Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Unsung héros continue to emerge. Cool article about the person running Ukraine's rail system. Add to this the firefighters. 

There is a last-minute change of plan. He won't be leaving from the main station after all. The bodyguards move fast and we follow, racing along the quiet streets behind the convoy, and into the suburbs.
The Russians would like to kill him.
Oleksandr Kamyshin is sure of this. So the 37-year-old chairman of Ukraine's railway network constantly changes his travel plans. Never stay in one place too long. Never have a routine that the Russians can discover.
"We have to be faster than those people who try to track us," he tells me.
The railway is the country's biggest employer with 231,000 staff across 233,000 square miles (603,470 sq km) of territory - Ukraine is the second-largest country in Europe.
So far Mr Kamyshin estimates his staff have helped to move 2.5 million people to safety. But the vast operation has come at a cost. Schedules have to be constantly updated because of Russian attacks. Since Vladimir Putin's invasion began, 33 railway staff have been killed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60755198

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Unsung héros continue to emerge. Cool article about the person running Ukraine's rail system. Add to this the firefighters. 

There is a last-minute change of plan. He won't be leaving from the main station after all. The bodyguards move fast and we follow, racing along the quiet streets behind the convoy, and into the suburbs.
The Russians would like to kill him.
Oleksandr Kamyshin is sure of this. So the 37-year-old chairman of Ukraine's railway network constantly changes his travel plans. Never stay in one place too long. Never have a routine that the Russians can discover.
"We have to be faster than those people who try to track us," he tells me.
The railway is the country's biggest employer with 231,000 staff across 233,000 square miles (603,470 sq km) of territory - Ukraine is the second-largest country in Europe.
So far Mr Kamyshin estimates his staff have helped to move 2.5 million people to safety. But the vast operation has come at a cost. Schedules have to be constantly updated because of Russian attacks. Since Vladimir Putin's invasion began, 33 railway staff have been killed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60755198

It certainly takes guts to operate a train in a war zone. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Peeps pontificating on what countries should be doing should be posting in CR.  This thread (in DT) should be illuminating what is actually happening.

I get what you’re saying, but if we were pontificating on what countries should and shouldn’t do, we wouldn’t have this here thread.   One country invaded another.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I get what you’re saying, but if we were pontificating on what countries should and shouldn’t do, we wouldn’t have this here thread. ... 

What?  This thread has great info on the gestalt of various regions of the world, social media reporting, memes, news, analysis, opportunities to help, etc.  It doesn't need CR political takes on what we (or anyone else) should or should not be doing.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Post how you are doing it. I don't have tactical armor anymore, but I could outfit 1 dude with my surplus. 

I’ll share once its all ironed out. Looks like it will be split into two shipments. I think we could have the first one this month. Probably small potatoes but it feels good. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Perhaps the real reason for the 36-hour Kyiv curfew?

Been waiting on them to conduct a massive ambush/counter offensive north of Kyiv.  Hopefully this is it and highly successful.  I suspect a wholesale slaughter of the Russians in that area.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Mercenaries?  With what fucking money does Russia plan on paying them?

Barrels of oil?  

If they are brining in troops from the Far East, Pacific Fleet, Armenia or other similar areas, Syria, PMCs, etc., it's probably to hold Ukrainian ground already taken and free up Russian troops.

Because if you think the Russian military has been uncoordinated so far, throw all of those groups into the mix and see how that works.

But those groups would be good for trying to hold the rear areas, freeing up Russians in those areas to move forward.

And for more Russian generals to be killed.

2 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/russia-alaska-california-fort-reparations-sanctions

Russian lawmaker demands return of Alaska, California fort and reparations amid U.S.-led sanctions

By Louis Casiano | Fox News

lol, good luck with that.

I demand the Kamchatka Peninsula!   See I can do it as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, Constant said:

Myself and a buddy of mine that is in SWAT have each thrown in $5000 to purchase the same helmets we wear and send them over to the Ukraine. United Shield International are going to throw in a few for free as well. 

All in all, it should be 13 helmets getting sent over. I’ve been in contact with Ukrainian embassy in DC on logistics for shipping them over. We’ve made significant progress in the last couple of days. This may actually happen. 

I stand with the people of Ukraine. 

B89C080F-5039-4290-A341-93B52BB58896.jpeg

Where’s the part that protects your face?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Good.  Bring them all.

heart-chunks__78826.1553901604.jpg?c=2

Meet.....

manual-meat-grinder.jpg

Let's degrade Russia's ability to wage war for a generation.  Send everyone you can.  Ukraine has its grinders ready.

Do not look up Ukrainian meatgrinder on urban dictionary 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Dumb question that I should have asked weeks ago.  What's an "Orc?"

