we're going the sugar bowl

blacklab

I think our chances to win against UGA are pretty minimal but I'd obviously take the Sugar Bowl over the Alamo Bowl for all kinds of reasons. I do think our guys will be a lot more motivated to play UGA in a major bowl than to play Utah in the Alamo Bowl. Iron sharpens iron - getting our guys, particularly the younger ones, experience against an opponent of that quality in what will be a pretty lively atmosphere is definitely a good thing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I think our chances to win against UGA are pretty minimal but I'd obviously take the Sugar Bowl over the Alamo Bowl for all kinds of reasons. I do think our guys will be a lot more motivated to play UGA in a major bowl than to play Utah in the Alamo Bowl. Iron sharpens iron - getting our guys, particularly the younger ones, experience against an opponent of that quality in what will be a pretty lively atmosphere is definitely a good thing.

Worst case is playing Wazzu in the Alamo.  They would give us hell.

6 minutes ago, Cajun said:

UGA will let us know exactly how far we've come or not come.

Smart will expose a lot of offensive weaknesses that need to be attended to moving forward.

So, we've got that going for us...

You could catch a pretty demoralized Georgia team.  Just had their hearts ripped out, lost their shot at a national championship.

It doesn't matter how this shakes out.  There will be a lot of fans, teams, and conferences really pissed. Hopefully it finally burns this bullshit system to the ground.

What exactly is this bullshit system you’re referring to? Do you forget the years before the playoff when all we had was the BCS?

1 minute ago, Guadaloopy said:

Look at aggy already starting the narrative to devalue our pending NY6 win over an SECSECSEC team.  Like clockwork.  

Check your insecurity.  I'm just being realistic.

I've been watching college football for 40+ years and I've seen it happen more times than I can recall.

I could also be 100% wrong.

9 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Check your insecurity.  I'm just being realistic.

I've been watching college football for 40+ years and I've seen it happen more times than I can recall.

I could also be 100% wrong.

I've been watching college football for 41+ years and you are wrong

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

What about a glorious victory on national TV?

It would be, well, glorious. What have you seen in any game this year that indicates that’s a likelihood, though?

The Texas defense probably benefits from the different playstyle. I’m not so convinced that the offense does, but maybe there will be enough time for Ehlinger’s shoulder to be less of an issue. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Will be interesting to see what getting skull f*cked on national tv will do for recruiting? 

I know you're being tongue-in-cheek but it will be a fuckload better than playing in an Alamo Bowl game no recruits will see or care about. It will be better than winning a Texas Bowl no recruits see or care about with a punter as the MVP. Even in a loss there is recruiting value to being in that game. Just ask recruits if they'd rather go to a Sugar Bowl or whatever the fuck bowl aggy or TCU is playing in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Can someone be stupid enough to post that they want The Alamo Bowl over the Sugar Bowl and I call them a scared little bitch/pussy so I can gain some reputation points? 

You gotta man up and play it. If OU is a playoff team, Texas with a fair deal from the zebras can give Georgia at least as much as they want. 

I'll be honest.  I don't give a shit about the Sugar Bowl or Alamo Bowl. we had a chance to rid ourselves of the fucking OU stench and the Big 12 refs stuck OU's dick in their mouth.  fine give us the Sugar Bowl or the Alamo Bowl, I don't give a fuck.  I'm not scared of playing Georgia(we owe those fuckers too) but lets not forget the BS that just happened on this field.  

we play to win championships and CDC needs to hold these douchbags in the Big 12 office accountable for their ref dumbfuckery.

• Like 5

Herbie is pushing for Georgia to get #3 so they can play Clemson and #4 ND can play Bama.

SVP and ESPN computer projections say that Strength of Record has been the deciding factor the past few years and that puts tOSU in at #4.

Either one would put ou in the Sugar and us in the Alamo.

Fuck the Big 12 and ou sucks.

Damn, it is true that propaganda actually does work. 

Let me help some of you with what apparently you are incapable of doing yourselves. Texas would be just fine playing Georgia, or any other team for that matter. Look at it objectively and you will see that unlike other conferences. The Big 12 has a pretty damn solid collection of offensive teams. And to win this conference it takes a hell of an effort on defense. Coverages that are simple and basic are the norm in college football, but not in ours. 

The media tells you that we don’t, or can’t play defense. But that is untrue. The truth is we all play pretty decent offense. And in turn it taxes our defensive backs and safeties who are constantly being asked to do far more then just play the run. Because their QB is of no threat to establish and maintain anything resembling an effective passing game.

So don’t fear. If Texas meets up with Georgia we would not only be competitive. We would have a solid chance of beating them. Their offensive game plan is far more easier to dissect then anything we see on a weekly basis in the Big12. More importantly is the health of Sam. That is the only real question.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Damn, it is true that propaganda actually does work. 

Let me help some of you with what apparently you are incapable of doing yourselves. Texas would be just fine playing Georgia, or any other team for that matter. Look at it objectively and you will see that unlike other conferences. The Big 12 has a pretty damn solid collection of offensive teams. And to win this conference it takes a hell of an effort on defense. Coverages that are simple and basic are the norm in college football, but not in ours. 

The media tells you that we don’t, or can’t play defense. But that is untrue. The truth is we all play pretty decent offense. And in turn it taxes our defensive backs and safeties who are constantly being asked to do far more then just play the run. Because their QB is of no threat to establish and maintain anything resembling an effective passing game.

So don’t fear. If Texas meets up with Georgia we would not only be competitive. We would have a solid chance of beating them. Their offensive game plan is far more easier to dissect then anything we see on a weekly basis in the Big12. More importantly is the health of Sam. That is the only real question.

I'd be willing to bet $1,000 that says otherwise. 

You're an idiot

Surly -    "God Boyd, Hager, and Wheeler are worthless. Can't wait until they graduate."  

"Todd Orlando needs to go. His schemes suck and he fails to adjust"

"We suck in the 4th quarter."

"Beck needs to be fired immediately."

Also surly -  "God you pussy, we're going to beat Georgia."

"Can't believe the faggotry in the thread about the $ec."

"We'll easily be competitive."

I mean FFS make up your minds, we have 3 JAG's that start yet we're gonna beat Georgia? Can Texas win? Yes, yes they can. Have we seen the execution and coaching adjustments needed to make that happen? Absolutely not. Neg away.....

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Surly -    "God Boyd, Hager, and Wheeler are worthless. Can't wait until they graduate."  

I mean FFS make up your minds, we have 3 JAG's that start yet we're gonna beat Georgia? Can Texas win? Yes, yes they can. Have we seen the execution and coaching adjustments needed to make that happen? Absolutely not. Neg away.....

You DO understand that this is a message board with thousands of individual posters and opinions (a lot of them shitty), right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

You mean there are multiple individuals with their own viewpoints that may conflict with each other? How the fuck do forums work?!

*istian wins

Edited by SmokeyTheBear