Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Trophy Russian radio station P149MA1 based on K1Sh1 somewhere in the Kharkiv region

The 155-mm M777 howitzer works

Units of the Land Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine continue to practice offensive skills.

The Armed Forces of Ukraine is already actively using equipment and weapons provided by partners. In the photo you can see the Polish tank T-72M1, as well as the Dutch YPR-765 - BMP based on the American armored personnel carrier M113

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

"Museum of Totalitarianism" love that name

The People’s Friendship Arch has an interesting history.  You can see in the photo above that it has a crack in it.  That is artificial and was put in place symbolically after 2014 and Russia’s first invasion. It’s entirely appropriate to rename it.

Here it is on a gray January day:

image.thumb.jpeg.6abd77c84236b6dc58779de876678bc5.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

128 separate mountain assault brigade captured the enemy BMP-3 with full ammunition, documents, personal belongings and weapons (grenade launchers, mines, flamethrowers). But one BMP destroyed during the fighting in eastern Ukraine.

^Flamethrower? 👀

Trophy GAZ-2330 "Tiger" and racists' BMP in the ditch.

Soldier of the Georgian Legion 🇺🇦 domestic electric bike ELEEK Atom in eastern Ukraine

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Probably beyond Ukraine’s capacity during the war, but it would be incredibly powerful messaging to give them all a dignified burial. Simple markers with names and dates where known. Keep a meticulous cross reference of DNA samples like hire with the burial plot.  Name the cemetery “Russian victims of Putinist Aggression Memorial Cemetery” and offer assistance to families that want to identify lost children. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

A #Russian tanker that survived the 2nd crossing near #Bilohorivka was asked why he kept going, didn't he see how many burned vehicles were already there? He replied: we were told that it was all #Ukrainian equipment and it was the #Ukrainianswho drew Vz and Zs on them. pic.twitter.com/rAOZdGzjC7

— Canadian Ukrainian Volunteer 🇺🇦🇨🇦✊🏻 (@CanadianUkrain1) May 14, 2022

This is why the disinformation war is such a major deal during all of this. In essence Russia has been rolling to the front a bunch of Cletus’s from circa 1950s Appalachian out there with no real way to get any accurate information. All they know is what the officers tell them and everything they see on the battlefield has to be viewed through a lens of disinformation.

This is also why they are most likely seeing chaos on the front line when these dudes start to realize they have been lied to and they are now fighting not for the glory of the country, but just to keep their kin alive and try to get back home.

That then is tied back to some of the brutality you see by the Russian forces because they are now filled with rage and some will inevitably turn that rage against the populace since they cannot channel it towards mother Russia and the officers core…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Looks like @BearSchlong’s badass kid will be coming back and the 101st will get to enjoy the magnificent Rzeszow airport neighborhood for a few months.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thousands-soldiers-deployed-europe-amid-200734721.html

4,200 soldiers with the 2nd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division, will replace the 3rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division.

4,200 soldiers with the 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, will replace the 1st Armored Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division.

500 members of the 101st Airborne Division Headquarters will replace the 82nd Airborne Division Headquarters.

The 1st Armored Division Combat Aviation Brigade will replace the 1st Air Cavalry Brigade as part of the Atlantic Resolve rotational force.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

That then is tied back to some of the brutality you see by the Russian forces because they are now filled with rage and some will inevitably turn that rage against the populace since they cannot channel it towards mother Russia and the officers core…

This is true, but it only enhances behavior the Russian orcs would be doing anyway. Units were brought in specifically because they have, and will continue to, commit the worst atrocities they can think of. 

Russia is a war crimes nation. Their history is riddled with rampant crimes against humanity. Crimes against humanity are a feature, not a bug. Their warfare is stuck on Mongol Horde mode, minus all the competence. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

21 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

How can you see what’s going and think “you know, now’s the time to join up with these chucklefucks. Their inspiring competence in leadership and action is exactly what we need.”

Georgia may just let them go and raise their national IQ average by 20 points.

It’s probably Georgia the US state that’s holding the referendum.

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

This is why the disinformation war is such a major deal during all of this. In essence Russia has been rolling to the front a bunch of Cletus’s from circa 1950s Appalachian out there with no real way to get any accurate information. All they know is what the officers tell them and everything they see on the battlefield has to be viewed through a lens of disinformation.

