So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

On 9/29/2019 at 7:20 PM, horn_of_the_morning said:

As if more proof was needed. Some on here are defending the indefensible.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2019/9/29/20889968/espn-analysts-discuss-charlie-strong-and-usf-football-during-smu-blowout-aac-sonny-dykes-buechele

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wow...very damning

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don't have anything else to say on this to THujone and it doesn't look like he's got anything else to offer either, so you guys discussing it are addressing something almost 24 hours old. That said, if more shit comes to light and we're arguing further, I don't give one fuck what this board wants, as is the standard.

Can he draw deflated dicks? Cuz that’s what just happened to me after reading your post.

Regardless of that, do you think we could discuss McWilliams? I don’t think I hate him, but he “ruined” 3 years of my life too. I also have the distinction of saying “he’s worthless and needs to be fired” while his son was standing right behind me at lunch. I felt bad and apparently so should you.

6 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Going through that old thread for laughs, I completely forgot this happened at the end of the Notre Dame game:

spacer.png

This actually happened at the University of Texas.  LOL @ that goober look on his face. 

Charlie went 16-21 and got carried off the field TWICE, lol

Holy fuck that was embarrassing 

2 hours ago, Girdwood said:

Its more than embarrassing. It was manufactured. It happened once at Louisville, spontaneously or not I don’t know. What I do know is it happened several times at Texas, and when it did it was at the prompt of Moorer or others because they knew it made great images and spread the “everyone loves charlie” narrative. Once specifically we were told it was after a game in the Locker-room and Moorer said “get back in there have them lift you up man.” Bullshit. 

Ive been watching Texas football for 2 years, and I’ve seen a coach carried off on his shoulders....honestly I can’t think of another one? Maybe Mack at some point? But I know it happened JUST LIKE THAT to Charlie like 3 times, after happening to him just like that at Louisville. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ive been watching Texas football for 2 years, and I’ve seen a coach carried off on his shoulders....honestly I can’t think of another one? Maybe Mack at some point? But I know it happened JUST LIKE THAT to Charlie like 3 times, after happening to him just like that at Louisville. 

You’ve only been watching Texas football since 2017?  We’ve got a lot to fill you in on.  For one thing, the players put Mack on their shoulders at Nebraska in 1998.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

and to CTJ and THujone, you are both Top Men to the majority here, and the majority here think of both of you as equals, so too bad so sad we're not going to have a schism over this topic.

love you both.

get a room.

Have you ever considered that their fighting might actually be your fault? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPYYftt5VhCnW5MRH0ZpG 

• Like 3

I almost feel bad for USF.  Almost.

Still I can empathize.  Does this sound familiar anyone?  

It’s Time For USF Football to Cut Bait With Charlie Strong

I was wrong.

It’s time for USF Athletics to part ways with head football coach Charlie Strong. I bought all the way into the culture change that Charlie and others hocked during the off-season. I was the first person to defend Strong at nearly every turn during the preseason. I thought the housecleaning Strong did, as well as the new coaches he brought in, would spark something with this team.

I was wrong.

As recently as last week, I told anyone willing to listen that the game versus South Carolina State was a sign of good things to come. The defense played well, redshirt freshman quarterback Jordan McCloud gave the team the spark it needed after a gut punch against Georgia Tech the week prior, and at least for a day, the football team had hope.

I was wrong.

I truly thought getting rid of offensive coordinator Sterlin Gilbert, Gilbert’s best friend Matt Mattox, player-fighter Blue Adams, and Damon Cogdell — who was brought in to secure Miami in recruiting — would cure most, if not all the ills that plagued the program. But those issues have gone much deeper into the roots than I even anticipated. Call it naive, but it really seemed like the program was finally getting turned back around in the right direction for Strong.

I was wrong.

The Bulls have lost nine straight games to FBS opponents by a combined score of 357-152. Six of those losses have been by at least 18 points. The Bulls have only been within a touchdown during the fourth quarter in two of those nine games. At some point, you are who you are.

“It comes down to execution,” Strong said after last night’s embarrassing 48-21 loss to SMU at home. “We’ll get it corrected because we’re better than that.”

You were better than that in 2017, when you had the greatest player in program history calling the shots, literally and figuratively.

This is who you are now: A team that cannot compete against even middle of the pack American Athletic Conference opponents. A team that needed a miraculous rally to beat Tulsa last year, and then needed to recover an onside kick versus UConn to seal a win the next week. This is who you are now.

There’s no point in waiting to see if USF loses to UConn this Saturday. The damage has been done. We’ve seen enough. Even if the Bulls beat the Huskies, you’re delaying the inevitable. You’d be 2-3 heading into a home game versus BYU, followed by road games at Navy and ECU before the November gauntlet of Temple, Cincinnati, Memphis, and UCF.

