So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

You have this very wrong.  Disparaging or favoring someone based solely on the color of their skin is racism.  Period.  And that’s what a lot of fans did toward the end of Charlie’s career at Texas. 
Prejudice, bias, and racism are all different things my man. Clearly you don't know the difference.

The last two threads I’ve clicked on were this one and the Houston Texans thread. The last 5 or so posts made by [mention=115]Johnny Sack[/mention] between the two threads have been race related. I don’t know much about him, but it appears as if he loves talking about race. 
Wat?

Maybe he is obsessed with Johnny Quest.

944d11b0deaf3005bb8a924df11b2324.gif0c8b9e92cdde85d69486f157976f518e.gif868dc302f4c7fd77d13a418a3171b6be.gif
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ramirezut said:
6 hours ago, Landomatic said:
You have this very wrong.  Disparaging or favoring someone based solely on the color of their skin is racism.  Period.  And that’s what a lot of fans did toward the end of Charlie’s career at Texas. 

Prejudice, bias, and racism are all different things my man. Clearly you don't know the difference.

It wasn’t racism, it was lossism or loseritis.

1 hour ago, ramirezut said:
7 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Clearly when prejudice and/or bias is based on one’s race, it’s racism.  My man.

15 hours ago, Landomatic said:

I remember a lot of stupid shit the Charlie apologists explained away for far too long into his career at Texas.  Buncha racists on TOS the last couple years.

Guilty as charged, and I'm a lot less mad at Charlie than I am at myself for being dumb enough to defend the fucker.

But I finally fucking learned. Should've learned it back when I was defending Mackovic. Should've learned it with Greg Davis and Mack. But finally with Strong. I don't root for the coach any more. I don't support the coach any more. You either win football games as the extremely highly paid job of the Longhorns' head football coach demands, or you walk. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

0 'fer the last 8.....fuuuucccckkkk!  Words fail to capture how utterly terrible he is as a HC.  He's gotta be a position coach at some Conference USA team next year right?  No one on any level would pay him a dollar to HC or even DC a team after face planting so hard as he has.

All hail Kansas.  Where would we be if CS hadn't found out a way to lose to the conference doormat with a salvageable season riding on the game.  

Fuck CS for making me feel some sense of relief for a loss that made us a national joke.  

On 8/31/2019 at 6:55 AM, closetojumping said:

Wait, the Chuckles apologists are giving up on sweet, sweet Charley already? Where the fuck is @MaybeACoordinator when you need him?

Yep, he got steamrolled by a Big Ten semi-power and it looks like 6-6 at best. 

However, that doesn't change the fact that he left behind much more talent in Austin than he inherited, and that is my main point here. Mack's long goodbye set up any coach for failure, just as Jimbo set up Taggert for failure, and Holgo left a dumpster fire behind in Morgantown just in time to steal Fertitta's mob, er, mad money. 

With decent talent, Charlie probably would have lost a game or two more than he should have. But hey, that's been Herman's track record so far, too. Maybe this year will be different and he won't beat OU, Iowa St., and LSU only to lose to some combo of Baylor and a down TCU, K-State, or Okie St. Or even, yes, Kansas, as he almost did last year. Shit, he squeaked by fucking Tulsa last year thanks mainly to their shitty kicker. 

Now, I will say that I am about 3/4 sold on the recruits he's brought in, but we don't really know shit about them until we see how they hold up on Saturday. Special teams look good. The defense looks better than I expected, but overpursuit and missed tackles are concerns. 

But again, Herman was able to add in good recruits to a sturdy talent base. Strong inherited decent talent on D for year one of his tenure, but after that it was all frosh and sophs and not even 1978 Tom Landry could have won with that crap Mack left behind. 

And for the last time, I am not lobbying for Strong to be inducted into some fucking pantheon -- I am contending that post 2009-Mack was even worse than Charlie. 

As we saw yesterday when he did his level best to choke away a win to the mongoloid protege he tried and failed to hand the reins of our program over to. 

• Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

However, that doesn't change the fact that he left behind much more talent in Austin than he inherited, and that is my main point here. Mack's long goodbye set up any coach for failure, just as Jimbo set up Taggert for failure, and Holgo left a dumpster fire behind in Morgantown just in time to steal Fertitta's mob, er, mad money. 

With decent talent, Charlie probably would have lost a game or two more than he should have. But hey, that's been Herman's track record so far, too. Maybe this year will be different and he won't beat OU, Iowa St., and LSU only to lose to some combo of Baylor and a down TCU, K-State, or Okie St. Or even, yes, Kansas, as he almost did last year. Shit, he squeaked by fucking Tulsa last year thanks mainly to their shitty kicker. 

