Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Gather round kids, let me take you back to Denton in the Spring of 1992.  It was very late in the evening, or early in the morning.  Somewhere in McConnell Hall, a very hungry Chad Fuck was looking for cheap eats, for...reasons.  I happened upon one Ashish [name withheld for further reasons] in the common area.  Ashish and I had absolutely nothing in common, except that we were both hungry and had enough pocket change to scrape together to get a couple of burritos from the Taco Bell.  I had a car, and it was on.  We had common cause for our quest.  

That Taco Bell spent the next 24 hours turning my insides into its bitch.  It was the absolute worst food poisoning I've ever had.  It was my own personal Russian invasion of Ukraine, except Russia was a burrito and my lower intestine was Ukraine.  

In sum, Taco Bell sucks. 

And people say Taco Bell isn't Mexican food...

• Haha 6

19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s stunning how little the Russians care about their dead.  I’ve been checking out a friend’s project about some forts and trails during the 1860s and 1870s in the Dakotas/etc. and even then American soldiers would risk their lives to recover their dead or reinforce their fellow soldiers.  Multiple instances of them going out knowing they might die just to retrieve a body or try to find a missing trooper.  

It could be gruesome with the heavily mutilated bodies and dangerous when the Indians would use wounded troopers as bait for traps, etc.

Meanwhile the Russians are just mozying out, more concerned with loot than their buddies’ bodies.

The dead are dead. "Rescuing" the dead is noble, but it does not help the mission. On the contrary, dragging out a dead (or even severely wounded) soldier puts the mission in jeopardy.

We (USA) lost a lot more lives in Vietnam by being Noble while the other side was fighting for their life and trying to kill as many as they could, using our beliefs against us, as we were against them.

So about this Russian manpower pinch, the thing I wonder is how long they can keep stripping away garrison forces in OldTransMordvinia and East Chingatumamastan, while simultaneously getting their shit pushed in by those Hohol bumpkins who also used to be under Russia's protection, I say how long before there are a bunch of new secessions of new republics who aren't afraid of the mangy old bear, and whose local mafias want their money unsanctioned again?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

Gerasimov was absent from the May 9th parade. Oleksiy Arestovych says preliminary info suggests Gerasimov has been sacked. Whoever they replace him with is likely a big downgrade. Gerasimov is relatively competent. Fingers crossed. Arestovych's info is usually pretty reliable. 

Also rumors the Commander of the Black Sea Fleet sacked and arrested, as well as 3 more generals. 

A lot of Russian officers should be extremely nervous. We're at the point in musical chairs when they start removing 5-6 chairs at a time. 

Oleksiy Arestovych, a military adviser to Ukraine's president, said “preliminary information” suggested Gen Gerasimov had been removed from his post while Vladimir Putin and his inner circle assessed whether he should be allowed to continue to lead the country’s armed forces.

The Telegram feed alleged that the Commander of the Black Sea Fleet, Admiral Igor Osipov, had been removed from his post and arrested, while the Commander of the 6th Army, Lieutenant General Vladislav Ershov, had reportedly been fired, along with the commander of the tank army of the western military district, Lieutenant General Sergei Kisel and one of the deputy commanders, [and] Commander of the 22nd Army Corps of the Southern Military District, Major General Arkady Marzoev.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/putin-russian-military-gerasimov-ukraine-b2077884.html?

Spoiler

Russian military leaders ‘sacked and arrested’ amid heavy battlefield losses

Speculation about Valery Gerasimov comes after he was absent from Moscow Victory Day parade

Tom Batchelor5 hours ago

Chief of the Russian general staff, Valery Gerasimov, has been suspended amid the Kremlin’s faltering invasion, a senior Ukrainian official has claimed.

Oleksiy Arestovych, a military adviser to Ukraine's president, said “preliminary information” suggested Gen Gerasimov had been removed from his post while Vladimir Putin and his inner circle assessed whether he should be allowed to continue to lead the country’s armed forces. 

There has been no official confirmation of the reported sacking, although speculation about a purge of senior military commanders increased after Gen Gerasimov was absent from Russia’s annual Victory Day parade on Monday. 

Russian armed forces have suffered several major setbacks in their war, failing to take Kyiv early on and enduring heavy losses – both in lives and equipment. 

In the wake of their failure to seize the capital, Russian forces pulled back and regrouped – and switched their focus to Ukraine's eastern Donbas, a region where Moscow-backed separatists have fought Ukrainian troops for eight years. 

But Russia's advance there has been slow, too, and Western officials say Russia has not managed to take any cities. 

