Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Russia Calling 100,000 Reservists to Active Duty and Moving Wagner Group From Syria to Deal With Ukraine Manpower Crunch - Watchman.Today

I've been hearing about Wagner for weeks now, and their performance against a small number of highly-trained Americans in the Middle East....well, that went poorly for them.

But the reservists thing is interesting.  You have Putin trying to cover up people talking about soldiers being killed, saying conscripts aren't being sent, saying that reservists weren't needed, etc.

If he tries to call up 100,000, that's going to get pretty fucking dicey, because those reservists will be equipped and trained even more poorly than the active-duty (conscripts and contracts).  Start getting thousands of those guys killed, and I'd imagine you will see a shit-ton of other reservists balking, and you'll see people getting out in the streets.  And I doubt that the officers will be able to confiscate all of the cell phones, etc.

There is a tipping point, like I said, it's a matter of Russia being even more bloodied, and it being public knowledge.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

So in Putin's quest to be the new Stalin, it feels like we're in the part where the Red Army has been purged of all competent officers.  Let's hope we aren't in this long enough from Puton to find his Zhukov.  

Putin's army doesn't have lend-lease waiting around the corner to bail him out.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Also, did anyone else notice that Use solider with the cat EP posted up thread had a US flag velcroed right to his chest?  Not sure how to feel about that.  Could be used for some nasty Ruskie propaganda, but I suppose that's pretty low on the concern list right now.

Yeah, but the Russians don't have much room to bitch about this, given they are deliberately killing civilians and trying to bring in Syrians and mercenaries.

Plus, the Russians are more pissed about the Javelins and Stingers.

Anybody else notice that the Ukrainian claims of shot-down Russian aircraft has gone up recently?  And this seems to be after they started receiving Starstreak systems (and apparently had been trained in their use)?

Starstreak has a better range (both distance and height) than Stingers, and is faster.

Occupier Tsibenko DA stole from residents. Russia is a nation of thieves, nothing of its own. He died.

The purpose of the visit to Ukraine is to kill and plunder. This is the "prey" of the slain Russian orc. Gold and a few dollars. Visa for wife or girlfriend. But instead of a package of jewelry, she will receive a corpse in the package. And so it will be with every enemy who comes to our land.

The orcs were driven into the basement, after which they surrendered to Ukrainian soldiers from the 93rd Cold Yar Brigade.

Another trophy Russian MRAP

Irpin, video from the SES ...

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

So Russia wants to call up 100k reservists and then do what with them exactly? Logistically they don’t seem to have the capacity to maintain their current troops in the Ukraine and now want to flood the region with an additional force that essentially the same size force that was used in the initial operations.

They are without access for equipment to supply the current force and now will double that force and what?? 

They may be able to flood the Ukraine with troops but then they will run out of everything in 3 days again and now we have an even larger stalemate with even more Russian losses…

8 hours ago, 686 said:

http:// https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/sanctioned-or-not-russians-abroad-find-their-money-is-toxic-2022-03-30/

"I am dealing with Russians who can't get out of hotels, students who have no money because credit cards are valueless," said Bob Amsterdam, a founding partner of Washington- and London-based law firm Amsterdam & Partners.

"Banks ... are refusing Russians bank accounts: they are closing their doors to Russians on nationality," said Amsterdam, who is based in London. "Leading law firms in the City have closed their doors to Russians in terms of nationality."

"Currently, everything that is Russian is toxic, which means that everyone is trying to be extremely, extremely careful in terms of what to do with Russian clients," said the lawyer, a dual Russian and British citizen, who runs a law firm in Zurich.

giphy.gif

What I like best about this gif is that she was born in Ukraine

• Like 1

Between the way the Russian soldier is almost proud to tell his family that they are raping 16 year old girls and what this blogger has to say, I am not a fan of the Russian disposition at all. I do NOT feel sorry for whats coming. Ukraine has to go up in them dry. That's the only way at this point. The lady who told the story of being gang-raped multiple times while her little son was crying alone in the boiler room made me wanna hop on a plane.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

From what @MillerEP posted, this is very interesting.  Lot of speculation that the US's talks with China were basically along the lines of either "we'll ramp up weapons/supplies to Taiwan" or "we can toss you in with Russia and start sanctioning you/cutting you off from various services".

The fact that China has not send military assistance (and I think it would have shown up in the losses that are being tracked by the OSINT folks) makes me think we did draw a line with them.

If this is being posted by pro-regime TG channels, this is awesome.  Sucks for these guys, but it's awesome that people are standing up for Ukraine, and it also means the Belarusians/Russians will be paranoid as fuck about their rail system.  Could even divert 

And if this is actively being promoted among the Belarusian population, it's going to make more and more Belarusians question what is going on, and make them realize that this is some kind of resistance, even if unorganized.  Toss in the Belarusians fighting for Ukraine and you've got some people being motivated.

