So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

so let me understand the math.

Strong got paid by Texas for 2014-16, and 2017-2018 (2 years pay no work)

was paid by USF for 2017,-2019 and 2020/2021. (2 years pay, no work)

So he get paid for not coaching 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021 , ie 4 years of salary for nothing.  Wow! That's about $15-16 mil total right???

Edited by NowThis

4 hours ago, Marfa Low Crown said:

When managing employees I often found that the people who were the worst at their jobs thought they were good at it 

this is no bullshit.  when i was managing employees and had to do evaluations, the absolute worst employees (despite being terrible, were still being given passing grade evaluations)  were the ones who melted down during the evaluation conversation and started screaming for the HR  rep (who, was IN THE FUCKING ROOM) that they were being unfairly evaluated

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

this is no bullshit.  when i was managing employees and had to do evaluations, the absolute worst employees (despite being terrible, were still being given passing grade evaluations)  were the ones who melted down during the evaluation conversation and started screaming for the HR  rep (who, was IN THE FUCKING ROOM) that they were being unfairly evaluated

Dunning-kruger effect

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, NowThis said:

So he get paid for not coaching 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021 , ie 4 years of salary for nothing.  Wow! That's about $15-16 mil total right???

Not bad for a guy that can't remember his zip code or the names of his key players.

1 hour ago, MAUFRAIS said:

The crowd next year is going to be a support group.

No shit.  If your hand sign is two horns up and you feel like you keep falling into shitty Co-dependent relationships that cost you emotionally as well as financially; we are meeting in the basement.  Bring cash for hookers and blow.  

2 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Taking out the paycheck games and the teams that were hopeless, I bet Charlie Strong is the worst $$ for win coach since Charlie Weis.

He made well over 20 mil, didn't he?  Did he win 20 games against teams with a pulse?

And we all say he's stupid.  Makes you think.

if my math is correct, he made $40 million over 8 seasons 2014 - 2021, with 2020 & 2021 paid with no work, so 6 seasons and how many quality wins for $40 mil?

Hes a fucking awful coach. 

There isnt a single coach in NCAA history who has made more money off of one player (Bridgewater) than chuck strong.

i told this goddamn board after the first ND game that strong wouldnt coach again at the hc level... well i was wrong about usf being so fucking moronic about hiring him

hes an absolute idiot and makes herman look like nick saban
ahem

3e58c2b6553278701fab1b6081be7a6f.jpg7cb3f08cb7fcb0bf2a3ed93ee08fd153.jpg9b85e64291c9bd51f6a34d44f80014f1.jpg73af737bab7468d6e0113f2529833dab.jpg

No shit.  If your hand sign is two horns up and you feel like you keep falling into shitty Co-dependent relationships that cost you emotionally as well as financially; we are meeting in the basement.  Bring cash for hookers and blow.  

you are inviting the USF idoits?

that whole school is retard city.

charlie going there raised the cumulative i.q. on campus by 10,000 points.

University of South Florida is in CENTRAL FLORIDA. It is 250 miles from USF to South Florida. morons

5 hours ago, NowThis said:

His contract was back loaded at USF, Texas paid all but 100k of his salary in 17 & 18 but he didn’t get double paid.  This was the first year USF paid the majority of his salary and he was paid 5 million.  In his final two years, Strong’s published salary numbers were 2.7 and 2.8 million although it been rumored that those numbers are lower than what he is actually being paid (which is somehow a secret due to a weird Florida law).  So if we assume on the low end that’s its 3 million he would be getting paid 6 million for doing nothing in 2020 & 21.

Strong still pulled in ~25 million from Texas and ~11 million from USF for a total of 36 million for 6 years of work, which boils down to $6 million/year (assuming he doesn’t take another coaching job).

9 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

In the end, Chollie is the winner. He set up his family for life and conned 2 schools into thinking he had the brain power needed to be a head coach. 

Even worse, realizing the opportunities in front of Strong were established upon a 2008 Tebow-UF MNC against OUsux who never should have been there in the first place. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NowThis said:

uh. Charlie Strong was fired by Texas 11/26/16 and hired by USF on 12/11/16

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Uh, I'm pretty sure that not doing your job but then paying for lunch for your coworkers every once in a while or bringing in breakfast sometimes is classic "mailing it in" behavior. You know you're not actually working so you supply food every so often to stay on everybody's good side. It's a solid strategy. I've seen people make it work in an office environment, but I'm kind of impressed that someone made it work for $40M.

Yeah, how that's "proof" of not mailing it in is beyond me.

lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

His contract was back loaded at USF, Texas paid all but 100k of his salary in 17 & 18 but he didn’t get double paid. 

pretty sure thats incorrect.  with him being fired, I was almost positive his contract had some wording that 1, he had to keep trying to get hired as a HC.  and 2.  if he took another HC job Texas would still pay his contracted $5mil  minus HALF his salary at the new school. 

i.e.  If he was making $2.5M at USF, Texas paid him $3.75M, and USF paid him $2.5M.  It encouraged him to get a new job and still saved Texas money.  Also, I am pretty sure it had wording that wouldnt have allowed him to sign for only $200k his first 2 years with a school while having a massive $2.5M+ backend deal.

17 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

pretty sure thats incorrect.  with him being fired, I was almost positive his contract had some wording that 1, he had to keep trying to get hired as a HC.  and 2.  if he took another HC job Texas would still pay his contracted $5mil  minus HALF his salary at the new school. 

i.e.  If he was making $2.5M at USF, Texas paid him $3.75M, and USF paid him $2.5M.  It encouraged him to get a new job and still saved Texas money.  Also, I am pretty sure it had wording that wouldnt have allowed him to sign for only $200k his first 2 years with a school while having a massive $2.5M+ backend deal.

Lots of "pretty sure" going on in your post. And you'd be wrong. 

Strong's base salary paid him 1 million a year while he was still finishing out his contract at Texas, and Texas paid the rest. And shockingly, yes, his total 9.8 million contract (of which there is speculation it was even larger and paid for by the USF booster club, an amount which hasn't been released) was back-loaded. After the Texas money ran out, his base from USF jumped from 1 million to 2.5 million immediately, with other incremental raises thereafter. 

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2018/10/03/usa-today-charlie-strongs-contract-among-nations-best-bargains/