One of the most dramatic examples of Ukraine's ability to prevent easy victories is in Mariupol, where Ukrainian fighters holed up at a steel plant have denied Russia full control of the city. 

Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu (R) and chief of the general staff Valery Gerasimov attend a meeting with Russian President in Moscow on 27 February

(Alexey Nikolsky/Sputnik/AFP via Getty Images)

A lack of Russian gains has led to speculation that Mr Putin is planning a purge of military leaders who are being blamed for the failures. 

Reports said a Telegram channel run by the Ukrainian interior ministry had claimed that two more commanders had been sacked due to battlefield losses. 

The Telegram feed alleged that the Commander of the Black Sea Fleet, Admiral Igor Osipov, had been removed from his post and arrested, while the Commander of the 6th Army, Lieutenant General Vladislav Ershov, had reportedly been fired, along with the commander of the tank army of the western military district, Lieutenant General Sergei Kisel and one of the deputy commanders, [and] Commander of the 22nd Army Corps of the Southern Military District, Major General Arkady Marzoev.

Russian president Vladimir Putin has not achieved the quick victory many believed he was expecting 

(EPA)

Ben Wallace, the British defence secretary, said last week that Russian military chiefs were “terrified they are about to be purged and pushed out”. 

“Be careful if you’re out in sole command of something in the Russian system, because it may not be for long,” Mr Wallace said. 

“There is a point of tension in the system. As much as they respect the former KGB man [Mr Putin] for being a strong leader, the Russian general staff are going to be made scapegoats for his mess.”

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

WHAT THE Fuck is a Yekaterinburg?   4th largest city in Russia?  Really?

Surprising how few of the 10 Top Russian cities I've heard of. 

Rank City / Town Russian Federal subject Federal district Population Change
2021 estimate[1] 2010 Census[2]
1 Moscow Москва 23px-Flag_of_Moscow%2C_Russia.svg.png Moscow (federal city)[3] Central 12,655,050 11,503,501 +10.01%
2 Saint Petersburg Санкт-Петербург 23px-Flag_of_Saint_Petersburg.svg.png Saint Petersburg (federal city)[4] Northwest 5,384,342 4,879,566 +10.34%
3 Novosibirsk Новосибирск 23px-Flag_of_Novosibirsk_oblast.svg.png Novosibirsk Oblast Siberia 1,620,162 1,473,754 +9.93%
4 Yekaterinburg Екатеринбург 23px-Flag_of_Sverdlovsk_Oblast.svg.png Sverdlovsk Oblast Ural 1,495,066 1,349,772 +10.76%
5 Kazan Казань 23px-Flag_of_Tatarstan.svg.png Republic of Tatarstan Volga 1,257,341 1,143,535 +9.95%
6 Nizhny Novgorod Нижний Новгород 23px-Flag_of_Nizhny_Novgorod_Region.svg. Nizhny Novgorod Oblast Volga 1,244,254 1,250,619 −0.51%
7 Chelyabinsk Челябинск 23px-Flag_of_Chelyabinsk_Oblast.svg.png Chelyabinsk Oblast Ural 1,187,960 1,130,132 +5.12%
8 Samara Самара 23px-Flag_of_Samara_Oblast.svg.png Samara Oblast Volga 1,144,759 1,164,685 −1.71%
9 Omsk Омск 23px-Flag_of_Omsk_Oblast.svg.png Omsk Oblast Siberia 1,139,897 1,154,119 −1.23%
10 Rostov-on-Don Ростов-на-Дону 23px-Flag_of_Rostov_Oblast.svg.png Rostov Oblast South[5] 1,137,704 1,089,261 +4.45%

5 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

I hope he is sick, and I hope it hurts.

3 hours ago, 686 said:

I personally have no problem with gore, but this isn’t a gore thread, so the preferred method is to warn folks who don’t like seeing people killed or mutilated bodies.

Spoiler

• Like 1

Wow, bitching that other members of the Commonwealth of Independent States aren't sending their fair share of soldiers.  Trying to figure out how to lure poor people into the military.  Way to go state TV, there's no way you are making your audience feel confident in Putin's little shindig.

2 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

WHAT THE Fuck is a Yekaterinburg?   4th largest city in Russia?  Really?

Surprising how few of the 10 Top Russian cities I've heard of. 

144 million people will do that for you, when they are spread out over a big fucking geographical area.

