two, he'll make assistant manager and that's when the big bucks will start rolling in.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I hear McDowell's is hiring.  He might have to start out mopping floors, maybe move up to washing lettuce.   Then it's onto fries and the grill.   In a year or two, he'll make assistant manager and that's when the big bucks will start rolling in.  

B7DCB51C-DD83-4E69-824A-569820E27FBF.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Jamie Foxx GIF by Kanye West

• Haha 2

I am here with your weather forecast. Also, no offense, but fuck Ari Fleisher.

Arctic winds in Ukraine ‘will turn Russian vehicles into 40-tonne freezers’

Temperatures of minus 20C in the coming days will wreak havoc on all sides but the impact on the stalled convoy of invaders outside Kyiv is expected to be particularly severe

As Russian President Vladimir Putin's 'special military operation' enters the two-week mark, warnings have been issued over an estimated 15,000 Russian troops currently stuck in a huge convoy of tanks and military vehicles stalled just outside Kyiv.

A combination of artic air and easterly winds will see Ukraine plunged into a pronounced cold snap over the next few days, with temperatures expected to plummet to around -20°C – conditions that could make the lives of invading forces 'unbelievably tough'.

Former British Army Major Kevin Price told the Daily Mail that the vehicles could soon become '40-ton freezers' and commented that Arctic-style conditions could serve to demotivate unprepared troops.

'Minus 20C will degrade the Russian force, there is no question. It will improve cross-country mobility because there will be less mud but the Russians are not ready for Arctic conditions,' he said.

Glen Grant, a senior defence expert at the Baltic Security Foundation, also weighed in on the severe cold snap, explaining that Russian troops could be forced to flee to avoid freezing to death.

'A metal tank is just a fridge at night if you are not running the engine,' he warned. 'The [Russian troops] won’t wait, they will get out, start walking to the forest, and give themselves up.'

Emphasizing how the soldiers 'aren't stupid', he added: 'You just can’t sit around and wait because if you are in the vehicle you are waiting to be killed.'

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

How dare you smite the name of Georgetown by associating the outlet mall with Georgetown!!! That is Round Rock north-central Austin for Christs Sakes!!

Fixed it for the realtors. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:

As bad as it’s been it will get much worse.  Grozny is the blueprint.  It’s coming.  

One thing about Russia people tend to gloss over is their relentlessness.  It’s ultimately what wore the Wehrmacht down.  They couldn’t match the numbers or willingness to lose enormous numbers of casualties.  That is part of the National identity.

Hell the siege of Leningrad resulted in a million civilian deaths on their side.   They celebrate it.  They go after anyone who dares question if the city should have been surrendered.  

So no, civilians are a) fair game too them and b) useful pawns to create issues for the defenders.

That national identity was effective in the defense of their land, but as today and other recent offensive campaigns have shown us, they are not good at mounting and supporting these conflicts.  Their morale and logistics issues from Afghanistan and showing again in spades.  

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, and not to leave the girl out -- she's signed up to offer free online basic lessons to learn working English or German to refugees.  They are far from alone.  If any of y'all need the tiniest dose of hope (I sure as shit do), that generation should give it to you.  When the opportunity to step up arises, they fucking take it, en masse.  A shitload of their peers are doing similar things.  

What we are seeing on the ground in Ukraine right now is humanity at its worst, doing what it has done so many times in the past.  But truly, let's not forget the millions of people who have simply stood up, stepped up, and are doing the right thing with their hands, hearts, dollars, and anything else they can put into the mix.  What the regular people of Poland, Romania, Germany, etc. are doing is beyond huge.  When all is said and done, I hope that story is told in bold type.  It is what we should aspire to.

Oh, and if Jose Andres and World Central Kitchen don't end up with a Nobel Peace Price ASAP, they shouldn't award it anymore.  He is beyond impressive.

When the conflict ends and they are in the rebuilding phase I could see part of my retirement or a sabbatical being 6 months in Ukraine teaching English and making tacos.  I know the standard of living would be low but the quality of life high.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

So when Zelensky makes repeated calls for a no fly zone by appealing to Western guilt for not doing enough to help the Ukrainian people, is he doing it because he thinks there’s a legitimate chance Western powers are going to start shooting down Russian fighters and bombers, and taking out S400 emplacements in Belarus and Russia? Or is this a strategy to keep applying immense political pressure for them to do more?

Because it sure sounds sincere. I guess he’s an actor, but I don’t know. He sounds pissed, betrayed, and embittered it’s not happening. Also desperate, but that part I get.

NATO/US will allow millions of people to die and all of Ukraine’s major cities turned to rubble and still not go to war with Russia. It bums me out a bit if there’s a part of Zelensky who hasn’t come to terms with that. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

When the conflict ends and they are in the rebuilding phase I could see part of my retirement or a sabbatical being 6 months in Ukraine teaching English and making tacos.  I know the standard of living would be low but the quality of life high.

and laying pipe

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

"and experts anticipate that the void left by Western retail businesses will be filled by China."

When russians, who were already used to assembly instructions from Ikea, start having to follow instructions from China instead, the shit will really hit the fan.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

So when Zelensky makes repeated calls for a no fly zone by appealing to Western guilt for not doing enough to help the Ukrainian people, is he doing it because he thinks there’s a legitimate chance Western powers are going to start shooting down Russian fighters and bombers, and taking out S400 emplacements in Belarus and Russia? Or is this a strategy to keep applying immense political pressure for them to do more?
Because it sure sounds sincere. I guess he’s an actor, but I don’t know. He sounds pissed, betrayed, and embittered it’s not happening. Also desperate, but that part I get.
NATO/US will allow millions of people to die and all of Ukraine’s major cities turned to rubble and still not go to war with Russia. It bums me out a bit if there’s a part of Zelensky who hasn’t come to terms with that. 

I mean, even if he knows it’s not happening, what’s he supposed to do? “We’ll see how it goes I guess. Kthxbye.”???

His job right now is as much or more about being a figurehead and rallying support, domestically and internationally, as it is being involved in the tactical nuts and bolts.

32 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I am extremely disappointed in the US/Nato for not enforcing a no fly zone. Its past time to call putins bluff. Its simple, make it known we are not engaging Russian forces in Russia, we are defending a sovereign nations airspace at their request, if you (putin) decide to send your airforce into said sovereign nation without their permission, you will be shot down. The choice is yours