Abcde

Pancho

43 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Haven’t read the whole thread, but the Costanza ‘7’ comes to mind.  

Sorry, that's a kickass name.

I seriously wanted that to be my daughter's middle name.  Wife and I were still arguing about it on the way to the hospital.  Daughter has said that she wishes I had won the argument.  (Daughter is a huge Seinfeld fan, too.)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Apparently the mom had been planning on naming her little girl this name since she was a child herself.

makes no damn sense

mom has probably dreamed of this moment ever since fb was created.  her turn to express fake outrage over her stupid naming decision.  Hope of the thumbs up and likes are worth it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A fed-up mom-to-be KO’d her baby shower because she said her “fake a– family” ridiculed the name she’d chosen for her child.

The unidentified woman blasted her family for questioning her decision to name her son Squire Sebastian Senator in a post on the Facebook event page for the now-canceled shindig.

“Ya’ll have been talking sh-t about my unborn baby. AN UNBORN CHILD,” she wrote. “How can you judge an unborn child?? What is wrong with you??

“I never knew my family could be so judgmental.

“They’ve spread rumors and lies about my child,” she wrote. “No, I am not crazy. No, I am not mentally unstable. No, I was not drunk when I named my child.”

But she assured her relatives that no matter how they felt about it — she wasn’t going to budge on her son’s name.

“This is the name I was meant to give him,” she wrote. “This is how it will be. He will not be allowed to have a nickname, he is to be called by his full and complete first name.

“This name conveys power. It conveys wealth. It conveys success,” she added, explaining that she’d chosen the moniker because it hinted at the family’s ties to senators and squires.

“My baby’s name WILL be a revolution,” she continued. “It will push people to question everything.”

The raving future mom told her family she was planning a smaller, “more inclusive” baby shower where she wouldn’t be judged.

“F–k you all. Fake a– family,” she wrote. “You won’t get to be a part of my baby’s life and it’s all because you had to judge him.”

Her post was published Saturday on Reddit, where users continued to mock the baby’s name.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/09/mom-to-be-cancels-baby-shower-after-family-makes-fun-of-sons-name/

On 11/29/2018 at 8:03 AM, crash_davis said:

long game.  mom has been patiently waiting for this moment when she could finally share her victimization to the world. 

it's never been about the kid.  if it were, then why the fuck when you give your child a name that is sure to be mocked and ridiculed?

This 1000x.  These people wear their “victimization” like a badge of honor.  It’s so treasured that they fabricate it if necessary. They want to be shamed or attacked soooo badly.  It must be tough for her being a white lady - to be deprived of the chance to go on social media and tell everyone that she heard someone call her a racial epithet. Tragic.

The stupid “name” is literally a setup. She’s telling people a joke then shaming them as insensitive for laughing at it.  Mental illness. 

Edited by Lhorn

23 hours ago, PilotsError said:

A fed-up mom-to-be KO’d her baby shower because she said her “fake a– family” ridiculed the name she’d chosen for her child.

The unidentified woman blasted her family for questioning her decision to name her son Squire Sebastian Senator in a post on the Facebook event page for the now-canceled shindig.

“Ya’ll have been talking sh-t about my unborn baby. AN UNBORN CHILD,” she wrote. “How can you judge an unborn child?? What is wrong with you??

“They’ve spread rumors and lies about my child,” she wrote. “No, I am not crazy. No, I am not mentally unstable. No, I was not drunk when I named my child.”

But she assured her relatives that no matter how they felt about it — she wasn’t going to budge on her son’s name.

“This is the name I was meant to give him,” she wrote. “This is how it will be. He will not be allowed to have a nickname, he is to be called by his full and complete first name.

“This name conveys power. It conveys wealth. It conveys success,” she added, explaining that she’d chosen the moniker because it hinted at the family’s ties to senators and squires.

“My baby’s name WILL be a revolution,” she continued. “It will push people to question everything.”

The raving future mom told her family she was planning a smaller, “more inclusive” baby shower where she wouldn’t be judged.

“F–k you all. Fake a– family,” she wrote. “You won’t get to be a part of my baby’s life and it’s all because you had to judge him.”

Her post was published Saturday on Reddit, where users continued to mock the baby’s name.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/09/mom-to-be-cancels-baby-shower-after-family-makes-fun-of-sons-name/

It kills me that news outlets report this shit without substantiating the identity of the posters and the truth of the story.  3-to-1 that entire thing is fabricated.

36 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

It kills me that news outlets report this shit without substantiating the identity of the posters and the truth of the story.  3-to-1 that entire thing is fabricated.

i don't doubt this.  kids have been named "god" and "sir" because the parents wanted to command immediate respect for their kid, as if respect is something that is that fleeting and disposable to give.

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

i don't doubt this.  kids have been named "god" and "sir" because the parents wanted to command immediate respect for their kid, as if respect is something that is that fleeting and disposable to give.

Oh, I don't doubt somebody is stupid enough to name their kid like that.  It's the entirety of the story - the quotes from the mom-to-be, the cancelled baby shower, etc. - that are so over-the-top that make me question it. 

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:05 PM, PilotsError said:

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:09 PM, Telegraph_it said:

Pretty sure they are not judging the child. 

This.  People who think we're making fun of a kid for their name are so dense.  Now other kids WILL make of them for their name, but that's the parents fault.

This one isn't really a funny spelling

One of the customers at one of our car lots got pissed because I saw and pronounced Diana just as anyone would.  Instead of just correcting me, she cussed and said you can say my name right, it's pronounced "De-ah-na". Her mom was like, that's okay, he didn't know, and she said "it's spelled out clear as can be, he just wants to be funny.