And that's on top of the rumors about the Belarusian military balking at going to Ukraine.

22 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

The purpose of the visit to Ukraine is to kill and plunder. This is the "prey" of the slain Russian orc. Gold and a few dollars. Visa for wife or girlfriend. But instead of a package of jewelry, she will receive a corpse in the package. And so it will be with every enemy who comes to our land.

god-damn-damn.gif

16 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yeah, brainwashed or not; fuck the Russians.  I hope they suffer exponentially more than they Ukrainians. 

Yeah......this.  Fuck 'em.  Sometimes, a nation and its people are just generally shitty.  Sure, not all of them.  But enough of them.  There's no fixing the Russian mindset.  Just wall it off.

Dumb question amnesty for the military guys: are tanks and armored vehicles with big guns considered the "artillery" that is shelling cities? I know the Russians are shooting missiles into cities too, but my impression is that missiles come from long range, and there are far fewer of them, compared to the artillery shelling. 

I'm asking because when I think artillery, I think of a big gun on wheels. But I haven't seen images from Ukraine of those. I'm assuming the Ukrainians would place higher priority on destroying the artillery that is blasting the cities. In other words, are all the tanks being blown up/captured by Ukraine the main guns doing the shelling?

4 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Or we're planning to replace with loitering munitions.

Back when I worked in the missile world, I worked on the MLRS program.  They had rocket that dispersed [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sense_and_Destroy_ARMor]SADARM[/url] rounds that would float down on parachutes.  They had sensors that could detect targets and then fire projectiles down on them.  Enough KE to penetrate tank top armor.

Cool concept.  It's been discontinued, though...

RU is using their Howitzers.  UKa has taken 65 of the 152mm ones off the board. Those are the ones they use to reduce cities to rubble.  https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html

Forgot where I saw the quote from a military guy, today, who said he that disagrees that the tank era is over however the age of heavy artillery may be when a drone force can remove it in minutes instead of needing to call in a plane/missile.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, texastough said:

Dumb question amnesty for the military guys: are tanks and armored vehicles with big guns considered the "artillery" that is shelling cities? I know the Russians are shooting missiles into cities too, but my impression is that missiles come from long range, and there are far fewer of them, compared to the artillery shelling. 

I'm asking because when I think artillery, I think of a big gun on wheels. But I haven't seen images from Ukraine of those. I'm assuming the Ukrainians would place higher priority on destroying the artillery that is blasting the cities. In other words, are all the tanks being blown up/captured by Ukraine the main guns doing the shelling?

There are technically four types of "artillery" 

Cannons/Howitzers, long-barreled guns, Mortars, and Rocket Artillery

Out of those four, they pretty much break down into "Self-propelled" or "Field guns." Self-propelled generally means it has its own wheels or tracks so it drives itself around, these are what you're most likely seeing like MLRS and giant guns sitting on tracks. A Field gun is usually got 2 wheels and it wheeled around on a carriage of some sort like the US uses most.

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

There are technically four types of "artillery" 

Cannons/Howitzers, long-barreled guns, Mortars, and Rocket Artillery

Out of those four, they pretty much break down into "Self-propelled" or "Field guns." Self-propelled generally means it has its own wheels or tracks so it drives itself around, these are what you're most likely seeing like MLRS and giant guns sitting on tracks. A Field gun is usually got 2 wheels and it wheeled around on a carriage of some sort like the US uses most.

@texastough To piggyback on that, tanks are direct fire - you basically have to be in line-of-sight of your target, so we are talking well less than 2 miles.  The guns are also limited in caliber size both because of recoil, but also ammo storage.  Also, most of a tank's ammo is going to be anti-armor/anti-tank (with some high-explosive/anti-personnel stuff thrown in).  If they started shelling buildings, they'd be out of the high-explosive stuff within a few minutes.  

Plus, if they got close enough to shell buildings, they are within Javelin range.

The artillery the Russians are using (that MillerEP mentioned) is sitting way back, anywhere from 10 miles out to 30+ (MLRS) depending on the system.

These are our self-propelled guns, and they may look like tanks, and can technically do direct-fire/line-of-sight, but they are not used like tanks, and they are usually 10+ miles behind their targets.  They are very lightly-armored compared to a main battle tank, because the thing is already massively heavy to begin with.

1024px-Kings_of_battle_keep_the_fire;_1-

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I've made a joke that the Russian army is basically aggy as fuck, but even aggy engineers would understand not to fuck around in areas where there is plenty of radioactive material still around.  

I could easily see Russians digging into the forests around Chernobyl or driving vehicles/tanks through those areas, where they can easily stir up radioactive material.

And storing ammunition nearby, that's just dumb as fuck as well.  Even if it doesn't affect Chernobyl proper, it could still dump plenty of material into the air (because there's no way the Soviet Union cleaned it all up).

Hey fellas, another widow with two small kids.  Yeah, I'm a piece of shit for saying it, but he volunteered for the Russian army multiple times after Crimea, so no fucks given.  Let some fat middle-aged American raise his kids and bang his wife.

