I need an oculas rift box

NateHitch

My younger son has spent the last year begging for a VR system for Christmas.  We gave him the "we'll see" runaround, told him to think about it and make sure it's what he wants, reminded him over and over how expensive they are, we'll pay for some of it but you need to save your money and chip in and all that.  Kid saved every dime of his birthday and chore money which is quite a feat for him, he's got enough to pay for 80% of it.  I'm really impressed with him, money usually burns a hole in his pocket.   The thing is he won't shut the fuck up about what system he wants.  He wants the htc vive and not the oculus rift and reminds us nonstop, just convinced I'll screw this up.  So the vive is purchased and resting in a secure location but I really want an oculus rift box to repackage this thing in so he opens it on Christmas and for a few moments thinks his life is shit and I'm the dumbest fuck ever.  Willing to buy or borrow, I'll cover shipping both ways of course.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Two scenarios.

1.  Your kid takes it well, and you pat yourself on the back for raising him to be well adjusted.  You don't get the lulz, and waste time and effort in this sting operation.

2.  He doesn't take it well, and you get the lulz factor, but then the seed of how horribly you must of raised your kid that's he's going to rage on receiving the wrong VR gaming system.

That's lose/lose in my book.

7 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Two scenarios.

1.  Your kid takes it well, and you pat yourself on the back for raising him to be well adjusted.  You don't get the lulz, and waste time and effort in this sting operation.

2.  He doesn't take it well, and you get the lulz factor, but then the seed of how horribly you must of raised your kid that's he's going to rage on receiving the wrong VR gaming system.

That's lose/lose in my book.

You sound fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...