This team doesn’t look like one that can rattle off seven straight wins. Especially not when both scholarship quarterbacks are now injured to varying degrees. The Bulls are staring down a very real 2-10 or 3-9 season.

No one in their right mind could look back to the 7-0 start last year and think this team was unbeatable. The weaknesses were there, and they finally got exploited by far superior teams and coaches. In 2019, those weaknesses are still there, and many of them are even worse. It’s time to move on.

USF will have to come up with somewhere between $4.5 - 5.2 million to buy out the rest of Strong’s fully guaranteed contract, thanks to former athletic director Mark Harlan’s secret second contract with Strong through the USF Foundation. (That’s a scandal unto itself, but no one is still here to be held accountable for it.) It’s going to be very painful, but as a wise man in Gainesville once said in a similar situation, “What should be done eventually must be done immediately.”

What’s the difference between pulling the trigger early, or waiting two months when the entire team has checked out, the fan base has deserted you, and you’re competing with the rest of the college football landscape for a new coach?

It’s time to say goodbye to the #BullStrong era at USF. Now.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2019/9/29/20889353/usf-football-fire-charlie-strong-michael-kelly-losing-money-buyout-aac-smu-kerwin-bell-ucf-uconn-byu

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

too?

that IS Kaiser Bob at least according to google. I quit going to mens basketball games after deloss fucked over Abe and so never went to one of kaiser bob's abortions so I never saw that worthless piece of shit in person.

fuck both* of em.

*KB & DLD

Had beers with him (well I drank, cant say for sure if he was drinking or not)at a party a few weeks ago;  you would be happy to know, he knows we all hate him.  He said as much and added that Deloss was/is a worthless pos.  CSB.

11 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

You could do homework at the basketball games, since it was a quiet place. 

True.  The loudest noise was always the squeak that Karl  Willock's shoes would make when he would pull up just past midcourt to set the offense.  I swear I saw him pull up on a three-on-one fast-break because Kaiser Bob was screaming at him to '"set up! set up!"

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2019/9/29/20889353/usf-football-fire-charlie-strong-michael-kelly-losing-money-buyout-aac-smu-kerwin-bell-ucf-uconn-byu

USF will have to come up with somewhere between $4.5 - 5.2 million to buy out the rest of Strong’s fully guaranteed contract, thanks to former athletic director Mark Harlan’s secret second contract with Strong through the USF Foundation. (That’s a scandal unto itself, but no one is still here to be held accountable for it.)

What’s the story about this ‘second contract’ business. Haven’t heard about this.

I know it was backloaded to the hilt to stiff Texas.

4 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

A lot of noise about "culture change" with no results to speak of.

A string of embarrassing double-digit blowouts.

Reshuffling assistants and jettisoning malcontents.

An "execution" sound byte from a press conference following a humiliating defeat.

A fanbase finally broken four games into year three (Year 3, Game 4 at Texas was the OSU 3 blocked extra points game) 

I dunno, man. Other than that, not really seeing it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I started when I was 18, but late era Mack Brown and Charlie Strong have aged me like Walter Donovan in The Last Crusade.

The odometer just turned 40 for me and my first game ever to attend as a student was Route 66. If your first year was Mack's first year, consider yourself lucky. 

4 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

There is absolutely no reason to feel bad for USF. Their smug fan base thought they were smarter than we are. The blackloaded contract was an insult to injury after one of the worst 3 years for the program. Moral: petty people do petty things. 

Very racist

• Like 5

21 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I had significant concerns after that game. 3-38 in the next game confirmed it for me.

I had significant concerns when I saw who he hired as assistant coaches.  With a Texas budget, that was who he hired?

I knew he was worthless two games in when this defensive genius had players looking like Manny Diaz was still coaching.  Greg Robinson only took about 6 quarters to fix that.  Charlie undid what Greg fixed overnight.

19 hours ago, justhookit said:

Can he draw deflated dicks? Cuz that’s what just happened to me after reading your post.

Regardless of that, do you think we could discuss McWilliams? I don’t think I hate him, but he “ruined” 3 years of my life too. I also have the distinction of saying “he’s worthless and needs to be fired” while his son was standing right behind me at lunch. I felt bad and apparently so should you.

Charlie Strong was over his head even more than McWilliams.

On 9/29/2019 at 1:38 PM, Thujone said:

Aside from recruiting, where almost nobody was criticizing Charlie, do you see me arguing that he did a good job? No. He did a shitty job as a coach. Yet I point out that the animosity seems disproportionate to his tenure here, and you and your toadies stalk out from the alleyway behind the Dollar Store like somebody stole your meth spoon. A pack of toothless hornets. It's so funny to me watching you guys spin off the planet when anyone suggests that Charlie doesn't deserve the level of vitriol that you and your ilk dish. 

