Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

DShV and Land Forces artillery destroyed Katsap automated obstacle station R-330Zh “Zhitel”

The complex is designed for automated detection, direction finding and analysis of radio signals in the operating frequency range.

Russian Msta-S captured by Azov SSO fighters

‼️ The sixth package of EU sanctions against Moscow has been blocked again due to Hungary's position on the oil embargo, - said EU Commissioner Gentiloni.

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

thats actually not a good look at all.  you have roughly 1,300 defenders (incl the wounded exchanged earlier), surrender into what is most likely certain extreme torture at best or a gruesome death sentence at worst  and your leaders "get away"....

MacArthur took (rightfully) a shitload of grief over his and his families escape from Corregidor  (yes, I am aware Roosevelt "ordered' it). but he failed miserably in the leadership of the entire defense from Dec 41 until he abandoned 78,000 soldiers (US & Filipino)  of his command behind, of whom roughly 23,000 were Americans, of which only 15,000 returned to the US after the war

LT Gen Wainwright barely survived the captivity himself, when he was repatriated his uniform literally hung on his body

MacArthur should have fucking ignored the order, allowed his family to escape, and been captured.  it would have been a huge coup for Japan, but a commander doesnt leave his men behind to escape capture.

Take what the Russians say with a giant mountain of salt. They claimed 1000 people surrendered when it was really around 260. For all we know they could be saying that so they can have deniability on executing them.

• Hook 'Em 3

The AZOV Troop unit cleared the occupiers' positions and destroyed the enemy's BMP.

In the temporarily occupied Melitopol, guerrillas blew up an armored train of the Russian occupiers.

The Dutch armored personnel carriers YPR-765 are already actively operating units of the Armed Forces.

• Hook 'Em 3

The occupiers in Melitopol are destroying books on the history of Ukraine.

Russians confiscate history textbooks from libraries. They were declared banned literature, because these books, according to the occupiers, "promote the ideas of nationalism," - said in a statement the Defense Forces of Zaporozhye region.

Avdiivka, Donetsk region. It used to be a school № 1. But the Russian occupiers decided to destroy it using incendiary shells.

25th Separate Sicheslav Airborne Brigade decided to nightmare the occupiers 🔥

• Rage+1 1

If the number that came out of Azovstal is a big (i.e. 1,000 or so) it has to include not only lots of seriously wounded, but non combat personnel, civilians, etc. No way 1,000 troops would surrender.

I'm a bit puzzled because I would think Russia would claim a lower number, so that they would never have to account for them, or it be discovered for instance on a prisoner exchange.

5 hours ago, 686 said:

This is a complete spoiled brat move. Showing the “we hate Ukrainians more than we love Russians living in eastern Ukraine” ethos.

5 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Good. Let them waste their time doing that. I’ve seen steel mills taken down in WV and PA. It’s no mean feat. Takes a lot of time and manpower.

5 hours ago, Parliament said:

COUNTERPOINT

They'll half-ass the destruction project, like they've half-assed everything else.  Won't cost them much.

My first thought was a spoiled brat move as well - try and deny Ukraine any kind of "monument" after the war.

But it could very well be a part of their economic warfare - they are trying to destroy anything in Ukraine that involves manufacturing, transportation, warehousing, etc. since they've decided that if they can't have Ukraine, Ukraine shouldn't have an economy.  If Chornobyl/Chernobyl/whatever had been a fossil-fuel or renewable energy plant, they probably would have tried to destroy it on the way out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 686 said:

Good interview with a Georgian fighter in Ukraine, (the”You missed me, dickhead!”guy from several weeks back). Worth the read.

“For Georgians, this is our chance to beat this evil empire here, where we have a chance to do so,” he says. “It’s that, or dying next in Georgia.”

http:// https://newlinesmag.com/reportage/the-story-behind-the-viral-viking-soldier/

That guy's a goddamn warrior poet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Hydrogen sulfide is a chemical compound with the formula H2S. It is a colorless gas, and is poisonous, corrosive, and flammable, with trace amounts in ambient atmosphere having a characteristic foul odor of rotten eggs.

