So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

5 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Deshon Elliott hardly saw the field under Strong. One year under Herman he’s a Thorpe finalist. Holton Hill, Malik Jefferson, LJH, Collin Johnson, Brandon Jones all significantly improved from Strong to Herman. Herman’s just flat out a better coach. 

Malik Jefferson was about to be benched by Charlie at  one point.

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

How many wins do we have if Shane is the QB? Look at the schedule. This isn't rocket science.

WHAT IS YOUR POINT? Probably less wins but QB is a part of the team and it’s up to the coaches to develop them and put them in position to succeed. Herman has done that. You’re proving my point

6 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Deshon Elliott hardly saw the field under Strong. One year under Herman he’s a Thorpe finalist. Holton Hill, Malik Jefferson, LJH, Collin Johnson, Brandon Jones all significantly improved from Strong to Herman. Herman’s just flat out a better coach. 

and yet we are/were still giving up 30 points per game same as we were Charlie's last year. This difference is the offense is better because we have a better QB.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Uh.. wat? Deshon played plenty as a Sophomore. He would have played more if he was good enough to get a walk on off the field. 

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

WHAT IS YOUR POINT? Probably less wins but QB is a part of the team and it’s up to the coaches to develop them and put them in position to succeed. Herman has done that. You’re proving my point

How am I proving your point? Sam Ehlinger, a Charlie recruit, came in and was immediately better than Shane last year. That was the difference. He is a year older this year. But he had the IT factor as soon as he stepped on the field, just made  few True Freshman mistakes. If it was all about development then Shane would be better as well, and we all saw during the Baylor game that just isn't the case is it? If Shane were still the QB we would have 5 wins.

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Welcome back to the board, P.

Ahhh, that's right. The looney tune Charlie apologist. It's fun to watch him perform all these mental gymnastics, defending 3 losing seasons, and the worst head coaching record in the entire history of the University.

14 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

And this is the most accurate post on this board. People forget that Charlie walked into Miami NW High School and convinced Teddy Bridgewater, a 5 star QB, to forego all the powerhouse programs and go play for Louisville. Charlie recruited well at Louisville and they won. He recruited well at Florida and S Carolina. Give him a solid QB and he has shown he can win. He never had that here. Sure, it was his fault he missed on his recruits. That said he left. I hope he does well wherever he is, as well as Mack at UNC.

TB was a rated a 4* by every single recruiting service.  As a FL native he committed to Miami, but backed out because their head coach got canned that season. 

USF's recruiting rank from 2015 to 2019 are:  66, 66, 76, 64, 65

Charlie doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Keep on keeping on with your fake news tho

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Please. We started the season losing to Maryland......at home.....again. We couldn't stop OSU. We couldn't stop WVU. We struggled down the stretch of seemingly every game we played. And don't get me started about the coaching in the title game that we backdoored into. This year was only a slight improvement over last year's 7-6. Even though we had a big upgrade in QB play over Shane. If you are happy with it then fine, but not me.

You and Charlie together aren’t cracking three digits in collective IQ

• Like 2

Just now, Phoenix said:

Ahhh, that's right. The looney tune Charlie apologist. It's fun to watch him perform all these mental gymnastics, defending 3 losing seasons, and the worst head coaching record in the entire history of the University.

Not defending anything, I am just saying we are a better QB away from being in that exact same place. I wouldn't say a word if we were 11-2 and Charlie just went 7-6 amd 9-4. However, Charlie went 10-2 and 7-5 only after losing his starting QB. I just think we need to pay attention to what we are doing.

• Fuck You 4

Strong went 6–7, 5-7, and 5-7 in his three years at Texas. The records of both his predecessor and successor are better than his. I'm not sure where you are getting 10-2 from. It seems you are now pulling statistics out of your ass. He had better talent to work with than almost every team he played against, and still couldn't manage to get one winning season in three years.

Edited by Phoenix
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Not defending anything

Virtually every statement you have made on this thread is a defense of Charlie Strong. The only thing you haven't done is blatantly state that "Charlie Strong is as good a coach as Tom Herman" or "Charlie Strong shouldn't have been fired" because you know that would open the floodgates and lead to you being crowdsourced within the day.

24 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

And this is the most accurate post on this board. People forget that Charlie walked into Miami NW High School and convinced Teddy Bridgewater, a 5 star QB, to forego all the powerhouse programs and go play for Louisville. Charlie recruited well at Louisville and they won. He recruited well at Florida and S Carolina. Give him a solid QB and he has shown he can win. He never had that here. Sure, it was his fault he missed on his recruits. That said he left. I hope he does well wherever he is, as well as Mack at UNC.

I thought this was aggy or sooner, but slowly becoming convinced he's actually cdt. 

