So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

4 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

You mean to tell me that this guy did not realize that Chuckles might have been in over his head?  Shocked.  This is definitely the guy I would turn to if I needed to find a head coach at a major program.  

How big of a butt plug is this guy sitting on here?

spacer.png

Edited by pacman

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

I'm telling you how things are. Insist they are otherwise if you wish, but reality is what it is.

Football is the cash cow at UT. CDC isn't going to risk bringing in another coach that may or may not do better than Tom Herman unless he is absolutely forced to. Baseball seems to be in good hands. Basketball at UT has always been an afterthought. There is no way CDC is going to risk a Charlie Strong level hire to lead UT basketball in place of Shaka Smart. Especially before the new basketball arena is finished.

Try to convince yourself that radical change is going to imposed upon UT athletics prior to the next round of conference realignment, but it isn't going to happen. No way in Hell will it happen.

UT football just came off a 10 win season. Baseball seems to be in good hands. Basketball has never been a priority at UT.

Man, you can't say twice in one post that "baseball seems to be in good hands" when we just finished dead last in our conference and didn't even make the Big 12 tournament, much less the NCAA tournament, and have any credibility when talking about coaching.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

You mean to tell me that this guy did not realize that Chuckles might have been in over his head?  Shocked.  This is definitely the guy I would turn to if I needed to find a head coach at a major program.  

All these smart folks and we have a business school and such  and pay $250k + 6 % admin fees......for ?

There is no fiduciary responsibility so just spend/pay whatever. It’s pathetic and hypocritical, esp when I get calls at dinner time for college students on the 40 acres wanting money from me because school is so expensive. It’s because idiots like these are in charge of the University.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jinx said:

Man, you can't say twice in one post that "baseball seems to be in good hands" when we just finished dead last in our conference and didn't even make the Big 12 tournament, much less the NCAA tournament, and have any credibility when talking about coaching.

Speaking about credibility when talking about coaching, are you insinuating that there is even the slightest inclination of anyone to replace Pierce as head baseball coach? 

Nothing could be further from reality. There is ZERO discussion of replacing David Pierce. ZERO. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

30 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Speaking about credibility when talking about coaching, are you insinuating that there is even the slightest inclination of anyone to replace Pierce as head baseball coach? 

Nothing could be further from reality. There is ZERO discussion of replacing David Pierce. ZERO. 

Watch his team shit the bed as badly in 2020 as it did in 2019 and I can guarantee you there will be some rumblings about Pierce.

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Watch his team shit the bed as badly in 2020 as it did in 2019 and I can guarantee you there will be some rumblings about Pierce.

If he puts in another season in 2020 that looks at all like 2019, he’s gone. They’re not going to fuck around and let baseball atrophy. And yeah, RandolphDuke’s takes on baseball as he presses forward with the other silliness as well is simply further proof that this guy is crazier than a shithouse rat. 

44 minutes ago, C-Man said:

It isn't going to happen. Neither Del Conte nor Fenves has any concerns about UT baseball nor any thoughts about having to replace David Pierce as the head of the baseball program. After only four head coaches in over 100 years, they aren't going to fire the fifth head coach in the history of the program after four years.

It amazes me how otherwise intelligent and educated people lose all common sense and reasonable perspective over college athletics programs.

The big picture focus is on positioning UT athletics in the forefront of the next round of conference realignment. There is a lot of talk at the moment of a radical restructuring of college athletics that would have different sports from a given school in different conference for different sports to create more high interest match-ups in the various sports.  People have seen how quickly former powerhouses such as Nebraska and Free Shoe U have fallen. Fenves and Del Conte have no interest in replacing any head coach between now and 2023 unless there is a major scandal in one of the programs. Even if the programs offer lackluster results.

• Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

What a fucking choad.

I'll bet he has a Gordon Gecko autographed microphone.

3 hours ago, jinx said:

Yeah. Pierce may turn it around but last year was a disaster. We are not anywhere close to being confident that baseball is being well managed.

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

. Fenves and Del Conte have no interest in replacing any head coach between now and 2023 unless there is a major scandal in one of the programs. Even if the programs offer lackluster results.

I hope not !

If not mistaken,  Herman and Shaka's contract end in '23 and Pierce's contract in '22.       As we know,  the problem (recruiting) is to let a coach enter into the final year of his contract without an extension.      So if a team is not performing to standards,  we hope a change will be made.

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I realize in advance that responding to you is a complete waste of my fucking time because at this point, you're borderline mentally deficient. Which makes me a fucking idiot for wasting my time arguing with a mentally handicapped person, much less one who is even less skilled at presenting an argument than your average, run-of-the-mill waterheaded idiot. That being said, we all have weaknesses and apparently calling you a cross-eyed dipshit is an itch I occasionally must scratch. Lets start with a few things:

1.) No, numbnuts, that's a fucking opinion. It's literally the definition of an opinion, unless you want to point us towards one of your many dossiers of PDF documents citing where he made that statement to a newspaper or some other published periodical. At best it's hearsay and/or speculation. And even if he told you that personally, in a conversation (one of the many you claim to have had with this man), that doesn't make it a FACT. 

