Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Watching a British news show on YouTube, and a news reader asked an analyst about “all the tools” that Putin says he has that “no one can boast of” and the analyst responded “all his tools that they don’t boast about, they boast about all the time.”

It’s also stupid as fuck.  We’ve seen what your shitty tools do.  They get blown to smithereens by Raytheon’s B team. You think we believe you’re wedding-at-cana’ing this thing and holding back all the good wine until the end?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Shooting million-dollar missiles from fucking submarines.  Tells you that they really don’t have air superiority.

Also a "signal" to the west that their subs are out there sneaking around.  Not much of a projection of power, but all they seem to have at this moment.  If only they had a big flag ship to parade around?  That'd be great....yeah....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Also a "signal" to the west that their subs are out there sneaking around.  Not much of a projection of power, but all they seem to have at this moment.  If only they had a big flag ship to parade around?  That'd be great....yeah....

Perhaps I read too much Tom Clancy back in the day but don't we know where all their subs are, for the most part?

13 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Yeah, that's as big a "signal" as lining up along the border for 4 months and saying it was a military exercise.  We all know it's there.  

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Perhaps I read too much Tom Clancy back in the day but don't we know where all their subs are, for the most part?

Probably in the confined waters of the region, but once they hit open water, unless being directly tailed, I don't think so

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Yea same. I always assumed most of their subs...especially their boomers...have a Los Angeles class shadow 24/7.

I think it's the worlds most dangerous game of hide & seek.  Friend from college served on one.  Once they hit open waters, not even POTUS knows where they are - as designed

16 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Probably in the confined waters of the region, but once they hit open water, unless being directly tailed, I don't think so

It wasn't my job in the Navy, but I distinctly remember during my surface warfare quals being up in the part of the carrier that tracks all that and seeing our ships, commercial ships, an Iranian sub, and a Russian sub on our real time tracking map while in the Gulf of Aden.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Schulz2.0 said:

It wasn't my job in the Navy, but I distinctly remember during my surface warfare quals being up in the part of the carrier that tracks all that and seeing our ships, commercial ships, an Iranian sub, and a Russian sub on our real time tracking map while in the Gulf of Aden.

Yeah, in gulfs and confined spaces, it's much easier - but in open water, from what I heard, it's much more difficult.  But that's of course all second hand.

• Hook 'Em 1