The 2019 NBA Draft

Goo Punch

4 hours ago, Bosco said:

Those who think it’s rigged look like idiots, as usual.

So much of the NBA is "nudged" in certain areas. A few things, like the Lakers beating the Sacramento Kings in ~2000 & Miami Heat beating the Mavericks in 2006, were absolutely rigged, 100%.

This result shows that not everything is rigged... and the NBA is going to suffer because of this.

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Zion to the Pelicans was about the worst possible option for the NBA and for Zion. Dude is fucked

New Orleans is a shit hole. 

Having to play basketball in New Orleans is tantamount to being chosen by the Washington Generals with the #1 pick.

This lottery felt like the winning ticket was immediately dropped in the mud. Then the NBA cut away while assistants got on their hands and knees and started slowly moving their hands through the mud trying to find that dropped ticket while someone tried to distract the cameras from the muddy search to ask rhetorically "How awesome is this?".. still searching in the mud for the winning ticket.

48 minutes ago, NowThis said:

how soon until  he demands a trade?

refresh me.. why does AD want to be traded?

why does NOLA have an NBA team anyway? When will they move to Seattle?

1) Zion should pull an Eli Manning and demand that either the team moves to Seattle or he get traded.

2) AD is in the last year of his contract and absolutely will NOT resign with New Orleans. If they want to make the best of a lose-lose situation, they have to trade him. It is like a soccer player going into the last year of his contract and his team has to sell him at a discount, because they know that in 5 months, he can sign with a new team (in the middle of the season) and the second half of the season there will be a lovely albatross around the neck of the club.

3) No one is really sure why NOLA has a team other than they used to have one and they lost it... and Charlotte couldn't even keep a team.

• Like 1

1) Zion should pull an Eli Manning and demand that either the team moves to Seattle or he get traded.
2) AD is in the last year of his contract and absolutely will NOT resign with New Orleans. If they want to make the best of a lose-lose situation, they have to trade him. It is like a soccer player going into the last year of his contract and his team has to sell him at a discount, because they know that in 5 months, he can sign with a new team (in the middle of the season) and the second half of the season there will be a lovely albatross around the neck of the club.
3) No one is really sure why NOLA has a team other than they used to have one and they lost it... and Charlotte couldn't even keep a team.
NOLA is not a shithole. The Saints have no problem acquiring and keeping talent. The Pelicans front office is the problem, not the city.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:
7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

NOLA is not a shithole. The Saints have no problem acquiring and keeping talent. The Pelicans front office is the problem, not the city.

Saints and Pelicans have same owner.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's fine in most parts. We had to bring youth commission groups down post Katrina and I was told while they built the pop up houses out of a box...the locals drove around in new caddys with new rims and sat on the porches.

I'm sure it's fine in most parts. We had to bring youth commission groups down post Katrina and I was told while they built the pop up houses out of a box...the locals drove around in new caddys with new rims and sat on the porches.

lol. Not sure if srs
  • Haha 1

Got to Enjoy the NBA Draft Lottery 

#1 pick goes to NOP (7-9th best odds)

#2 pick goes to MEM (7-9th best odds)

#3 pic goes to NYK (1-3rd best odds)

#4 pick goes to LAL (11th best odds)

Dallas had same odds (7-9th) as NOP & MEM for a Top 4 pick....

Mavs instead lose their 1st Rd pick to ATL because it ended up as the 10th overall pick.... 

giphy.gif

"Lottery F'n Sucks!!!"

Edited by LTtxfan

12 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Jesus, stop shoving a mic in the kid’s face. How many times can you ask him the same fucking question?

There really is no reason for those guys to be at the lottery.     Its ridiculous

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Got to Enjoy the NBA Draft Lottery 

#1 pick goes to NOP (7-9th best odds)

#2 pick goes to MEM (7-9th best odds)

#3 pic goes to NYK (1-3rd best odds)

#4 pick goes to LAL (11th best odds)

Dallas had same odds (7-9th) as NOP & MEM for a Top 4 pick....

Mavs instead lose their 1st Rd pick to ATL because it ended up as the 10th overall pick.... 

giphy.gif

"Lottery F'n Sucks!!!"

Mavs were conveying the pick if they didn't jump to top 4, so it being the 10th was acceptable. Trae Young + 10th pick for Doncic. May turn out to be a steal for Dallas. 

• Like 1

If I'm the Pels, I at least give the Davis/Zion/Holiday combo until January or February before pulling the trigger on a Davis trade. Those two guys seemingly fit very well together, and maybe Zion is enough fun to make Davis reconsider. Simmons threw out that there is at least a possibility that the Knicks could package the third pick, Knox and the Dallas picks for AD, setting up Zion and RJ to reunite in New Orleans.    

33 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
39 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
lol. Not sure if srs

Straight from the birds mouth... but I guess you were there so

I actually was, for a good amount of time. I spent several weeks there between September and December of 2005 helping family as well as helping with cleanup efforts, then again in 2006. I spent Mardi Gras of 2006 in a FEMA trailer in the front yard of my friend's flood-damaged house. I co-organized several Katrina fundraisers in the city. 

I never saw any of what you heard that other people saw.

"the locals drove around in new caddys with new rims and sat on the porches. "

Would you say that they were monkey-like, as they were sitting on the porches?

