So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

1 minute ago, veritas aequitas said:

At this point everyone should just admit he is a shitty head coach.

Oh he was shitty coach here at Texas. I just found it hilarious that so many on here had to preface being critical of with him of how great of a guy he is (I mean do they even know this to be true?) and how much they rooted for him to win (shouldn't you root for any Texas coach to win since that means Texas wins?). We all know why they did it but still, funny. Just come out and say he sucks. No one is going to think anything about it.

Hes a fucking awful coach. 

There isnt a single coach in NCAA history who has made more money off of one player (Bridgewater) than chuck strong.

i told this goddamn board after the first ND game that strong wouldnt coach again at the hc level... well i was wrong about usf being so fucking moronic about hiring him

hes an absolute idiot and makes herman look like nick saban

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Honestly I'm stunned. Not about Charlie getting fired but USF choosing to pay him money to go away. Everyone kept saying that they wouldn't spend that kind of cash on a coach to gtfo but I guess something changed 

Maybe they heard Tom Herman would be available.   They also did not pay a lot of his front end salary if I recall correctly. 

51 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

i have 1 african friend and charlie strong is a terrible football coach

Very racist.

Unless, of course, your friend actually is a native of Africa, then I'm the racist for being skeptical of an African immigrant's desire to live in Oklahoma.  Shit's so nuanced these days!

• Like 1