• Salt Lake
    • Orlando
    • Atlanta
    • Arizona
    • Memphis
    • Birmingham

10 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
2 hours ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:
So much for the SA team, their coach is Mike Riley.  On the other hand, Steve Spurrier is coaching the Orlando team!
https://deadspin.com/new-spring-football-league-holds-qb-draft-remembers-so-1830706721

Orlando Apollos will suck ass.

Should have an arch-rival, as in the Memphis Creed... 
The company logo looks a lot more professional than I would have guessed, the league might make it to year 2...

So much for the SA team, their coach is Mike Riley.  On the other hand, Steve Spurrier is coaching the Orlando team!
https://deadspin.com/new-spring-football-league-holds-qb-draft-remembers-so-1830706721

The company logo looks a lot more professional than I would have guessed, the league might make it to year 2...

6 hours ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

Some rip-offs in the bunch:

Arizona = Oregon Ducks

Salt Lake = Detroit Lions

Orlando = Denver Broncos

Memphis = Buffalo Bills

Atlanta = James Madison

San Antonio and San Diego, seem to be more original and look good

Would have said Atlanta is the Saints with Mardi Gras purple in the mix.

Atlanta and Birmingham are the worst. Arizona helmet is good, unis are bad. Salt Lake is essentially a light blue Oregon. Like the Fleet. Commanders aren't bad. Memphis might be the best overall look. Love the Orlando helmet but the uniforms scream Denver Broncos. 

• 2 months later...

The Alliance of American Football has signed multiyear media deals with Turner Sports and the NFL Network. Formal announcements are expected to come this week. In March, the AAF agreed to have CBS carry the opening game on Feb. 9 and the championship game in April, with CBSSN carrying one game per week. The Turner deal will see TNT televise one regular season and one playoff game each season. This season, TNT will carry its game (Salt Lake Stallions-Birmingham Iron) on Feb. 16 as a lead-in to NBA All-Star Saturday Night. 

Turner’s B/R Live will carry a weekly game, starting Feb. 23 with the Arizona Hotshots-Stallions. AAF co-Founder & CEO Charlie Ebersol said, “We wanted two things. We wanted reach, which we have with TNT. And we wanted to look to the future of media, which we got with B/R Live.” The NFL Network deal is expected to be announced separately from the Turner one. As part of its deal, NFL Network committed to carrying two games per week, sources said. 

I like San Diego, Birmingham, maybe Orlando. AZ looks like the Oregon Ducks and Barcelona Dragons had an ugly child from a hate fuck. San Antonio’s color scheme is awful. 

When will this thread merge with the VY Destination 2019 thread? He could kick Trevor Knight’s ass up and down the field. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ousux said:
On 11/28/2018 at 1:19 PM, Beau Vine said:
 I assume they're talking about Bonneville?

Still doesn't make sense, that's a salt flat. I've never associated SLC with cars or car culture..

You need to get out more.  Seriously.

Bonneville has been famously associated with speed testing and land speed records.

15 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Forgot about this.  It kicks off next Saturday. Plenty of seats still available for the SA game.  They have Duke Thomas and Nick Rose on their roster.  

https://aaf.com/san-antonio-commanders/

would be cool to have rosters stacked with local college guys.  

Oh wow, UH QB and Herman's main man Greg Ward is a WR on the SA team

Edited by NowThis

The only one I don't like is Arizona. Atlanta has the best look for any purple team I've ever seen. I like blue and orange together but two tone jerseys remind me of Jeff Mustache and the Titans so sorry, Orlando, try again.

I just wish teams would go away from the highly stylized logos. It seems like prepackaged off the shelf corporate design. Get actual artists to create new designs. 

The Steelers helmets are cool. The Packers helmets are cool. The Longhorn logo is cool. You don't need a cartoon on your helmet.

49 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Awesome, no more sports drought!  

The league should be sponsored by Methadone.

i scanned each wiki over lunch, some of this has already been posted above.

the admiral's quick guide to the AAF in no certain order:

San Antonio Commanders: Alamodome; GM: Moose: Corch: Mike BeaverCorn Riley; K: Emo.

Orlando Apollos: UCF Spectrum Stadium; Corch: Spurrier; QB: Squints (1 of 3).

Salt Lake Stallions: Rice Eccles; Corch: Erickson.

Memphis Express: Liberty Bowl; Corch: Singletary; GM Will Lewis (key player in Seattle's rise to power).

San Diego Fleet: SDCCU Qualcomm Jack Murphy; Corch: Martz.

Birmingham Iron: Legion Field; Corch: first-timer Tim Lewis, bounced around the league for 25 years, peak was 7-year run as DC for Steelers/Ginas.

Arizona Candycorns (Hotshots): their logo is the worst ripoff of the 8 teams; Sun Devil Stadium; Corch: Neuhisel; QB Trevor DoucheKnight.

Atlanta Legends: Georgia State Stadium (25k); Corch: first-timer Kevin Coyle, 22 years NCAA, then NFL secondary/cbacks 13 years Bungles, 3 years fish.  OC: Vick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Schedule with broadcast information:

DyV5xAxVYAAABma.jpg?format=jpg&name=orig

So they will have actual OTA broadcast on CBS and the NFL is supporting it with NFL Network?  I may have underestimated this league. It has a fighting chance. Why would XFL even try to compete? 

the pay isn't too bad for 10 weeks http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24076702/alliance-american-football-players-get-3-year-250k-contracts

Less than eight months before the scheduled start of its new pro league, the Alliance of American Football has rolled out details about player allocation, a combine, a draft and salary expectations.

League co-founder Bill Polian, an ESPN NFL analyst, said the league will give players three-year, non-guaranteed contracts worth $250,000 each.

The only one I don't like is Arizona. Atlanta has the best look for any purple team I've ever seen. I like blue and orange together but two tone jerseys remind me of Jeff Mustache and the Titans so sorry, Orlando, try again.
I just wish teams would go away from the highly stylized logos. It seems like prepackaged off the shelf corporate design. Get actual artists to create new designs. 
The Steelers helmets are cool. The Packers helmets are cool. The Longhorn logo is cool. You don't need a cartoon on your helmet.
The Steelers helmet is a corporate design.