This is also why they are most likely seeing chaos on the front line when these dudes start to realize they have been lied to and they are now fighting not for the glory of the country, but just to keep their kin alive and try to get back home.

We are closing in on 550 verified Russian officers killed in Ukraine, and the numbers are probably much higher, since there are so many unidentified bodies (burned/destroyed) or abandoned in hastily dug graves.

While we know the Ukrainians are looking for officers to kill, and the Russian military model puts officers at higher risk because they are doing the duties of NCOs and junior officers, I’m wondering if there are more than a handful of officers being fragged by their own men.  

So many of these Russian units are scattered about and some of those officers maybe the only officers for miles around. It.  Somebody willing to casually rape and kill civilians would have no problem killing an officer who put their lives in danger.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

In terms of Turkey balking on NATO, clearly they are wanting to see Russia knocked down quite a few notches, and have been supplying a streaky stream of drones.

I know here is some bad blood, but I’m leaning towards them wanting some deals on weapons systems.

They’ve already come out today and signaled they want something done about PKK in Sweden and Finland. My bet is that Erdogan will end up settling for some public assurances of talks on the issue in exchange for admission now. I don’t think that military tech is their main issue. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-05-14-22/index.html

Swedish foreign minister to meet with Turkish counterpart about Ankara's reservations on NATO membershiP. From CNN’s Pierre Meilhan and Per Nyberg

Sweden's Foreign Minister Ann Linde said Saturday she now expects to have a bilateral meeting with her Turkish counterpart, Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, after Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on Friday he is not looking at Finland's and Sweden's moves to join NATO "positively," accusing both counties of housing Kurdish "terrorist organizations."

Çavuşoğlu has said Ankara's stance is clear: "Those countries should not support PKK/YPG terrorist groups," according to the Turkish state-run news agency Anadolu on Saturday.

The PKK, or Kurdistan Worker's Party, which seeks an independent state in Turkey, has been in an armed struggle with Turkey for decades and has been designated a terrorist organization by Turkey, the United States and the European Union.

Following Saturday's informal meeting of NATO foreign ministers in Berlin, Linde said in comments to Swedish broadcaster SVT that "we have a very good and constructive relationship." 

"We have met several times before, and we have never heard of any problems in case we were to apply for NATO membership. But now, there are new signals from the president. So I will try to get to the bottom of what this is about and if there are any misunderstandings," she said. 

Meanwhile, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said Saturday that he spoke with Linde, as well as Finland's President Sauli Niinistö and Finnish Foreign Affairs Minister Pekka Haavisto, ahead of Sunday's formal NATO ministerial meeting in Berlin. Stoltenberg said via Twitter that "Finland and Sweden are our closest partners, and we discussed developments regarding their possible applications for membership. NATO enlargement has been a historic success."

On 5/13/2022 at 2:33 PM, ABSR said:

Tell us you've never served without telling us you've never served.

Never served. Readily admit that. 

I've spoken with plenty of family and friends about combat. Some tell more than others. Did a research paper on Vietnam combat. I know a Tunnel Rat. I've interviewed people with disfigured faces. Interviewed a helicopter pilot. Everyone of them has said rescue of a brother (live or dead) was the most dangerous thing they did.  All of them.

I know the custom. I get it.

That doesn't make the math not be the math.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

Never served. Readily admit that. 

I've spoken with plenty of family and friends about combat. Some tell more than others. Did a research paper on Vietnam combat. I know a Tunnel Rat. I've interviewed people with disfigured faces. Interviewed a helicopter pilot. Everyone of them has said rescue of a brother (live or dead) was the most dangerous thing they did.  All of them.

I know the custom. I get it.

That doesn't make the math not be the math.

Well, your math sucks because you leave out one important variable. If it's SOP not to retrieve your  dead/wounded you won't have future fighters.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

1200 tanks is unfathomable. They only had roughly 2000 operational in the entire fucking military 

Additionally, because of their turret pop-design flaw, the vast majority of those tank crews are dead and difficult to replace. 

5 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

When is someone on the Russian side gonna get the courage to tell Putin that they need to stop or they literally won’t have an army in 4 months.

A tyrant can never depend on honest advice, because they wage a relentless war on truth. Anyone who tries to tell him would be risking his wrath.

If Putin is still alive in 4 months, he'll be sitting in a bunker moving imaginary divisions.

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2