horn_of_the_morning

So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

58 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Uh, I'm pretty sure that not doing your job but then paying for lunch for your coworkers every once in a while or bringing in breakfast sometimes is classic "mailing it in" behavior. You know you're not actually working so you supply food every so often to stay on everybody's good side. It's a solid strategy. I've seen people make it work in an office environment, but I'm kind of impressed that someone made it work for $40M.

17 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He's totally the guy who brings in donuts  raw  potatoes when he plans to leave at noon on Friday.

Fixed for historical accuracy.

Edited by El Squared

15 hours ago, NowThis said:

so let me understand the math.

Strong got paid by Texas for 2014-16, and 2017-2018 (2 years pay no work)

was paid by USF for 2017,-2019 and 2020/2021. (2 years pay, no work)

So he get paid for not coaching 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021 , ie 4 years of salary for nothing.  Wow! That's about $15-16 mil total right???

uh. Charlie Strong was fired by Texas 11/26/16 and hired by USF on 12/11/16

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Hopefully this thread can die in a fire it is time to move on.

Your pompous suggestion is weighed against the fact he was just fired.  

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Uh, I'm pretty sure that not doing your job but then paying for lunch for your coworkers every once in a while or bringing in breakfast sometimes is classic "mailing it in" behavior. You know you're not actually working so you supply food every so often to stay on everybody's good side. It's a solid strategy. I've seen people make it work in an office environment, but I'm kind of impressed that someone made it work for $40M.

Yeah, how that's "proof" of not mailing it in is beyond me.

lol

9 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

His contract was back loaded at USF, Texas paid all but 100k of his salary in 17 & 18 but he didn’t get double paid. 

pretty sure thats incorrect.  with him being fired, I was almost positive his contract had some wording that 1, he had to keep trying to get hired as a HC.  and 2.  if he took another HC job Texas would still pay his contracted $5mil  minus HALF his salary at the new school. 

i.e.  If he was making $2.5M at USF, Texas paid him $3.75M, and USF paid him $2.5M.  It encouraged him to get a new job and still saved Texas money.  Also, I am pretty sure it had wording that wouldnt have allowed him to sign for only $200k his first 2 years with a school while having a massive $2.5M+ backend deal.

17 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

pretty sure thats incorrect.  with him being fired, I was almost positive his contract had some wording that 1, he had to keep trying to get hired as a HC.  and 2.  if he took another HC job Texas would still pay his contracted $5mil  minus HALF his salary at the new school. 

i.e.  If he was making $2.5M at USF, Texas paid him $3.75M, and USF paid him $2.5M.  It encouraged him to get a new job and still saved Texas money.  Also, I am pretty sure it had wording that wouldnt have allowed him to sign for only $200k his first 2 years with a school while having a massive $2.5M+ backend deal.

Lots of "pretty sure" going on in your post. And you'd be wrong. 

Strong's base salary paid him 1 million a year while he was still finishing out his contract at Texas, and Texas paid the rest. And shockingly, yes, his total 9.8 million contract (of which there is speculation it was even larger and paid for by the USF booster club, an amount which hasn't been released) was back-loaded. After the Texas money ran out, his base from USF jumped from 1 million to 2.5 million immediately, with other incremental raises thereafter. 

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2018/10/03/usa-today-charlie-strongs-contract-among-nations-best-bargains/

7 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Next stop, Walmart bakery.... unless HEB or Randall’s offer first.

He'd last less than a day. Man can't bake a cake for his life.

6 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

He'd last less than a day. Man can't bake a cake for his life.

He’d get fired his first day. 

Boss: Strong why aren’t you baking any cakes?

Charlie: *blank stare* The cake is already baked..... *points at packaged cupcakes and muffins on the shelves

Boss: You’re fired. We’ll send you you “buyout” check in the mail.

Edited by Longboard Horn

1 minute ago, Longboard Horn said:

He’d get fired his first day. 

Boss: Strong why aren’t you baking any cakes?

Charlie: *blank stare* The cake is already baked..... *points at packaged cupcakes and muffins hotdogs on the shelves

FIFY

39 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Sucks we can't see the regard fight for next year. Regards have this uncanny strength, and I wanted to see which one could flex more. 

350x500_matt-dillon-theres-something-about-mary.jpg

39 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I used to live on the route of a mail carrier who looked like Charlie Strong, so this hits close to home.

Did he routinely misdeliver mail addressed to the incorrect zip code?

Just now, Lidig8r said:

Did he routinely misdeliver mail addressed to the incorrect zip code?

No, but for some strange reason, he kept leaving us potato-flour cakes.

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

No, but for some strange reason, he kept leaving us potato-flour cakes.

Were they properly baked?

On 12/2/2019 at 1:37 AM, ausjala said:

Nope, though I think Red actually believed Charlie would make a good DC.

Dayum....Red's still alive.    Thought he had cashed in around the time Jamail did.

Sucks we can't see the regard fight for next year. Regards have this uncanny strength, and I wanted to see which one could flex more. 

What if they sex nuts and try to jam your dick in their mouths?

1 minute ago, Jkwellborn said:

What if they sex nuts and try to jam your dick in their mouths?

That wasn't an image I was hoping to have before heading out. 

5 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

What if they sex nuts...

Interesting. I heard about sexing chickens, but never nuts. Please elaborate.

29 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Charlie Strong: South Florida will reportedly pay Charlie Strong $3 million as part of his termination.

Getting $3 million to go away. Wish someone would give me $3 million to leave my job.

46 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Charlie Strong: South Florida will reportedly pay Charlie Strong $3 million as part of his termination.

Jokes on Charlie. He gave them the wrong zip code to mail the check to. Returned to sender.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Didn't them fellas in the USF boosters org sell ol' Charlie a house this year? Seems like it was $3+megabux for a place that was on the market for a looooonnnnggggg spell and latest asking price was around $2megabux. Seems like there was a deal for some of Charlie's "future" earnings being part of the sale... got a feeling Charlie might be upside down on the fine mansion there...

16 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Didn't them fellas in the USF boosters org sell ol' Charlie a house this year? Seems like it was $3+megabux for a place that was on the market for a looooonnnnggggg spell and latest asking price was around $2megabux. Seems like there was a deal for some of Charlie's "future" earnings being part of the sale... got a feeling Charlie might be upside down on the fine mansion there...

He'll be listing it on the Jacksonville Zillow site any day now.

Edited by Spawn of Cthulhu

He was such a swell guy, I was pulling for him. 

I was really really rooting for him to succeed.

*wipes sweat from forehead*

*loosens collar*

Did I mention how much of a good guy he was he was?

12 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Didn't them fellas in the USF boosters org sell ol' Charlie a house this year?

I hope it had mold in the ceiling and a body buried in the crawl space