2.) Which brings me to another point your fucking dense skull can't seem to wrap it's head around: Other posters on this thread, of which I am one, have also had conversations with CDC. And the thing is, he's telling the exact fucking opposite to literally everyone else except you. When I've talked to him, he talks about winning championships, he talks about him being the steward of the passions of Longhorns, and it's his responsibility to see us win. So he's either lying to everyone else while telling you the truth, lying to YOU while consistently telling everyone else the exact same message, or the answer that is almost certainly correct: He's not telling you shit and you're making stupid fucking shit up because you can't help yourself because you've got a personality disorder and you actually believe the lies you tell. 

3.) I'd be remiss if I didn't also spend a moment analyzing your fucking wildly stupid notion that the only thing that matters in conference realignment, or even that an IMPORTANT factor in conference realignment is stability. No, it's dollars. It's dollar bills, dipshit. And do you know what brings dollar bills? Brand appeal, number of alumni/fans, television footprint, athletic department wealth, living alumni, a whole fucking host of things. And those things existed and will continue to exist whether our coach is Charlie Strong or Tom Herman. Under your premise, Mack Brown would still be the head coach at Texas. And by your premise, if Nick Saban retired tomorrow, Alabama would be completely fucked because their stability is gone. Wrong, these things are measured by factors orders of magnitude above how a program is doing currently. Of course, hilariously, your stupid model would also fall pray to the idea that CDC could keep herman and his staff for "stability," they completely shit the bed and melt down as a program, and OH NOES Texas has no stability right before realignment!! For a guy who makes cold deliberate decisions, like you claim your good buddy CDC does, that seems like an awfully huge risk to his success and legacy as opposed to taking a hand in matters personally. 

I don't think you understand.  when we fire Shaka after this year and Herman in 2021 we will be forced to pick from the Big East/AAC or MWC/SunBelt joint ventures...this is our concern dude

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Baseball is in good hands? You sure about that? Results would indicate otherwise. BTW as of right now I'm looking at last year as an anomaly for Texas football under Herman as this year seems to be the product he normally rolls out. Last year seemed not to be the norm. 

Overall, Herman sucked last year too. We just choose to focus on how it ended. We lost, and went down to the wire, to some shitty teams last year.

Edited by Casual Encounter
  • Like 1

This hate, Guys, is gonna burn you up.  Strong is a bad coach.  He may be brain damaged.  You have plenty of reasons to point fingers and be angry.  But you know what?  It's not your fault and you can't blame yourselves.  Strong left 2 years ago and you have a new coach.  Let it go and move on.  I say this with love.

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

This hate, Guys, is gonna burn you up.  Strong is a bad coach.  He may be brain damaged.  You have plenty of reasons to point fingers and be angry.  But you know what?  It's not your fault and you can't blame yourselves.  Strong left 2 years ago and you have a new coach.  Let it go and move on.  I say this with love.

You are a fan of the most fortunate string of coaching hires in the history of sports. You don’t get to chime in to this discussion. Know when to fuck off and keep to yourself. If Ohio State had 5 bad hires in a row leading to 4 decades of futility, it wouldn’t be enough to make up for the string of good fortune you were born into. The biggest complaints you fucks have is that you had to endure the boredom of Luke Fickell for a year and that John Cooper and his winning percentage over .750 couldn’t beat Michigan. Get the fuck out of this thread, dipshit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lesson? What lesson is that? To attend meetings? I've got a buddy who is in the 'Bama machine, and he says Sark is literally drunk by 5 pm, every day. That's a hard fucking No, he is not even remotely head coach material. 

19 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don't think Leach is approaching Sark levels, and a buddy once told us that Tech used to send a handler with Leach out on recruiting trips and speaking engagements after he ended up passed out in his car on the side of the road and covered in his own vomit at one point, for what its worth. 

I've heard some great Lane Kiffin Bama/Tennessee stories, too 

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

Can you imagine?  You just look at Seth Littrell and it’s all about not skipping leg day.

ESPN took waaay too long to get Mack to a decent tailor, a dentist, and a hair stylist. Charlie can start with powdering his shiny dome and be ahead of the curve on that.

19 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Speaking about credibility when talking about coaching, are you insinuating that there is even the slightest inclination of anyone to replace Pierce as head baseball coach? Nothing could be further from reality. There is ZERO discussion of replacing David Pierce. ZERO. 

Surly-Posters-Expert.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, markstanco said:
4 hours ago, Fud said:
I've heard some great Lane Kiffin Bama/Tennessee stories, too 

Well, let's hear it. Apparently this thread isnt only about CS any longer.

Mostly had trouble keeping his dick in his pants. Maybe our resident Alabama insiders can confirm or squash some of these rumors, but some that I remember:

- Wasn't allowed to leave campus without his babysitter/handler, Chris Mortensen's son

- Banged an assistant's daughter. I think it was Lance Thompson's

- Regularly banged a certain ESPN reporter whenever she was in town for one of his games

- Bragged about banging 100s of Tuscaloosa women (not a big deal, but worth mentioning I guess)

- Had an issue with getting sloppy drunk at alumni events amongst other places, and then hitting on their wifes/girlfriends/daughters. Supposedly got in deep shit for banging a booster's wife; it's been awhile, but I think it was at that boosters house when he was throwing a party

- Would bang the co-ed player hostesses 

CPr5vDpUAAAB9rj.jpg

• Like 4