That green slime may be some other toxic soup, but it is not Hydrogen Sulfide.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

Take what the Russians say with a giant mountain of salt. They claimed 1000 people surrendered when it was really around 260. For all we know they could be saying that so they can have deniability on executing them.

Wouldn’t you want to say the opposite ?  If you’re going to kill 740 and survive 260, wouldn’t you Say 260 surrendered and here they are   , paying no mind to the 760 they murdered. 

thats actually not a good look at all.  you have roughly 1,300 defenders (incl the wounded exchanged earlier), surrender into what is most likely certain extreme torture at best or a gruesome death sentence at worst  and your leaders "get away"....
MacArthur took (rightfully) a shitload of grief over his and his families escape from Corregidor  (yes, I am aware Roosevelt "ordered' it). but he failed miserably in the leadership of the entire defense from Dec 41 until he abandoned 78,000 soldiers (US & Filipino)  of his command behind, of whom roughly 23,000 were Americans, of which only 15,000 returned to the US after the war
LT Gen Wainwright barely survived the captivity himself, when he was repatriated his uniform literally hung on his body
MacArthur should have fucking ignored the order, allowed his family to escape, and been captured.  it would have been a huge coup for Japan, but a commander doesnt leave his men behind to escape capture.

Yeah, at first blush, it’s not a morale booster for the troops that leadership might have slipped out. But, if the troops know any leadership elements are going straight to a GRU torture chamber for information extraction followed potentially by summary execution, I’d want my leadership gone before the GRU gets something out of them that’s gets a bunch of my brothers KIA.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Russian Colonel also looked more tired than the previous day. Late night with some GRU buddies? 

He was watching his grandkids play walk in high places and play with sharp things until he remembered how great everything the Russian military is at everything they do.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Sounds like SnacksArthur, right?

(No, Snacks would not abandon the living.)

7 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Company my son works for provides body armor, Counter IED gear, etc. Yes, streamlined procurement is alive and well. They have also taken orders from EU countries for delivery to the countries. Assumption is this is being sent forward as part of their aid packages. 

[MemoryLane]During my glorious year as a Materials Engineering major, in the late 80s, I wrote a paper about body armor throughout history and how, given modern materials, we'd soon see the resurgence of body armor beyond just a helmet and flak jacket.

The anonymous grad student grading it made some snitty remarks in the margins, and gave me a B. He mocked my vision.[/ML]

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think these photos are from 2020, but it's still very interesting that Belarus never got into the fight, at least not on the side of the Russians.  Lots of Belorussians claim that if Russia is thoroughly defeated in Ukraine, it maybe time for them to go full-on protest, as Russia may not be able to help Belarus out much.  Flip side, if (when) Russia is defeated in Ukraine, they may lose their shit at the thought of losing Belarus and have a special military operation there, and it'd be a lot easier with a friendly leader.

FTCDlgxWYAAmS1J?format=jpg&name=medium

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Drives me nuts to see the words "mines" and "mortars" interchanged during translations.

Russian mind is capable of fine distinctions that escape Yankee Imperialist brain, which is simple, like egg.

"Russian distinguishes between миномёт (minomjót, “lightweight, often portable artillery piece which transmits recoil to a base plate”) and морти́ра (mortíra, “heavy, large-bore cannon”); in English, both types of weapons are referred to as mortars."

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/миномёт

What gets me is where they call woodlines "shrubbery."

Ni.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

bagdad-bob.jpg

This is actually a good sign, good in the sense that Putin still feels threatened by any objectivity. If Putin was orchestrating a shift in his PR machine to explain that the special operation is tougher than expected then that would give him a couple of avenues forward. If he only holds onto minimal objectives (annex donbas, inflict economic pain) then tampering down expectations will make that minor "win" more palatable to the populace. Or if he insists on holding out for bigger gains, then that is only possible through a full mobilization which again is only possible if their general populace feels threatened by Ukraine.

Instead they are still playing up super high expectations. All for a war with vague strategic goals. Plus having one of his PR staff go off-script in the first place means there is a lack of oversight with the message. As this war stretches on without major successes then there is going to be more and more opportunities for that war message to drift off point. Or eventually tuned out or recognized as the bullshit that it is.

• Hook 'Em 1