From their version of Facebook:

He saved a wounded comrade at the cost of his life. Rinchinov Bair Alexandrovich tragically died on February 28, 2022 in Ukraine, while performing his military duty. 
Bair was born on November 24, 1989 in the village of Barun-Khasurta, Khorinsky district, graduated from high school here and entered the V.R. Filippova is a veterinarian, like his father. Always fond of technology, machines. 
In 2008, he was called up for military service in the Russian Army, served in the city of Chita in a tank division, was a tanker, then continued in the 5th tank brigade at the Divisional station. Passion for technology and here it came in handy. After returning from the Army, he was an assistant and support for his parents, did housework, was an assistant to his mother and looked after his father, who was seriously ill. In 2014, after the death of their father, they moved with their mother to the city. 
In 2016, he signed a contract and went to serve in military unit 46108 of the 5th tank brigade of Remroth at the Divisional 
Bair station. He was a very cheerful and kind guy, always smiling with his childlike open smile, had many friends, always helped and ran to help everyone who was his asked. 
Bair was the only long-awaited son, a loving husband and father. He is survived by his mother, wife and two small children, a daughter 2.10 and a son 11 months old. 
His tragic death shocked us all! Knowing him, he could not have acted differently, he did not leave his comrade!!! He will forever remain in our hearts as an open, kind and cheerful Bair!!! 
Sleep in peace our dear son, husband, father, brother!!! 
Eternal and blessed memory of the Hero!!! Posthumously awarded the Order of Courage. 

The farewell ceremony with Bair Aleksandrovich Rinchinov will take place on 04/01/2022 in the village. Barun-Khasurta at 12:00 pm. 
Those wishing to say goodbye to Bair in the city can arrive on April 1, 2022 at 8:30 at the address. Kupecheskaya d.39 (Rainbow). Departure of the cortege at 9:00-9:30. It is not recommended to be in the cemetery for years tahyaa, ukher, mogoy (chicken, cow, snake). 2 buses will also be organized for a trip to Barun-Khasurta 

Love the comments

Mongolia die for Russian pigs. Stupid

-----

He did not save anyone, the commander stupidly did not pull him out

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Likely related to this.

LONDON, March 28 (Reuters) - Russian soldiers who seized the site of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster drove their armoured vehicles without radiation protection through a highly toxic zone called the "Red Forest", kicking up clouds of radioactive dust, workers at the site said.

The two sources said soldiers in the convoy did not use any anti-radiation gear. The second Chernobyl employee said that was "suicidal" for the soldiers because the radioactive dust they inhaled was likely to cause internal radiation in their bodies.

1 minute ago, ABSR said:

Likely related to this.

LONDON, March 28 (Reuters) - Russian soldiers who seized the site of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster drove their armoured vehicles without radiation protection through a highly toxic zone called the "Red Forest", kicking up clouds of radioactive dust, workers at the site said.

The two sources said soldiers in the convoy did not use any anti-radiation gear. The second Chernobyl employee said that was "suicidal" for the soldiers because the radioactive dust they inhaled was likely to cause internal radiation in their bodies.

Man.  If true that is fucking insane.  But it seems a bit odd to me that a decon zone wasn't setup.  It would take a month to decon that many Russians otherwise they are basically sending a bunch of contaminated Russians into Belarus and killing everyone who comes into contact with them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Man.  If true that is fucking insane.  But it seems a bit odd to me that a decon zone wasn't setup.  It would take a month to decon that many Russians otherwise they are basically sending a bunch of contaminated Russians into Belarus and killing everyone who comes into contact with them.

Ya think the brass give a fuck about conscripts or contract troops? As for the medical personnel who have to care for them, well I have quit shitty jobs before. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

You're like me. You keep forgetting to add "but it's Russians, so sure" to the ends of your thoughts.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Ya think the brass give a fuck about conscripts or contract troops? As for the medical personnel who have to care for them, well I have quit shitty jobs before. 

Even more, do you think Russia gives two fucks about killing a bunch of Belarus medical personnel?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Likely related to this.

In many ways I sorta feel bad for the Russian soldiers because the only way the name Chernobyl would mean anything to them is through common word of mouth because any historical record regarding Chernobyl in Russian education is either extremely biased or, more likely, nonexistent for those going into military service.

Its one thing to despise the Russian army for all of the horrible shit they have done under Putins direction, but I can still some compassion over clueless GIs going where they were told, all the while being ignorant of the history the state never allowed to be taught. Radiation poisoning is a hard way to die, and all of those troops  are at best now promised an early death due to cancer, with the more likely scenario radiation poisoning killing them all in the next few weeks.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Sounds like these are the true heroes fighting for their Motherland. Hope they have Kadyrov and Putin pin some medals on them and they can all marinate in some of that Chernobyl juice.

• Like 1