LoTR reference. The Ukrainians see Russia as Mordor, just trying to take over everything. They used to say the West was Gondor (The Realm of Men) and they're the Shire, which is why they wanted to be a part of the West, but the latest redraw of the map I saw, they were calling themselves Gondor now. 

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 2

I want that lego kit for my daughter to show her what real leaders look like.  I'm sure there's a lego set where there's an elected official who says, "Let's go down there and show the Russians who is boss" and then that leader ends up shoving his lego piece up his son's ass.    But hey, different strokes...

Edited by Lobo

7 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Politics is more than red team v blue team.  Pearl clutching over capitulation v gung ho let's go discussion is political and belongs in CR.  It constantly amazes me how supposedly college educated peeps have trouble understanding the difference between a political opinion v news/current events.  Take hot takes to the CR.

Using the term “pearl clutching” exposes you as a hack and you should be reported.  Hack.  Sorry, I’m just not sure what your deal is. Capitulation vs. Gung ho?  There’s a clear wrong side here, I think. 

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Politics is more than red team v blue team.  Pearl clutching over capitulation v gung ho let's go discussion is political and belongs in CR.  It constantly amazes me how supposedly college educated peeps have trouble understanding the difference between a political opinion v news/current events.  Take hot takes to the CR.

I’m afraid the lines have been clearly drawn. Having said that I disagree with your stance. Moving right along to the heart of the thread: will NATO give Ukraine airplanes which I think we feel is needed? Will those countries go the extra step to a country yearning to be a democracy forever? I don’t think we will. I hope I am wrong because what could be said about Russians capitulating and allowing crap leaders to control them could absolutely be said about any number of countries experiencing similar issues. Except many don’t have nukes but their citizens follow the same (doesn’t matter the race) leader or an ideology to take over and it’s over and you can’t really save them. That’s why people leave their countries for the USA as flawed as it is. It’s better than they have and they know this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Co-worker of mine is a former Army combat medic. He's right at the ripe age where the only combat he'll see is in a video game, but friends of his who are younger have signed up to join the Ukrainian foreign legion after news got out that Russia was getting reinforcements from the Middle East. "We know how to fight those guys," they said.

• Hook 'Em 9

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

Been waiting on them to conduct a massive ambush/counter offensive north of Kyiv.  Hopefully this is it and highly successful.  I suspect a wholesale slaughter of the Russians in that area.  

Belarus leaks are suggesting they've 'processed' more RU KIA than the Ukraine's claimed numbers and they aren't even receiving the causalities from the southern theater.

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-belarus-morgue-soldiers/31750455.html

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, WBT said:

RF4zOC12YJRbjEf99bIdpaX5d869JkpTfpSMU-Jv

One of his best books, and not long before he died, uggh.

Speaking of authors, etc.

Like I said weeks ago, would love to have Tom Clancy, Larry Bond and plenty of other Cold War writers chime in on this stuff.  Hell, would have liked to have had Colin Powell's and Norman Schwarzkopf's takes on this.  

Especially Schwarzkopf's take - not only because of the group he led during the first Gulf War, and showing how to do combined-arms right, but he was born in '34, and served through the peak years of the Cold War, from the Cuban Missile Crisis up through the '80s.

Interesting article about the core of a potential insurgent movement. I do not know or can vouch for this source. 

“We removed the ‘Capitulation’ from our name because as of right now, no one is talking about it. The entire nation is concentrated on fighting these dickheads.”

https://newlinesmag.com/reportage/ukraines-insurgency-in-waiting/

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, NAVY said:

Sure hope Ukraine forces are getting all Ezekiel on motherfuckers 

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides By the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will Shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children…. 

Jules says feel the plain text...

Sure hope Ukraine forces are getting all Ezekiel on motherfuckers 

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides By the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will Shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children…. 

13 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Co-worker of mine is a former Army combat medic. He's right at the ripe age where the only combat he'll see is in a video game, but friends of his who are younger have signed up to join the Ukrainian foreign legion after news got out that Russia was getting reinforcements from the Middle East. "We know how to fight those guys," they said.

His friends will find out soon enough that the “foreign legions” are being sent to the front lines as cannon fodder

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

these guys look like what I imagine the citizens of Vicksburg looked like towards the end of the siege.  

Could be cadets.  Ukrainians are posting IDs and patches they take off of dead bodies, and a few tank crews they took out this week were made up of cadets.  

Not sure on what kind of cadets, whether high school (JROTC-level) or university (ROTC).

But yeah, those fuckers have no pride in themselves, and they damn sure give no fucks about whoever it is the memorial is for.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russia was losing on average 30 a year during Afghanistan in the 1980s.

And keep in mind this is just 30 that they have photos/videos of.  Plenty that they don't.

FN7jul1XoAIRJBA?format=png&name=900x900

Fun thing about these updates, we are going to get Naval loses shortly with the Dollar Tree D Day.  Here's to hoping for the most disastrous amphibious assault in history.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1