He wasted three years of your life? Really? I suppose if everything important in your life is reliant upon what college kids do over a season of playing *a game,* then I suppose you've got a gripe. I would have hoped you had more going on in your actual life than CFB, but maybe you don't. Maybe it's about bringing mom her meds and dad his next sixer of Schlitz while he dissolves into oblivion in the recliner. Maybe CFB is that much of an escape for you. You wonder how you were the only one of your 12 siblings that ended up having to take care of ma and pa while the others did something with their lives. Hell, Jimmy's a doctor. Nancy's a CEO. You? You talk smart on website. 

I mean, UT football is important for a lot of reasons. I have great weeks when we win, and sometimes shitty weeks when we lose. I'm no less connected to it than any other fan. But you. You, @closetojumping. Apparently it's your whole life. And Charlie wasted three whole years of it. Boo hoo. I'm really sorry for you. No, seriously. What do you do the other 9 months of the year? Apparently nothing, because Charlie stole three whole years from your precious self. 

You're worried about subtle condescension? You shouldn't be. You should be concerned about direct, non-subtle condescension as I'm dishing right now. I'm condescending to you because you are, and always have been, a paper expert. A keyboard professional. A bully. A know-it-all. A guy whose ability to distinguish the basic nuances of football gets the mouth-breathers warming your prick with their worshipful panting. I guess that's one way to go. But please, don't mistake my words for subtle condescension, when they are intended to be an announcement; a shout-from-row-50-of-the-west-side-of-DRK proclamation of the roll you've made for yourself. Congrats. You're a self-righteous, pontificatorious bullshitting pied piper for cunts.

Are you denigrating Schlitz? How dare you, sir. How dare you.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 5:25 PM, closetojumping said:

Beyond all of that, I'm not a bully. I know it feels like that to you because every time you attempt a take on football or recruiting that deviates from a dick drawing, I call out that weak, uninformed shit of a take you've posted. That's not bullying, that's just your pride, fucking with you. I get it, you didn't play, you don't do much when watching it but follow the ball, and you drive-by the recruiting board once a month, so really, it's not your fault. That said, don't take offense when it's thrown in your face as you feign knowledge beyond the novice. 

You are absolutely a bully. Come on. Jesus. It's your defining trait.

16 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Its more than embarrassing. It was manufactured. It happened once at Louisville, spontaneously or not I don’t know. What I do know is it happened several times at Texas, and when it did it was at the prompt of Moorer or others because they knew it made great images and spread the “everyone loves charlie” narrative. Once specifically we were told it was after a game in the Locker-room and Moorer said “get back in there have them lift you up man.” Bullshit. 

15 hours ago, South Austin said:

You’ve only been watching Texas football since 2017?  We’ve got a lot to fill you in on.  For one thing, the players put Mack on their shoulders at Nebraska in 1998.

15 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

20 goddamnit. Fuck. 

Damn, thanks for the clarification SC, I thought I had teleported into bizzaro world.

You could do homework at the basketball games, since it was a quiet place. 
homework at the basketball games?

before Abe got here some people used to study at Gregory during basketball games.

sitting in the upper part on the north side of gregory during a game I and a friend were asked by an idoit sitting one row in front of us to please be quiet he was trying to study. of course we immediately cranked up the volume.

20 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

homework at the basketball games?

before Abe got here some people used to study at Gregory during basketball games.

sitting in the upper part on the north side of gregory during a game I and a friend were asked by an idoit sitting one row in front of us to please be quiet he was trying to study. of course we immediately cranked up the volume.

You should’ve showed him a bunch of Polaroids of aggy corps members.

• Like 1

Going through that old thread for laughs, I completely forgot this happened at the end of the Notre Dame game:
fzDp7bX.gif
This actually happened at the University of Texas.  LOL @ that goober look on his face. 
Charlie went 16-21 and got carried off the field TWICE, lol

Twice? amatuer.

doing that used to not be embarrassing

its like when ranked teams rush the court/field after beating an underdog...

didn't used to be like that

I know of a coach that did not have to "manufacture" that.

fuck Mack Brown he's as much an amature at that as Chuckles.

20 goddamnit. Fuck. 

muledick

Did you hear about this guy named Vince?

Did y'all hear about this guy named Darrell?

11365e80d9ec4063b12eee8fcd616cef.jpgceeb918920baef7f570522eb2cc2b89c.jpgb03221451250e6fbfae418e04b33ad67.jpg367aaa699c660f2338a801805433f4e7.jpg113ceb5df2dac3b9a37b424769bd6fb3.jpg004141e4821e03831d69c69b3d8ace8b.jpgb45eaa38219950a9441316919ac530ef.jpg

Hook em
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, MrPhlegm said:
1 hour ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:
You should’ve showed him a bunch of Polaroids of aggy corps members.

was before polaroids

No, there was the predecessor, which was Polagroids...they were done by regards with crayons.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1