Now, I will say that I am about 3/4 sold on the recruits he's brought in, but we don't really know shit about them until we see how they hold up on Saturday. Special teams look good. The defense looks better than I expected, but overpursuit and missed tackles are concerns. 

But again, Herman was able to add in good recruits to a sturdy talent base. Strong inherited decent talent on D for year one of his tenure, but after that it was all frosh and sophs and not even 1978 Tom Landry could have won with that crap Mack left behind. 

And for the last time, I am not lobbying for Strong to be inducted into some fucking pantheon -- I am contending that post 2009-Mack was even worse than Charlie. 

As we saw yesterday when he did his level best to choke away a win to the mongoloid protege he tried and failed to hand the reins of our program over to. 

And on you’re wrong as usual, but never in doubt. Strong left possibly the worst OL in P5 history and QB depth on par with a kiddie pool. 

The fucking audacity to doubt the recruiting and evaluation capabilities of the Herman regime after blindly and staunchly defending anything Strong did with personnel is fucking rich and terrific. Thank you for your consistent stupidity.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

No.  Post 2009 Mack wasn’t near as bad as that retard Charlie.  GTFO.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

And on you’re wrong as usual, but never in doubt. Strong left possibly the worst OL in P5 history and QB depth on par with a kiddie pool. 

The fucking audacity to doubt the recruiting and evaluation capabilities of the Herman regime after blindly and staunchly defending anything Strong did with personnel is fucking rich and terrific. Thank you for your consistent stupidity.

Seriously? You are going to contend that the OL and QB depth Mack left Charlie were better than what Charlie left Herman? That is willful ignorance. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

15 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Not even the mother fucking Imperial Japanese officers on Saipan could fall on their swords the way you do for fucking chuckles.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Only if you remove facts, reason, logic, winning percentage, bowl games and every other objective standard by which we measure success in a program ... No, even on raw, stupid emotion, your contention is pedantic, short-sighted and naive. On the other hand, your contention is also laughingly ludicrous.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Mack failed at acquiring and developing talent, period. Charlie was a success in acquiring talent. Whether or not he maximized it is open for debate. 

This is badly wrong.  You need to get your facts straight.

Post 2009 Mack recruited classes ranked: #2, #4, #2 and #17.  Avg of 6.25

Strong's classes were ranked: #17, #10 and #7.  Even at the end, Mack was still a better recruiter than Charlie ever dreamed of being.  The average of Mack's last 4 years was better than Strong's BEST class.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

This is pitiful. Just stop. 

12 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Meh, y'all think this more a defense of Charlie than it is an assault on the Evil Mack of 2009-onwards. If we'd hired Herman or his equivalent in 2014 and Ash and Espinosa had gone down like they did IRL, the program would have gone in the same tailspin that it did. 

So what's the excuse for the Dresden campaign Charlie is inflicting on the USF program now? Did he inherit another impossible situation from Taggart?

5 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

Only if you remove facts, reason, logic, winning percentage, bowl games and every other objective standard by which we measure success in a program ... No, even on raw, stupid emotion, your contention is pedantic, short-sighted and naive. On the other hand, your contention is also laughingly ludicrous.

Well if you ignore talented personnel as a factor in winning football games there's no reaching you. When you start turning out fewer draftable prospects than decent MAC programs, you are not going to contend for titles even in the diminished Big 12. Same went for McWilliams and Akers in the enfeebled SWC of the mid and late '80s.

I was in attendance -- my first game on the 40 -- when I-AA North Texas State beat us at home, save for one of the shadiest calls I've ever seen. Somehow my buddy and I were able to see that whichever Cash twin caught that pass was out of the end zone from the top row of the stadium but the officials couldn't.  Charlie never got breaks like that -- in fact, he got fucked out of a win vs Okie State, as I think we all agree on here.  

I'd argue that both evil Mack and McWilliams were worse coaches than Charlie because both of them left so little for their successors to work with. 

6 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

This is badly wrong.  You need to get your facts straight.

Post 2009 Mack recruited classes ranked: #2, #4, #2 and #17.  Avg of 6.25

Strong's classes were ranked: #17, #10 and #7.  Even at the end, Mack was still a better recruiter than Charlie ever dreamed of being.  The average of Mack's last 4 years was better than Strong's BEST class.

Oh can we please fuck off with recruiting rankings and look to results, like actual play on the NCAA level and draft picks?

