So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

52 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I know this is going to sound revolutionary, but I have a related idea. Let people who feel like wasting time and clicks on bad threads do so. Let people who want it have an option to "ignore thread" or "mark all future entries read" and just don't read or complain.

The issue is bigger than that.  Allowing this discussion to continue, with some of our Top Men knifing each other in the spine, is unhealthy.  I don't think we've ever had a topic so divisive nor seen this level of vitriol between fellow horns.

oh well, carry on.

::popcorn::

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

The issue is bigger than that.  Allowing this discussion to continue, with some of our Top Men knifing each other in the spine, is unhealthy.  I don't think we've ever had a topic so divisive nor seen this level of vitriol between fellow horns.

When I started the "Fuck you, Mack Brown!" thread on shaggy at the end of the 2010 Iowa State game, I took a lot of negs, and got called out by a lot of posters before the thread got moved to Douchebag Central.

I was right, of course. I just saw what was happening and said so before all the 3rd chair clarinet posters could comprehend it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

When I started the "Fuck you, Mack Brown!" thread on shaggy at the end of the 2010 Iowa State game, I took a lot of negs, and got called out by a lot of posters before the thread got moved to Douchebag Central.

I was right, of course. I just saw what was happening and said so before all the 3rd chair clarinet posters could comprehend it.

okay, great.  and that was 9 years ago.  and even if everyone on this thread is "right", the players read this board, and they need to get their heads screwed on right for this roady or the fucking hillbillies will flame our ass.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I'm putting in a service ticket to imma/bob(s) to enable downvoting of a thread, with thread closure by crowdsourced consensus, with this thread as the use case.

This is fucking stupid, and on top of it, it is a potential form of censorship. Which, to my understanding, is sort of against the very core identity of this website. 

Why stop there, can those of us sane people downvote the entirety of cloak room out of existence? 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is fucking stupid, and on top of it, it is a potential form of censorship. Which, to my understanding, is sort of against the very core identity of this website. 

Why stop there, can those of us sane people downvote the entirety of cloak room out of existence? 

I don't go in the cloakroom.

Can't avoid football.

And your facetiousness detector is on the fritz.

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I don't go in the cloakroom.

Can't avoid football.

And your facetiousness detector is on the fritz.

It couldn't have been that off base when you followed up with posts talking about Top Men and some weird notion of board unity or rowing the boat in the same direction.

I strongly doubt either of those posters gives one shit about pounding away at the other one, and neither should you or anyone else. 

Personally, I love this thread, and I hope it never fucking dies. If nothing else, like many other facets of this board, it's yet another telling fount of information that helps me form my own thoughts and opinions on various posters. 

DataGif.gif?format=1500w

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

spacer.png

20 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

There’s a lot of vitriol for Mack here, and he won a national championship and almost another one.

Its called cognitive dissonance.  Its why some people against all logic try to convince others that Charlie Strong was anything other than a disaster at Texas.  They have to justify in their mind that nobody could be worse than the hated Mack Brown.

18 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

My grandfather played for Ed Price (which is the only reason I know this) but while he had a bad end to his short tenure, he still managed a pair of conference titles, finished in the top 10 twice and won a Cotton Bowl over Tennessee; so in no way was he worse than Strong.

I’m guessing you meant Jack Chevigny, but even he had a better records than Strong.

And he beat Notre Dame and died at Iwo Jima.  He's a Texas legend regardless of his coaching record.  Charlie Strong only did 1 of 2.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Um, NO one tried to sabotage the program like that fucking clown Brown did.   He owns that title.  End of story.

Move on.

Never heard any of the stories of DKR's friends telling players not to come to Texas?  DKR didn't do it directly but did nothing to stop it.

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Whatever happened to Thatguy? Fucking dunce.

He thought Charlie was doing as good a job at South Florida as Herman was doing at Texas. Get your shinebox, fucktard.

Wait . . . you were a total bitch boy on the Fire Charlie thread.  You don't get to come in here and talk shit.  The North remembers.   

indeed. very whale cuntish on hc's part.

I don't have anything else to say on this to THujone and it doesn't look like he's got anything else to offer either, so you guys discussing it are addressing something almost 24 hours old. That said, if more shit comes to light and we're arguing further, I don't give one fuck what this board wants, as is the standard.

13 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Wait . . . you were a total bitch boy on the Fire Charlie thread.  You don't get to come in here and talk shit.  The North remembers.   

Let's not re-write history, Chief. In year 2, I was adamant that Charlie would not be fired before he finished 3 years, for lots of reasons. The negativity was tiring as fuck for a guy who wasn't getting fired. I never said I wanted him to stay. He wasn't fired until he was given 3 years. That's all I was ever saying.

It was as agonizing for me as anyone else.

Kaiser Bob sucked, too. 77-98 over his 6 years "leading" Texas Hoops.

Shit-show

too?

that IS Kaiser Bob at least according to google. I quit going to mens basketball games after deloss fucked over Abe and so never went to one of kaiser bob's abortions so I never saw that worthless piece of shit in person.

fuck both* of em.

*KB & DLD

7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Let's not re-write history, Chief. In year 2, I was adamant that Charlie would not be fired before he finished 3 years, for lots of reasons. The negativity was tiring as fuck for a guy who wasn't getting fired. I never said I wanted him to stay. He wasn't fired until he was given 3 years. That's all I was ever saying.

It was as agonizing for me as anyone else.

Uh, no.  

Quote Originally Posted by HornDrunk View Post
Keep Chuck another year and Texas won't have a winning season until 2017.
Quote Originally Posted by Tex Pete View Post
Shut the fuck up. Seriously.

That was your third post on the thread.  You owe HornDrunk a beer because he was 100% correct.  

What is the point of firing someone who didn't create the bulk of the problem he's trying to fix? It took years of laziness to get us to where we are. You can't replace the crappy recruiting classes, that should be leading our team right now, overnight.

You clearly wanted him to stay and were making excuses for him.  Own it.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Uh, no.  

That was your third post on the thread.  You owe HornDrunk a beer because he was 100% correct.  

What is the point of firing someone who didn't create the bulk of the problem he's trying to fix? It took years of laziness to get us to where we are. You can't replace the crappy recruiting classes, that should be leading our team right now, overnight.

You got the search function on the old site to work? Teach me your magic.

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

Uh, no.  

Well again, year 2. He wasn’t getting fired then, no matter what. I can assure you, I was ready for him to be fired in year 3. 

4 hours ago, Saint Tacky said:

At least Charlie never had so many players quit that he had to pull a cheerleader off the sidelines to suit up. The good news was that you could go to a basketball game and literally sit anywhere you wanted to. Those were the days.

You could do homework at the basketball games, since it was a quiet place. 

• Haha 1