Fajitas

jimmyjazz

• 7 months later...

Made on the griddle last night. Did the 3rd soy, 3rd water, 3rd pineapple juice. Some garlic powder and cummin. Marinaded for about 8 hours

Dried off dusted with fajita seasoning. High 6 minutes on each side. Rested for about ten minutes before cutting.

It was fucking perfectddde54c2c42aa54e19743d8d9b1e4329.jpg9a04be42ddc357d977ff3e1a86d69dda.jpgb6bd57b1a3a463a53c0c00842e615c23.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 2

Grew up with them simple as hell.  Rub with lots of lime juice and salt, let them sit for a while.  Grill over mesquite wood/coals.  Slice, eat, delicious.  It's a S. Texas simple dish.

I do like versions with the fancy marinades, etc.  But I always come back to the basics (although I confess to using the Bolner's Fiesta Brand fajita seasoning instead of plain salt these days.  It's great).

For super fancy, I use the Bolner's and.....rub with poppyseed dressing.  For serious.  Gives em some oil, and some sweetness (just a touch).  It's really good.  But again, 9 times outta 10, lime and Bolner's.

Oh, and for chicken fajitas.....I just cook the HEB premarinated fajita thighs.  That's it.  Nothing added or changed.  I put some oil on them to keep them from sticking to the grill, that's it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Grew up with them simple as hell.  Rub with lots of lime juice and salt, let them sit for a while.  Grill over mesquite wood/coals.  Slice, eat, delicious.  It's a S. Texas simple dish.

I do like versions with the fancy marinades, etc.  But I always come back to the basics (although I confess to using the Bolner's Fiesta Brand fajita seasoning instead of plain salt these days.  It's great).

For super fancy, I use the Bolner's and.....rub with poppyseed dressing.  For serious.  Gives em some oil, and some sweetness (just a touch).  It's really good.  But again, 9 times outta 10, lime and Bolner's.

Oh, and for chicken fajitas.....I just cook the HEB premarinated fajita thighs.  That's it.  Nothing added or changed.  I put some oil on them to keep them from sticking to the grill, that's it.

Do you marinate with liquid smoke when you want to get ultra fancy?

• 2 years later...
On 2/1/2021 at 11:07 AM, Brisketexan said:

This man knows. The only thing I add to my marinade is a bit of cumin/garlic and oil so it sticks. 

image.thumb.jpeg.ee4fe3074e86551c219ecec0ad1d02f9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e6d27c0c28be67041a6af6f70684b177.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1