Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

I'm just in on it because historically shit goes downhill fast in these situations. As an attacking force that can't attack, it's going to go downhill quickly. Is that a week or two? Who knows, but ots going to happen and it will be sudden. Russia doesn't have the resources to keep this up indefinitely. Ukraine has the desire and the rest of the world providing them the resources.

And once the switchblade and ghost drones get there, those shitty troops are going to freak the fuck out. Just silently circling above you until it finds a target and then boom. You're dead. 

They are already getting killed with drones that my kid plays with dropping essentially a mortar. I can't wait to see videos from these new one and done drones. 

• Hook 'Em 3

53 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I wonder how many of those 10,000+ tanks are T-34/85s, T-55s, and T-62s.  Those were hard to beat in their day, but don't match up against even older T-72s and T-80s.  Throwing them at the Ukrainian forces as they are armed now would be a huge waste.  I hope Russia does it.

Those tanks are the equilevent of USAF counting every plane in the desert boneyards as available inventory.

RU has likely lost at least a third of operational tanks and who knows the corresponding percentage of trained tank crew.

• Hook 'Em 3

56 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I know we joke about things being two weeks out, but back in March, a bunch of the analysts were saying something would have to give within 10 days to two weeks based on the lack of supplies, the Russians bogging down and moving very little, etc., and low and behold Russia had to pull out of Kyiv a few weeks later (early April).

In recent days a bunch of them have been saying that we are back to a situation where the Russians have 10-14 days to do something, because every BTG that is truly capable of attacking (whether at full strength or not) has now been committed, and if the Russians don't do something soon, they will lose a lot more territory, because puttering around and advancing very little does nothing but burn through supplies they barely have and give the Ukrainians more time to spot their stuff and destroy it, spot weakness, bring more forces to bear, along with getting the heavy equipment they are getting from the West into the fight.

I think they are right, because they were right in  March, and because Putin doesn't have the in-theater reserves to A) exploit any breakthroughs the Russians might create and B) reinforce any areas where the Ukrainians break through.

When they write the history of this war, there better be chapters devoted to the Russians problem with reserves.  Having 10,000+ tanks on paper does you no good if you aren't able to quickly replace tanks being lost on a daily basis.

Something you have done a great job of explaining the manpower issue is real - without going to full mobilization (both calling reserves and legally using conscripts) most of the BTGs started the war with 70-80% combat strength. I've seen conjecture from the professional analysts, BMPs, etc. are only carrying 2-3 dismounts. Unsupported armor and lack of casualties in knocked out APCs and IFVs lead me to believe it. 

I can only imagine those 2 unlucky bastards sitting in the back of a BMP looking at each other knowing they are they only dismounts. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

I thought WMDs on civilians were a pretty well known trip line? Is this just to make it clear where the line is?

Kinzinger was on Face the Nation and basically said he introduced it to send a firm message to Putin from Congress and to act as a deterrent.

On 4/30/2022 at 2:36 PM, The Dog said:

I got curious about how the loss rate of Russian generals compared to losses of Generals in the US Civil War. After some googling and calculating, I figured out that both sides combined lost about 0.6 generals KIA per week. So about 2 dead every 3 weeks.

The Russians are losing about one a week. Now, maybe the Russians are making guys Generals for doing jobs that Colonels handle in other militaries, but damn. It's like the front lines at Shiloh every day for Russian Generals.

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

Pretty much guarantees we're going to start hearing about chemical or bio weapons coming from, say, Syria...

Felt more like some of Rubio's warnings, like we expect the Russians to start deploying chemical or bio weapons in Ukraine, so we are putting it out there that it's a game changer.

I still think if the Russians were going the WMD route (most likely chemical), they would have already done so during their problems around Kyiv.

And I also think it'll be a line the Chinese won't tolerate being crossed.  We know the Chinese have already slow-rolled/denied them military assistance in terms of large systems.

And Stalin would be rolling over in his tomb if he knew Putin was begging the Chinese and third world countries for help.

• Like 1

Another day of the "Great Offensive on Donbas" ended for the Russians by providing the Ukrainian army with a new tank.

The paratroopers of the 95th ODSHBR took a wonderful trophy, which will soon be in service and will beat Rashik to the core.

Yuriy Kochevenko is a DShV officer

43 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Felt more like some of Rubio's warnings, like we expect the Russians to start deploying chemical or bio weapons in Ukraine, so we are putting it out there that it's a game changer.

I still think if the Russians were going the WMD route (most likely chemical), they would have already done so during their problems around Kyiv.

And I also think it'll be a line the Chinese won't tolerate being crossed.  We know the Chinese have already slow-rolled/denied them military assistance in terms of large systems.

