So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

Strong acts and coaches like he’s been retired for several years and them some friend gives him a sideline pass to a game and informs him five minutes after he is there that he is now the head coach.

” Ok Charlie, start......now!”

Edited by El Squared
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Navy (5-1) quarterback Malcolm Perry scored from 67-yards out on a broken play with 3:56 remaining in the first quarter.

On the first play of the second quarter, Navy fullback James Crothers scored from 58 yards out on just his eighth career carry.

Then, four minutes later, slot back C.J. Williams found senior O.J. Davis wide open for a 23-yard touchdown to give Navy a 21-0 lead in the second quarter.

Defensive minded coach lol 

• 3 weeks later...

Be wowed by Potato's coaching genius from last night's game and his explanation for another game management disaster. This is a guy who couldn't remember the zip code to his own fucking house in a depo. An idiot who lucked his way into millions. I enjoy watching this fraud getting exposed every week:

With 2:06 left in the game and two timeouts left, the Bulls (4-5, 2-3 AAC) offense took the field to attempt to score to make it a one-possession game. After an incompletion on first down, redshirt freshman quarterback Jordan McCloud found tight end Mitchell Wilcox for a four-yard gain and was tackled in bounds. Head coach Charlie Strong didn’t call a timeout. On third down McCloud was sacked for the ninth and final time. Still no timeout.

When asked about not using the timeout Strong said, well, it doesn’t really make sense what Strong said. See for yourself.

We had it, we felt like that could, you know, get the ball out and then go ahead to move it. I mean, they didn’t, they [the timeouts] don’t have anything to do with them. I mean, you’re down 10, it’s just move the ball.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

We had it, we felt like that could, you know, get the ball out and then go ahead to move it. I mean, they didn’t, they [the timeouts] don’t have anything to do with them. I mean, you’re down 10, it’s just move the ball.

It is really a testament to all that is right/wrong with this country that Lennie from Of Mice and Men gets paid millions for his job.  

• Like 2

Strong is so bad. His coaching career is done, I don't even think he would make a good DC at this point...the game may have passed him by completely. I wonder if all of his fans and apologists at UT still love him though...probably. He can always come back and get a broadcasting gig with LHN

Edited by Juke_Em

35 minutes ago, Juke_Em said:

Strong is so bad. His coaching career is done, I don't even think he would make a good DC at this point...the game may have passed him by completely. I wonder if all of his fans and apologists at UT still love him though...probably. He can always come back and get a broadcasting gig with LHN

Ask MaybeaCoordinator. He still carries water for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Get the fuck outta here. Things may not be wonderful here right now, but there is no comparison to 4 years ago.

No doubt, but that's a very low bar.  I meant I used to be excited at the prospect of kicking the shit out of Chuckles.  Now, the thought of our current mediocre coaching beating up on our past terrible head coach doesn't seem like much in the way of redemption.  

2 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

It is really a testament to all that is right/wrong with this country that Lennie from Of Mice and Men gets paid millions for his job.  

I was about to reply how we never understood what he was talking about if you only read the transcripts and not see the video of a question and answer in its entirety. Then...

1 hour ago, Nope said:

Dude doesn’t even pretend to give a fuck...completely checked out.

No clue what the fuck he's trying to say here. Not sure he does, either. He's probably just trying to hurry the hell out of there. 

Charlie looking pretty rough these days...

Edited by BigHorn'13
  • Like 1

Fact: Anyone who even remotely thought Charlie was going to be a good hire is an idiot of big proportion. Why Charlie? What was so unique about him that appealed to anyone with a f-ing brain?

Fact: Anyone who even remotely thought Tom was going to take UT to the Final 4 is also an idiot of big proportion. What is his curb appeal? When I see posters claiming "Texas is back!" I just laugh at their blind ignorance.

• Fuck You 12

3 minutes ago, BradWilcox said:

Fact: Anyone who even remotely thought Charlie was going to be a good hire is an idiot of big proportion. Why Charlie? What was so unique about him that appealed to anyone with a f-ing brain?

Fact: Anyone who even remotely thought Tom was going to take UT to the Final 4 is also an idiot of big proportion. What is his curb appeal? When I see posters claiming "Texas is back!" I just laugh at their blind ignorance.

What coach would excite you and is GUARANTEED to get us to the playoffs?

8 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Shop around and look for one. I'm sure there are others more qualified and would probably take the job for less than what the previous losers were/are paid. The Kstate coach looks pretty darn good. The Baylor coach, the ISU coach, and the OU coach ALL look better than the bunch in Austin. I like the Penn State guy but for sure there are better than this last run of non-qualifiers.

• Fuck You 3

12 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

I know I'm going to get negs for saying things others don't want to hear or believe but I'm tired of the sugar coating and trying to find excuses for losing and/or not being competitive for the cc. What more has to happen? If other programs can make good hires for less money then why can't UT do better?

• Fuck You 2

39 minutes ago, BradWilcox said:

Shop around and look for one. I'm sure there are others more qualified and would probably take the job for less than what the previous losers were/are paid. The Kstate coach looks pretty darn good. The Baylor coach, the ISU coach, and the OU coach ALL look better than the bunch in Austin. I like the Penn State guy but for sure there are better than this last run of non-qualifiers.

You realize that K State fans were OUTRAGED when Kleiman was hired right?  He’s off to a good start but who knows how K State ends?  He has 6 D1 wins.  ISU and Baylor coaches are similar. Franklin isn’t leaving Penn State.  It’s easy to say “get somebody better”! But getting a realistic list with real experience is tough. Getting guaranteed winners is nearly impossible. Saban isn’t walking through that door. Strong was a bad hire. Herman on paper was the best hire available. Who knows if he will turn it around. LSU fans hated Orgeron. Until they didn’t. 

Edited by Irieguy
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Some of you act like there's another league with coaches that no one has heard of, and only a "real" coaching search would uncover these never before known coaches. We know everyone, and if your criteria is sustained head coaching success at a P5, then there's like two realistic candidates.

Thank you. It’s the equivalent of calling for the team to run “the touchdown play”. Just a simplistic view. Plus he doesn’t even know to post it on the Fire Tom Herman thread. 

• Like 2