Game 7: Texas vs. Radford, 6 PM, LHN

Machinator

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Right, and that's why I wasn't surprised when Shaka didn't bring Havoc to Austin. You can still have an exciting, high-tempo team fueled by aggressive defense without featuring the press.

Especially when you consider Havoc worked under a different shot clock and a different college basketball environment that featured higher level one-and-done talent distributed more evenly. 

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

I will never fucking understand why Osetkowski is allowed to shoot anything more than 1, MAYBE 2 shots per game from beyond the arc. 

His misses, and they are many, are just turnovers the second he decides to line one up. 

Agree.  I forgot the game was on.  Looked at the box score.  How in the holy hell does a guy generally shoot about 25% from the floor in any given game especially considering a lot of his shots are from in the paint?

11 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

UNC decided they didn’t care if we drove to the basket.   Any coach that is not operating from within a shell of hubris is going to sag their defense to keep us from driving and make us hit outside shots.  Its a well worn strategy by big 12 coaches at this point.  

Exactly, like I said, Roy Williams is set in his ways. It's just that his style usually works for him.