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Not defending anything, I am just saying we are a better QB away from being in that exact same place. I wouldn't say a word if we were 11-2 and Charlie just went 7-6 amd 9-4. However, Charlie went 10-2 and 7-5 only after losing his starting QB. I just think we need to pay attention to what we are doing.

So you think Sam is the difference between Sugar Bowl and losing to a 2 win Kansas team. Ok cool story bro. You ignore the fact our defense was historically bad that season and special teams was abysmal but whatever

6 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

TB was a rated a 4* by every single recruiting service.  As a FL native he committed to Miami, but backed out because their head coach got canned that season. 

USF's recruiting rank from 2015 to 2019 are:  66, 66, 76, 64, 65

Charlie doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Keep on keeping on with your fake news tho

Bridgewater was recruited by Florida, LSU, Georgia, Miami, Bama and Auburn. Just about everyone wanted him. Charlie got him. Ask any Florida alum and they will tell you Charlie was a great recruiter there too. Sure he may be struggling gaining momentum on recruits at USF, but IT IS Usf after all.

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Virtually every statement you have made on this thread is a defense of Charlie Strong. The only thing you haven't done is blatantly state that "Charlie Strong is as good a coach as Tom Herman" or "Charlie Strong shouldn't have been fired" because you know that would open the floodgates and lead to you being crowdsourced within the day.

I don't care what you think or about crowdsourcing. It's a message board and I am entitled to my opinion. The fact of the matter is that this board was salivating at the thought of Charlie losing and angry about him walking right into another head coaching job. So many of you guys were saying how he was gonna lose last year. People were in full on "Charlie Watch". The board had USF game threads on it where people were actively rooting against him.

My point is, USF went 17-3 over the first 3/4's of the last two years until their starting QB got hurt. We should probably just tip the cap, quit hating, and move the fuck on. We are like some angry EX-Girlfriends hoping our EX fails and checking his instagram pics to see who his new girlfriend is. It is Aggy as hell and embarrassing. So if people like that are going to crowdsource me then so be it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 13

26 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I don't care what you think or about crowdsourcing. It's a message board and I am entitled to my opinion. The fact of the matter is that this board was salivating at the thought of Charlie losing and angry about him walking right into another head coaching job. So many of you guys were saying how he was gonna lose last year. People were in full on "Charlie Watch". The board had USF game threads on it where people were actively rooting against him.

My point is, USF went 17-3 over the first 3/4's of the last two years until their starting QB got hurt. We should probably just tip the cap, quit hating, and move the fuck on. We are like some angry EX-Girlfriends hoping our EX fails and checking his instagram pics to see who his new girlfriend is. It is Aggy as hell and embarrassing. So if people like that are going to crowdsource me then so be it.

What is your letter grade for Charlie Strong’s job performance as the head coach of the University of Texas?

39 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

At first I thought you were Charlie or Brian Jean Mary, but your grammar is passable.  Is that you Mrs. Blue?

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Lol. You guys and making dumb ass threads. We just lost 4 ball games while completely healthy, 

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Also: we were completely healthy? Could have fooled me.

Yeah... just because our OL wasn't a MASH unit this year doesn't mean the whole team was completely healthy.

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

5 losses is 5 losses. Don't try to make it more than it is. If you feel great that we have 4 losses but are going to play in the Sugar then that's on you. At the end of the day it's a 4 or 5 loss season . No Texas fan should feel warm and fuzzy about how this season went.

Oh please.

I'll be the first one on the "fire Tom Herman" train when it leaves the station, and remain skeptical that he'll do any better than Mackovic did, but if you can't see that we've done better than expected and as well as we've done in a decade and find *some* joy in that, you're just... not very much fun to be around.

Please. We started the season losing to Maryland......at home.....again. We couldn't stop OSU. We couldn't stop WVU. We struggled down the stretch of seemingly every game we played. And don't get me started about the coaching in the title game that we backdoored into. This year was only a slight improvement over last year's 7-6. Even though we had a big upgrade in QB play over Shane. If you are happy with it then fine, but not me.

You can be happy about something without being satisfied with it.

Take the downvotes, pussy.

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

How am I proving your point? Sam Ehlinger, a Charlie recruit, came in and was immediately better than Shane last year. That was the difference. He is a year older this year. But he had the IT factor as soon as he stepped on the field, just made  few True Freshman mistakes. If it was all about development then Shane would be better as well, and we all saw during the Baylor game that just isn't the case is it? If Shane were still the QB we would have 5 wins.

You know how I know you don't pay attention to Longhorn Football?

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Don't worry I have him on ignore.

But nice job, NCIS. Do y'all have a bulletin board going somewhere with criss-crossing red string and push pins?

