Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

There was a discussion earlier that American units were using really old hardware/software for fire direction.  Yeah, they aren't able to update as fast as the Ukrainians are for a lot of reasons, but we aren't using 1980s tech either.  And it has GPS and digital communications (for going up the chain), and there's multiple versions of this.

In this instance, this thing appears to be really solid for 60mm, 81mm, and 120mm mortar squads.

47 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Twitters “sensitive content” has a wide range.  I’m either going to see a picture of a guy posing in front of a tank or a headless body, always a gamble.  Lol

Has something with this changed recently? Either with Twitter or with the way the site embeds tweets? @immamac

I feel like this is all over the place now when it wasn't previously. I haven't fucked with my Twitter settings, and I've confirmed that they are as permissive as possible. 

2 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Has something with this changed recently? Either with Twitter or with the way the site embeds tweets? @immamac

I feel like this is all over the place now when it wasn't previously. I haven't fucked with my Twitter settings, and I've confirmed that they are as permissive as possible. 

I've wondered if it's related to how many people report it as sensitive content, as there is clearly plenty of stuff being marked sensitive, that isn't, and we know the Russian bots/trolls are out in full force.

British Sec Def dunking on Putin:

“Who’s going to be buying Russian kit? We have seen in Libya, in Syria, in Azerbaijan, and now in Ukraine, [Russian] equipment being defeated by predominantly handheld equipment,” Wallace said. “When a TB-2 takes out your SA-22… I think that has an impact on what is Russia’s offer"

55 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

When enough RU trolls complain they put it under sensitive. The trolls hope people skip it thinking it is bodies instead of more destroyed RU kit.

EDIT- atomheartbevo beat me to it

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

This one gets more interesting. It was geolocated as being on M14 which is the main road between Russia and Mariupol, and supposedly 100km behind RU lines, near Novoazovs'k.  Speculations are IED, which IMO wouldn't be easy to plant on a main road, or SOF infiltrated with a Switchblade.

Hope it is the beginning of the calvary for Mariupol.

Yep

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Good job, Vlad:

So they apply, russia attacks them, UK helps, russia attacks THEM, then off we go right?  I’ll be watching the polish feed, at least at the puck drop. 

or they apply and russia smartly does nothing, but they look all the more impotent after the Sabre rattling earlier about it. 

20 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So they apply, russia attacks them, UK helps, russia attacks THEM, then off we go right?  I’ll be watching the polish feed, at least at the puck drop. 

or they apply and russia smartly does nothing, but they look all the more impotent after the Sabre rattling earlier about it. 

Russia is getting humiliated by a country a third of its size, that it used to control.

Attacking Finland would mean getting humiliated by a country a 25th of its size, that it used to control.  A country that has trained for 75 years to fight Russia.

So I'm leaning towards doing nothing.  Maybe move some more nukes up there, or sorty some ships or subs, but that's it.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 1

Damn, whole lot of projections going on here with the inner circle talk and that Ukraine isn't allowed to export to other countries, but I'm actually surprised by a couple of things:

1. Russian state TV is using the word "war" more often (based on other clips as well - some of the media analysts have mentioned this recently).
  2. Admitting to the Russian public that the US, etc., are dumping a shitload of military aid into Ukraine.
  3. Discussing operations beyond Donbas, including Transnistria, and acting as though victory in Donbas will win the war.
  4. Pretending like the US doesn't feed itself.  Shit, if you've ever been to an SEC football game and did a survey of waistlines, you'd see we feed ourselves a little too well.

But the biggest takeaway to me is that it sounds more like justification for doing something about Moldova (I mean Transnistria).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

If anybody was curious about the female brigade in the May 9th parade

NINTCHDBPICT000731672234.jpg?strip=all&w

Weird with the skirts over the knees, but not complaining.

Shame all their men are being cooked off in shitty Russian tanks, but I could use a housekeeper with benefits. 

Remember that pontoon bridge and the carnage?
this guy says he was part of it:

IF what he is saying is accurate then Ivan lost ~1500 in this one engagement.

There is some weird stuff in that guy’s thread. Why telegraph some of it to the world? Also kind of doxxing yourself. he also seems way off on the casualty amount and then posting his PayPal was awkward. That said, bully for him if he scouted it out and called it.

On 5/9/2022 at 7:09 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Putin rails about hating the West, but wants to belong to the West.  Sounds like a lot of football teams that think they are better than they actually are.

Again, aggy?

• Hook 'Em 3

John Kirby Pentagon pressers are really enjoyable to me these days. White House pressers are just a argumentative shit show that i have no interest in, but this guy handles direct questions and lowers my blood pressure while giving me some interesting info/perspective/news.

http://

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 686 said:

This is a good thread on current situation:

http://

I read that as Russia knows they are about to lose and is desperately trying to find an off-ramp.

Unfortunately for Putin's sake that does not exist. As far as Ukraine is concerned this only ends when all Russians are out of Ukraine - including Donbas and Crimea. 

Putin cannot do that or else he's toast, so he's trying to find a way to get to a ceasefire that Ukraine will never agree to. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russian widows marching with photos of their dead .  Edit: and before anybody gets upset, these are dead officers, which means they volunteered for this shit, and they volunteered after 2015, which means that they knew they could be doing barbaric shit in Syria or elsewhere.

FSZcz4BWQAEEeTv?format=jpg&name=small

Season 4 Flirting GIF by Friends

Don't look terribly aggrieved. Going with social media models/actresses getting paid to carry a sign for some dude she's never met. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2