Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

On 5/4/2022 at 10:38 AM, Brisketexan said:

100% this.  Which is exactly how I dealt with a particular bully back in the day.  It solved some shit, I can tell you.  Oh, the bully grew up to be a racist cop -- shocker there.

I’m glad you finally stood up for yourself and kicked her ass!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, but seizing assets of Russian leaders and oligarchs doesn’t really give them a leg to stand on.

I mean, all of these actions were going to happen anyway, and the rest is just semantics.

But the difference is, Russia stealing equipment from foreign companies that have risked billions investing in their country, will have disastrous consequences for the future of their economy.

Edited by utee94
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, utee94 said:

But the difference is, Russia stealing equipment from foreign companies that have risked billions investing in their country, will have disastrous consequences for the future of their economy.

Yep.  Even if Putin pulled out next week, stepped down and put in a person the West can work with and promised to rebuild Ukraine, and sanctions, etc. were dropped, I doubt Russia would return those aircraft.  

But even if hey did give the aircraft back, the foreign companies would be wondering what happens down the road when Russia fucks around in Georgia or Moldova or somewhere else and sanctions kick in again.

Putin fucked his own people over in the long term with how he acted towards foreign companies..

I mean, all of these actions were going to happen anyway, and the rest is just semantics.

Shades of Cuba 1959.

Ok--can we get more footage of quadcopters dropping mortars on unsuspecting Russians?  Because that has really become my favorite genre of war video.

Ask, and you shall receive:

http:// https://v.redd.it/70sit89w0gx81/HLSPlaylist.m3u8?f=sd&v=1&a=1654400168,MmQ4ZWRhNTdlODdhM2M0ZjMyODUxMjBkZjQ4ZmUzY2MyMTY5OWVhNDZjMGQwMTNhN2E2YzI1YmJkNDBkNDllOA%3D%3D&utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Hungarian prime minister, go fuck yourself.

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I’m sure all the US veterans from the Korean & Vietnam wars don’t give a shit what the Russians’ think about it. 
Fuck them right in their commie red asses.

Chuck Norris Qt GIF

5 minutes ago, 686 said:

Russian video showing the operation of a T-72, including the loading of the carrousel with ammo. It really is right under the crew. Yikes.

http://

But they used a pencil in space!   Fake news

11 minutes ago, 686 said:

Russian video showing the operation of a T-72, including the loading of the carrousel with ammo. It really is right under the crew. Yikes.

We should get these magnificent bastards (that being the Ukrainians) some M1A2s ASAP. 

Edited by The Dog

6 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I prefer not to get nuked, thank you very much.

I mean, I hear you that the Soviets gave direct and material aid to the North Koreans and North Vietnamese.  I mean, we can argue about the significance.  I'm not sure that Soviet pilots downing a few Thunderchiefs exactly equates to giving the Ukrainians intelligence that allowed them to sink the Black Sea flagship and kill 400 sailors.  But whatevs.

But here's the thing--it really doesn't matter.  There's no referee here.  This is a call-your-own-foul deal.  We didn't call a foul in 1952 or in 1970.  But that doesn't mean that the Russians won't call a foul here.  And if they call a foul, . . . look, man--I look good in the dark, not glowing in the dark.

Well we did. And it is well documented. A Few? American Pilots and SF personnel dying in camps in Russia. Russian led SAMs around Vietnam. They had training groups in S China. FAFO. 

And if it glows, there will be some dude in a hidden place to record the history. Please stop appeasing the Orcs.

Wonder if some math wiz here wants to do US POW's MIA vs. the Crew of a shitty Russian ship. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, The Dog said:

Trent going in dry on Ivan.

Really goes off on Intelligence services in the West at the end.  

What the h--l was Western Intelligence doing for 80 years not to notice this?

Western intelligence hear the message Russia sent exactly as Russia wanted it heard.

If "Amateurs study tactics & professionals study logistics"... ...what does that make Western Intelligence? And how does it regain the credibility it just lost?

I can't disagree, though I realize it's a ton easier to see now.  If the strategy and execution on the part of the Russians had been significantly better but all the same shit equipment/maintenance had been in play, would we have noticed all this?

36 minutes ago, grazinhorn said:

Really goes off on Intelligence services in the West at the end.  

I can't disagree, though I realize it's a ton easier to see now.  If the strategy and execution on the part of the Russians had been significantly better but all the same shit equipment/maintenance had been in play, would we have noticed all this?

my guess is we've understood these things for a long time.  it's why we developed the automation we have for our comparable systems:  to have a battlefield advantage, or at least make up for the numerical disparity (at the time, in the 80s) with tech that lets us send more shit down-range, faster.

but how do you justify that expense to Congress by saying "russian gear sucks, we would mop their asses up just on training alone"?

• Hook 'Em 4

Well we did. And it is well documented. A Few? American Pilots and SF personnel dying in camps in Russia. Russian led SAMs around Vietnam. They had training groups in S China. FAFO. 
And if it glows, there will be some dude in a hidden place to record the history. Please stop appeasing the Orcs.
Wonder if some math wiz here wants to do US POW's MIA vs. the Crew of a shitty Russian ship. 

Russian POWs could be held in gitmo?

People are crammed in tanks like sardines. What a shitty way to go when the tank ends up upside down in a pond or mud. Unless you’re Russian

People are crammed in tanks like sardines. What a shitty way to go when the tank ends up upside down in a pond or mud. Unless you’re Russian

We’ve seen several of the submarine variants right side up in rivers and streams. I’ll bet that water was cold.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What's the real state of the war now? I see nothing but videos of Ukrainians taking out Russians but the map makes it seems like the Russians are in control of more and more areas.

Best update is from the Institute for the Study of War on twitter. Basically, Russia is making little to no advances and are losing ground around Kharkiv in the northeast. If Ukraine can successfully take this area, Russian troops in the Donbas will be largely cut off from resupply. Kherson is also being actively contested. The “all out offensive” by Russia is failing, to no one’s surprise.

• Hook 'Em 1