Fajitas

jimmyjazz

1 hour ago, Smax said:

sous vide fajitas? wtf an extra completely unnecessary step. charcoal with mesquite chunks in a chimney starter,  pour in webber, 3-5 mins per side and your done

Listen, I know reading isn't really your strong suit, but in my post I specified Venison. I'm not sure if you've ever cooked venison but it's kind of a tricky meat to get tender and not fuck up in the cooking process. 

19 hours ago, Spur08 said:
On 12/4/2018 at 9:55 AM, thestud said:
2b08fd027cd93dc6a8f2eeb076483f17.jpg

Go to your local michoacana and grab a bottle of this for $3. Sometimes I’ll buy some cilantro and chop it up and sprinkle it over the top.

I actually skip this step and go straight to the butcher counter to get their premarinated. That shit is money

Yep that works as well. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, I know reading isn't really your strong suit, but in my post I specified Venison. I'm not sure if you've ever cooked venison but it's kind of a tricky meat to get tender and not fuck up in the cooking process. 

Funny seeing I didnt even read your post and was replying to chicken

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

bumping, because I'm trying this tonight

OJ (because I had some that needs to get used. Will try pineapple next time)

Canola Oil

Garlic powder

cumin

1 lime juiced

chili powder

oregano

paprika

My Weber grill is up at my work (been cooking lunch for the employees during the quarantine) - So I'll trying cooking it in batched with my cast iron on the stove. Bought an extra lime to put on after I cook

I am a *huge* fan of Kenji Lopez-Alt's marinade - don't know what it is about it (he goes into it in the book why it works on a scientific level) but it is fantastic

• 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup lime juice (6-8 limes)
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin seed
  • 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon chile powder
  • 3 medium cloves of garlic, finely minced (i am lazy and just use garlic powder)

It's for 2 lbs of skirt steak so i just adjust as needed based on how much steak I am using. 

I think he has you reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture for the veggies.

I used to Marinade back in the day. Now I pretty much just put kosher salt, pepper, Fiesta Fajita seasoning and cook hot. Then I when I flip I hit it with a little squeezed lime juice just for a little pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

I used to Marinade back in the day. Now I pretty much just put kosher salt, pepper, Fiesta Fajita seasoning and cook hot. Then I when I flip I hit it with a little squeezed lime juice just for a little pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quite marinating a while back also and will keep doing my current process since it turned out so well. 

Tenderize with this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSex-QEq5LZV1nmhvrsY0h

Let it sit out at room temperature for an hour.

Rub with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

Smoke for 45 minutes.

Brush with a mix of soy sauce, honey, balsamic vinegar, and Yellow Bird jalapeno.

Sear for 30 seconds a side.

• Like 1

I just don't buy fajita meat anymore.  Ever.  Used to get it here in SA for .79/lb.  

Best I ever see it anywhere now is 6.99/lb.  Fuck the cocksucker who mainstreamed skirt steak.

If I'm paying that I'm getting ribeye.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VABuckeye said:

Going out to my favorite Mexican place tonight (patio dining) for my birthday dinner.  Combination fajitas will be served to me.

Combination fajitas?  You mean like two different cuts of skirt steak? Maybe inside and outside?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cajun said:

I just don't buy fajita meat anymore.  Ever.  Used to get it here in SA for .79/lb.  

Best I ever see it anywhere now is 6.99/lb.  Fuck the cocksucker who mainstreamed skirt steak.

If I'm paying that I'm getting ribeye.

Fucking gringos !!!!!!

1 hour ago, VABuckeye said:

It’s a Mexican joint. It’s my birthday.  Fuck off. Lol

In all honesty, I hope you enjoy your birthday in these crazy times

However, Keep in mind that the fajitas from shrimp will be incredibly small

• Like 1
  • Haha 2