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Fuck You 3

That's an architectural atrocity, yikes. The glue-on foam "stone" on the corners is really special.
AR-190709685.jpg&MaxW=1200&Q=66
I'm a fan of symmetry and all that, but having two garages on opposite ends of the house just screams anticipation of future marital issues that may result in the two living under the same roof for a while
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Well if you ignore talented personnel as a factor in winning football games there's no reaching you. When you start turning out fewer draftable prospects than decent MAC programs, you are not going to contend for titles even in the diminished Big 12. Same went for McWilliams and Akers in the enfeebled SWC of the mid and late '80s.

I was in attendance -- my first game on the 40 -- when I-AA North Texas State beat us at home, save for one of the shadiest calls I've ever seen. Somehow my buddy and I were able to see that whichever Cash twin caught that pass was out of the end zone from the top row of the stadium but the officials couldn't.  Charlie never got breaks like that -- in fact, he got fucked out of a win vs Okie State, as I think we all agree on here.  

I'd argue that both evil Mack and McWilliams were worse coaches than Charlie because both of them left so little for their successors to work with. 

Any idiot knows Mack, who achieved a lot with this program in his first 11 years, left depth chart problems. But any idiot also knows Charlie, who achieved jack shit with this program in 3 awful years,  left depth chart problems and couldn't coach worth a damn. To fanatically cling to the idea that Charlie was a better coach at Texas than Mack is simply silly.  

If the choice is between Mack in is prime, all his flaws included, vs. Charlie in his prime, that pathetic blank death stare in yet another clusterfuck blowout included, any idiot would take Mack.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

the two last holdouts in the charlie wars were cdt and sweet jones.  sweet jones = maybe a coordinator, and I have him on ignore.  I haven't found cdt yet - he thankfully may not post here anymore.  

I think he might have gone out like a spinal tap drummer and straight up exploded.  Nothing left by a globule.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Its obvious that logic, statistics, facts and common sense are all impotent weapons against you. So since you can’t have an honest discussion, the only real response to anything you post is: 

fuck you. Fuck you, you stupid fucking idiot. Go away. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Oh can we please fuck off with recruiting rankings and look to results, like actual play on the NCAA level and draft picks?

Fact: Mack Brown had ONE losing season at Texas.  Charlie Strong had nothing but losing seasons at Texas.

Edited by sushihorn
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

If we go by actual play, then Chuckles is the worst coach ever, hands down, and you should stop defending him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Y'all are trying to push me into getting a timeout again, lol. Last time I got one even though I zipped it after I got my warning.

Keep going. Watching you continue to defend Strong with a BUT MACK is incredibly entertaining. Punching bags are fun.

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Keep going. Watching you continue to defend Strong with a BUT MACK is incredibly entertaining. Punching bags are fun.

Nobody every has taken up my challenge of examining the NFL talent Mack left behind vs what Charlie left behind. It's still incomplete on that front.

Here's a thought -- if there is anyone who could have fucked up Ehlinger coming to Texas, it would have been Mack. Or are y'all gonna try to tell me that would have been outside the realm of possibility, given Mack's outright hatred of having more than one viable QB1 on the roster at any given time?

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

You would have a better argument if you would stop going this route. Herman just finished with double digit wins and a major bowl victory. That' something Strong never came close to sniffing at Texas. 

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

He was trying to win the Indy in the clapped out Kia Mack handed him the keys to. On a talent level, he upgraded the program to a ten-year-old Accord. 

You could have handed him the keys to a Ferrari, and he'd have lost a street race to Kansas' Yugo, because he couldn't figure out how to work the clutch.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Show your work

Myself and literally dozens of posters have been showing their work for years. It doesn’t matter because you’re a rock headed simpleton oblivious to any other opinion than your own. Hence my post. Fuck you. Why waste my time typing out facts and statistics when you’ll ignore them? Get back to me about all the talent charlie left while we literally are biting our fingernails waiting for his classes to graduate so we can get closer to putting players into the nfl and negate that recruiting talking point. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Nobody every has taken up my challenge of examining the NFL talent Mack left behind vs what Charlie left behind. It's still incomplete on that front.

Here's a thought -- if there is anyone who could have fucked up Ehlinger coming to Texas, it would have been Mack. Or are y'all gonna try to tell me that would have been outside the realm of possibility, given Mack's outright hatred of having more than one viable QB1 on the roster at any given time?

Every single person here wanted late-era Mack fired due to willful negligence and incompetence. But, uh, why are you defending Strong?

• Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Ya, MAC, just zip it. Charlie's gotten no better, and there's really no doubt about that. Arguing about whether Mack or Charlie left the deeper and smellier pile of shit is totally immaterial.

OK? Cool, Hook'em.

I agree. I allowed myself to get drawn back into this shit via call-outs on two threads.