Seriously. ztejas doesn't need *any* alts to shit all over the boards with his idiocy...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Charlie’s starting QB missed two games this season - Cincinnati and UCF. Charlie’s starting QB started and played in 3 of the 5 losses.

here’s a list of who Charlie lost to, and margin of defeat:

Houston (21)

Tulane (26)

*Cincinnati (12)

Temple (10)

*UCF (28)

All five losses by double digits.  Three losses by 20+ points.  Claiming that Charlie lost games “only after losing his starting QB” is loud wrong, and any USF fan would laugh at that total whiff of a  take.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

This thread has reached peak off-season, even though we're about to go to the biggest bowl game we've seen in a decade.

Just right.  I could hardly care less about Charlie Strong right now.

He's the past and we've moved on.  Why dwell on it when the future looks bright?

That's not how it happened.

Bridgewater was committed to Randy Shannon at Miami, but Randy Shannon got fired at the end of the season. Charlie Strong already had a relationship with him and his family and swooped in and poached him.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Charlie’s starting QB missed two games this season - Cincinnati and UCF. Charlie’s starting QB started and played in 3 of the 5 losses.

Houston (21)

Tulane (26)

*Cincinnati (12)

Temple (10)

*UCF (28)

All five losses by double digits.  Three losses by 20+ points.  Claiming that Charlie lost games “only after losing his starting QB” is loud wrong, and any USF fan would laugh at that total whiff of a  take.

Charlie’s MO still hasn’t changed I guess. When you lose, man you lose big. 

If Charlie makes it to 1/1/2019, Directional Florida has its buyout rise pretty dramatically, no?

I was in their position, I'd fire that bonehead today and save a couple million.

Oh, and the local dumbasses that keep complaining about this thread? Fuck off. Ain't nobody forcing you to even read it, much less respond to it.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Does Thatguy not realize that Charlie recruited Shane? He acts like Shane was an out of wedlock baby that was dumped on his front porch.

I'm just glad I don't have to see this face anymore as I watch us get 3 straight extra points blocked.

charlie-strong-texas.jpg

I like taking a delay of game penalty at the end of the first half against Okie Lite when we were about to kick a field goal.  When there was less than 30 seconds left.  And our kicker was good inside of 40 and terrible outside of 40.  And it moved it from 38 to 43 yards.  When we had 3 timeouts.  

Or the waterhead frantically trying to call a timeout near the end of the OU game to save time for the offense when he thought we had recovered a fumble.  Dipshit. The clock stops on change of possession. 

Or refs having to tell him he should decline a penalty. 

Or kicking off both halves.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

I like taking a delay of game penalty at the end of the first half against Okie Lite when we were about to kick a field goal.  When there was less than 30 seconds left.  And our kicker was good inside of 40 and terrible outside of 40.  And it moved it from 38 to 43 yards.  When we had 3 timeouts.  

Or the waterhead frantically trying to call a timeout near the end of the OU game to save time for the offense when he thought we had recovered a fumble.  Dipshit. The clock stops on change of possession. 

Or refs having to tell him he should decline a penalty. 

Or kicking off both halves.  

Neurosurgeon friend of daughter said Charlie looked like he's got brain-damage issues. Pretty sure they were already using helmets when he was playing, but maybe ... targeting?

2 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Houston (21)

Tulane (26)

*Cincinnati (12)

Temple (10)

*UCF (28)

What part don't you get. He hurt his shoulder vs Tulane which is why he didn't play the next game. They were 7-1 when he went out. He came back two games later for 82 yards. Obviously he still wasn't right, so they pulled him again. Funny how they were 7-1 when the QB got hurt which clearly shows they were doing well, and you still don't want to acknowledge that maybe that was why they took such a sharp turn.

John Burt
Kris Boyd
Tre Watson
PJ Locke
Jerrod Heard
Davante Davis
Gary Johnson
Breckyn Hager
Anthony Wheeler
Andrew Beck
Elijah Rodriguez
Patrick Vahe
Charles Omenihu
Chris Nelson

Those are all the guys we are losing next year. We are a QB shoulder injury away from having something like that happen to us. Everyone is talking big shit when we could very well take a step back next year. Then how dumb would we look talking shit about Charlie if we go 7-6, 9-5, 7-6, and Charlie goes 10-2, 8-5, and 10-2 over the three years since he left? Sometimes you have to have a little foresight.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Then how dumb would we look talking shit about Charlie if we go 7-6, 9-5, 7-6, and Charlie goes 10-2, 8-5, and 10-2 over the three years since he left? Sometimes you have to have a little foresight.

You don’t have to wait until next year, you look dumb right now.

You don’t even have basic facts straight. And you’re defending the dumbest, losingest coach in Texas football history. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1