If Putin were the genius that people tried to make him out to be, he would have been giving land away to poor Europeans (or other immigrants from outside of Europe) to come and live/farm/etc. in Russia, as well as plugging his money back into building up Russia.

areRXnX_700b.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

So about this Russian manpower pinch, the thing I wonder is how long they can keep stripping away garrison forces in OldTransMordvinia and East Chingatumamastan, while simultaneously getting their shit pushed in by those Hohol bumpkins who also used to be under Russia's protection, I say how long before there are a bunch of new secessions of new republics who aren't afraid of the mangy old bear, and whose local mafias want their money unsanctioned again?

Apparently, Putin enjoys getting his shit pushed in as much as NowThis. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

The dead are dead. "Rescuing" the dead is noble, but it does not help the mission. On the contrary, dragging out a dead (or even severely wounded) soldier puts the mission in jeopardy.

We (USA) lost a lot more lives in Vietnam by being Noble while the other side was fighting for their life and trying to kill as many as they could, using our beliefs against us, as we were against them.

The VC and NVA Regulars worked just as hard to recover their fallen as we did.  It is horrible for morale to think that the dead or wounded will be left to rot or be mutilated by the enemy.  Kipling wrote a verse about this: "And when you are lying on Afghanistan's plains, and the women come out, to cut up what remains, just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains, so you go to your God like a soldier."

A real warrior will always recover the dead and wounded.  Those who don't have no valor, honor, or loyalty.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 686 said:

I personally have no problem with gore, but this isn’t a gore thread, so the preferred method is to warn folks who don’t like seeing people killed or mutilated bodies.

Can you also add a warning any time Mr. Chad Fuck starts talking about Taco Bell?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

Yeah, no. Leaving your dead and wounded to rot on the battlefield destroys morale.

During the battle, or later when the next trip comes through? 

If you win and hold the land, sure...  But during the fight? That is counterproductive.

Don't think this has been posted yet, captured 26 y/o Russian contract describes how he entered the RU army, how brief his training was and that he had zero live-fire exercises with an AK-74 before he was trucked in over Belarus, past Chernobyl, and inserted into battle where his comrades FAFO.  During a civilian/resident raid north of Kyiv, his commanding officer pushed a UKR man off an 8th story window where he "learnt to fly,"

Shit gets real at 19:25 when he calls his mom with a few baited questions about the war and she spouts off straight RU propoganda.  Ukraine journalist is aside himself over the sheer mess of bullshit and generation gap.  

Two, maybe three full generations of Russia are completely fucked.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

The VC and NVA Regulars worked just as hard to recover their fallen as we did.  It is horrible for morale to think that the dead or wounded will be left to rot or be mutilated by the enemy.  Kipling wrote a verse about this: "And when you are lying on Afghanistan's plains, and the women come out, to cut up what remains, just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains, so you go to your God like a soldier."

A real warrior will always recover the dead and wounded.  Those who don't have no valor, honor, or loyalty.

I agree... But tactically, it isn't additive. It's not.  

The NVA and VC getting their dead out didn't cause as many deaths for them as it did for us... And having said that, then doing it doesn't nullify what I said about whether or not it's helpful.  

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

On the one hand, applaud Turkey backing Ukraine and keeping them supplied with drones, helped by Russians killing a bunch of Turks not long ago.

On the other hand, fuck them if they try to hold this up, given their past behaviors with Russia.

Finland and Sweden “home to many terrorist organizations”? What the fuck is this guy talking about.

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

On the one hand, applaud Turkey backing Ukraine and keeping them supplied with drones, helped by Russians killing a bunch of Turks not long ago.

On the other hand, fuck them if they try to hold this up, given their past behaviors with Russia.

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

Finland and Sweden “home to many terrorist organizations”? What the fuck is this guy talking about.

It’s all about that Gulan dude. Erdogan is terrified of him as a political rival. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Don't think this has been posted yet, captured 26 y/o Russian contract describes how he entered the RU army, how brief his training was and that he had zero live-fire exercises with an AK-74 before he was trucked in over Belarus, past Chernobyl, and inserted into battle where his comrades FAFO.  During a civilian/resident raid north of Kyiv, his commanding officer pushed a UKR man off an 8th story window where he "learnt to fly,"

Shit gets real at 19:25 when he calls his mom with a few baited questions about the war and she spouts off straight RU propoganda.  Ukraine journalist is aside himself over the sheer mess of bullshit and generation gap.  

Two, maybe three full generations of Russia are completely fucked.

The exasperation on their faces.  The defeated look, the slumped shoulders.  One has to assume there's a significant part of the Russian soldiers who are in a similar situation.  

At the same time, mom probably grew up with knowing anything negative that would be said would go straight to the FSB and she may have just paid the price for even speaking with her son.  Hard to know if she believes what she's saying, like a Russian Fox gargler, or it's a play to save her both of their skins from the internal police apparatus.