And Stalin would be rolling over in his tomb if he knew Putin was begging the Chinese and third world countries for help.

Why? He begged for help and it was the only reason that dumb fuck was able to hold out.   Then the dumb fuck complained about it afterwards.  

Edited by Nivek

Russian troops in the occupied city of Melitopol have stolen all the equipment from a farm equipment dealership -- and shipped it to Chechnya, according to a Ukrainian businessman in the area.

But after a journey of more than 700 miles, the thieves were unable to use any of the equipment -- because it had been locked remotely.
Over the past few weeks there's been a growing number of reports of Russian troops stealing farm equipment, grain and even building materials - beyond widespread looting of residences. But the removal of valuable agricultural equipment from a John Deere dealership in Melitopol speaks to an increasingly organized operation, one that even uses Russian military transport as part of the heist.
CNN has learned that the equipment was removed from an Agrotek dealership in Melitopol, which has been occupied by Russian forces since early March. Altogether it's valued at nearly $5 million. The combine harvesters alone are worth $300,000 each.

Most modern farm equipment has a cellular modem, similar to what cars do.  It's used for fleet tracking, software updates, and syncing fertilizer application data.  And also for bricking the ECM, it seems.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/01/europe/russia-farm-vehicles-ukraine-disabled-melitopol-intl/index.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

When they write the history of this war, there better be chapters devoted to the Russians problem with reserves.  Having 10,000+ tanks on paper does you no good if you aren't able to quickly replace tanks being lost on a daily basis.

One month after the start of the Battle of the Bulge we had more operational tanks at the front than we had before we lost a bunch during the battle.     

German tank replacements after their losses? Not so much.  

2 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Not that they need advice from a 60 yo Marine 60mm mortarman, but I would use those US MLRS systems with the 300 mile range to drop every Russian rail bridge and destroy every Russian port facility that I could reach.  I would especially go after wherever they're reloading the ships and subs, preferably while they are quayside.  Next on my list would be Russian ammo and fuel depots in Ukraine and nearby Russia and command and control centers.  Stop the flow of supplies, then destroy what Russia has on hand.

Oh, and if those missiles can be used on ships at sea, so much the better.  Pop them, too.

I've been waiting somehow, someway for the Ukes to take down the Kerch Straight bridge. 

• Hook 'Em 5

12 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

I’ve said it from day one - whoever has more Precambrian metamorphosed sedimentary rocks rich in iron ore is going to win this in the end.

Yes, well, when you are fighting a Gorn, you have to make good use of your environment.

22 minutes ago, Parliament said:

This board started out as a buncha coach-hiring consultants.  We pivoted to virologists and then supply chain experts.  Once we solved those problems, we moved on to geopolitics and now we're calling in airstrikes.  All from our sofas.  Man, is there ANYTHING we can't do?

Ask yourself this - would we, given the resources available to any football staff at UT, have produced worse results what we have experienced over the last decade. I’d argue the answer is no. 

• Rage+1 1

Oh cool, start fucking with NATO directly again.  Great idea.  I thought this would be a clusterfuck, given how previous Russian shit has gone down and the general state of their stuff, but that they'd eventually be able to grind the Ukranians down enough to get favorable terms. 

Didn't figure on the type of shit filled raging dumpster fire floating down a river of goat piss that the Russians have rolled out here.  And they're actively trying to make it *worse* for some bizarre reason.  

36 minutes ago, Parliament said:

This board started out as a buncha coach-hiring consultants.  We pivoted to virologists and then supply chain experts.  Once we solved those problems, we moved on to geopolitics and now we're calling in airstrikes.  All from our sofas.  Man, is there ANYTHING we can't do?

Win 10 games a season? Too soon?

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

What he said:

3 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Kinzinger was on Face the Nation and basically said he introduced it to send a firm message to Putin from Congress and to act as a deterrent.

It felt like it was coordinated with the WH and DOD, as well, like Rubio's stuff.

Maybe even NATO.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Shut down Cloak Room?

40 minutes ago, Parliament said:

All from our sofas.  Man, is there ANYTHING we can't do?

23 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

You mean other than fix the fucking football team?

17 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Ask yourself this - would we, given the resources available to any football staff at UT, have produced worse results what we have experienced over the last decade. I’d argue the answer is no. 

3 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Win 10 games a season? Too soon?

jim carrey GIF

46 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Make Top Gun 2 actually play in theaters?  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

sucks-texas-tom-herman.gif

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

13 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

My gut feeling is that random fires and collapsing bridges in Russia were probably a regular thing before this war. Now it's just getting more coverage. 

I've wondered about the same thing.  I'd like to know what the frequency of such occurrences was one, two, and five years ago.