I actually was, for a good amount of time. I spent several weeks there between September and December of 2005 helping family as well as helping with cleanup efforts, then again in 2006. I spent Mardi Gras of 2006 in a FEMA trailer in the front yard of my friend's flood-damaged house. I co-organized several Katrina fundraisers in the city. 

I never saw any of what you heard that other people saw.

"the locals drove around in new caddys with new rims and sat on the porches. "

Would you say that they were monkey-like, as they were sitting on the porches?

Was I right about the pop up houses at least?

This was a year or two after the storm iirc..Not directly after the storm since we bussed the group down from MN.

I'm not trying to knock NO. Just relaying what our drivers witnessed

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Was I right about the pop up houses at least?

This was in 2007-2008 iirc..Not directly after the storm since we bussed the group down from MN.

I'm not trying to knock NO. Just relaying what our drivers witnessed

Yeah, and my apologies, didn't mean to go as hard as I did. As someone with ties to the region it's a bit of a sore spot for me. Point being, you have to realize how "I saw a bunch of people in caddies with rims sitting on porches!!" reads. All that's missing is the word "thugs". Somewhere between what your friend purportedly saw, and the way you relayed it, there is an obvious agenda there. I'm not saying it's you, it's most likely your friend, as you're just relaying what you heard.

I mean there were definitely isolated cases of people looting and being general POS humans, but the majority of my experiences with it were people helping people, and people just trying to survive. The real thugs, post-Katrina, were insurance companies, politicians, and business that profiteered and price gouged in the aftermath. But they weren't driving around with rims and porch-sitting, so..

But anyhow - not trying to Cloak Room this thread up. 

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

34 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Zion hasn't signed with an agent yet, so the new scuttlebutt is that he may say "Fuck you" to the Pels and go back to Duke for another year. 

https://thebiglead.com/2019/05/15/what-if-zion-williamson-refuses-to-play-for-the-pelicans/

No one is passing up the money he will make for that.   That's just silly.   He saw that all his shit can go up in flames in a second with that injury.    Not a chance in hell he goes back to Duke.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Zion hasn't signed with an agent yet, so the new scuttlebutt is that he may say "Fuck you" to the Pels and go back to Duke for another year. 

https://thebiglead.com/2019/05/15/what-if-zion-williamson-refuses-to-play-for-the-pelicans/

They'd still own his rights, so he could go back to Duke in a play to try and leverage New Orleans to trade his rights, but it's highly unlikely it'd work or he'd do this.  He's never even been to New Orleans, he may love it.  

12 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

They'd still own his rights, so he could go back to Duke in a play to try and leverage New Orleans to trade his rights, but it's highly unlikely it'd work or he'd do this.  He's never even been to New Orleans, he may love it.  

He hasn't been drafted, yet. The deadline to pull out is May 29th. If he pulls out, nothing the Pels can do.

EDIT: Just so we're clear, I don't think he'll do this and don't think he should. I'd take the money.

Edited by Sandman

4 minutes ago, Sandman said:

He hasn't been drafted, yet. The deadline to pull out is May 29th. If he pulls out, nothing the Pels can do.

How would he know if the Cans would draft him or not by this date?  How would he know he wouldn't end up in the exact same situation next year except for Cleveland or Toronto (post Kawhi) or Minnesota or New Orleans?  That's doing a lot based on assumptions and speculation.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

He's not going back to Duke.

This. One million times this. Zero percent chance he plays for Duke next year. Worst case scenario he acts like every other little bitch in the league and demands a trade after a year or two. No reason to give up a guaranteed $6,000,000 with the chance to blow out your knee.

If they manage to keep AD and have Zion on a rookie deal... that franchise is set up to dominate the league. They will have $35 million coming off the books after next season. Given they will have to bump Davis and pay Zion, they should still have $20 million+ to fill out their roster. Holiday is under contract through 2022. Load up with a couple of long three and D guys, add a stretch 4 and a backup point guard you can compete with anybody.

31 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

How would he know if the Cans would draft him or not by this date?  How would he know he wouldn't end up in the exact same situation next year except for Cleveland or Toronto (post Kawhi) or Minnesota or New Orleans?  That's doing a lot based on assumptions and speculation.

And giving up a whole shitload of money to do so while risking injury and any future earnings.    Its asinine  speculation but the NBA is known for stupid ass hypotheticals and speculation

Just now, SA-KC_Horn said:

NBA gifted New Orleans this #1 pick. With AD leaving, who on the roster would fill the arena? 

Same with Memphis. 

How on earth is Memphis evidence of rigging? Mike Conley was a really good player and is still decent, but he doesn't move the needle, fanbase wise.

The curse of les Boulez lives ... some say attributed to SJW Abe Pollin changing Washington’s nickname from Bullets to Wizards (as in Ernie Grunfeld’s warm wiz running down an entire city’s leg for about 15 years too long).  Shitty picks compounded by stupid contracts.

How else does one explain their higher pre-draft odds to land the #1 pick than the #9?

18 minutes ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

NBA gifted New Orleans this #1 pick. With AD leaving, who on the roster would fill the arena? 

Same with Memphis. 

Jayson Tatum (if traded)?  Jrue Holiday?  Whoever they picked in this draft if not #1?  I mean winning and losing is generally what drives attendance.  The Knicks being good is probably a far bigger monetary windfall for the NBA.  Of the bottom 10 teams, I think only the Clippers and Indy were in the bottom for percentage of home games attendance.