Media Bias Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

I heard this interview live last week. NPR's Steve Inskeep turned down Pam Bondi's microphone so that he could correct her disinformation about Republicans' attendance in the closed inquiry meetings. It was greatness.

We'll turn down the microphone a bit just to remind people, Ms. Bondi - I'm sorry to do this. But there were Republicans on the various House committees who were in the rooms for the questioning. But, please, go on.

Inskeep Pulls the Plug on Bondi

6 hours ago, Woland said:

I heard this interview live last week. NPR's Steve Inskeep turned down Pam Bondi's microphone so that he could correct her disinformation about Republicans' attendance in the closed inquiry meetings. It was greatness.

I heard the interview too. It was awesome.

The MSM parroting age-old conservative propaganda.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/in-trump-country-a-season-of-need-on-family-farms/2019/12/26/fcb71262-2377-11ea-86f3-3b5019d451db_story.html

"About half a dozen farms have closed around the Lees, and the ones that remain are bad off, Anne says, though self-reliant farmers don’t often discuss their troubles openly."

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/american-dairy-farmers-depend-on-government-subsidies-1015126442

• 2 weeks later...

Media from Fox News to NPR giving airtime to retired generals and other expert pundits on military affairs without disclosing their current occupations- board members, consultants, and lobbyists for defense contractors.

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/06/iran-suleimani-tv-pundits-weapons-industry/

5 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Facebook removing Suleimani posts. For any of you who think free speech is a partisan issue. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/trump-threatens-tehran-over-censorship-facebooks-thought-police-censor-pro-iran-posts

When will morons like yourself finally understand how the first amendment works?

Never? OK. I agree then. Let’s shut down Facebook so morons like yourself can stop communicating stupid posts with your fellow moron Facebook friends. I totally agree with you.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, softlynow said:
34 minutes ago, softlynow said:

I see hammers has posted a zerohedge article as authoritative in a thread about media bias. If he weren’t impervious to critical thought I’d attempt to point out his error. 

I see hammers has posted a zerohedge article as authoritative in a thread about media bias. If he weren’t impervious to critical thought I’d attempt to point out his error. 

The post contains links to Facebook admitting that it is doing exactly what the Zerohedge posts alludes to. Facebook literally admits to doing it. And that's in the ZH post. 

Facebook is working with the government to tell you what you can or can't say.

Edited by Thetexashammer

https://apnews.com/154c958d1a11a2a632efc4ada9dd52ec

"Sanders was pressed by CNN political correspondent Abby Phillip, one of the debate moderators, who asked him: “I want to be clear here. You’re saying that you never told Senator Warren that a woman could not win the election?”

That is correct,” he replied.

She then turned to Warren and asked, “What did you think when Senator Sanders told you that a woman could not win an election?”"

11 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

MSNBC taking a piss on CNN's head. As I've said many times before, the issue isn't bias as much as accuracy.

Nothing new. Journalism is largely dead in this country as media consolidation takes hold. Support independent and small media journalism.

On 12/27/2019 at 10:15 AM, Woland said:

Bondi answers her own disinformation though regarding whether Republicans were allowed in the rooms for private and public testimony when she states that Republicans were only allowed to call one witness and were issued only a limited amount of time for questions.  There--Republicans were in the rooms.  She essentially acknowledges she's lying within the same brief interview.  It's amazing to seem them still get away with it.  

Don't expect "Fair and balanced" on MSNBC. Or judging by their years and years of dedication to a hoax, don't expect truth either.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/msnbc-host-lawrence-odonnell-accuses-cnn-of-helping-trump-spread-lies

“No, they don’t,” Lawrence O’Donnell, who hosts The Last Word on MSNBC’s primetime lineup, replied. “One third of the people on their payroll love Trump. So you’re guaranteed on any hour of CNN to, minimum one third of the programming will be supportive of Trump—someone on their payroll saying, ‘Here’s why Trump’s right.’” 

The “one third” suggestion may be somewhat of an exaggeration, but the MSNBC host isn’t wrong to point out his rival network has a habit of paying Trump-defending pundits who in some cases cannot even publicly criticize him without violating non-disclosure agreements. 

“That’s one of the reasons why Trump kind of wants you to watch CNN instead of MSNBC,” O’Donnell added. “Because he knows on MSNBC there will be no one defending him. Because we don’t bring on liars. I don’t bring on a liar. I won’t do that.” 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

This guy is really bad at his job.

Yes he is. The crowd was reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. 

Just dumb. He had footage of the crowd chanting "we will not comply" - but couldn't be bothered to proofread his tweet before broadcasting it. Just another airhead.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Rick Wilson, a bastion of the Democratic Party and the leftist media.  

The fact that establishment Republicans used to give money to this guy to give them advice on getting elected does a lot to explain how Trump won the Republican primary in 2016.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 1/28/2020 at 5:38 PM, Thetexashammer said:

On the upside for CNN, the clip has 10 million views. They don't ever get that kind of audience anymore.

Can't really defend this.  You'd hope news networks would be above this kind of stuff, but this is the world we live in.  Cable news is for entertainment, not presenting daily facts and events.  I wish CNN was above this petty stuff.

It's just too bad your indignation doesn't extend to Fox News hosts calling people on the left radical enemies who hate and want to destroy America.  Which is weird because there's two decades worth of material.  

I guess like SCIF rooms, impeaching presidents, or electing judges, being partisan political hacks on cable news is a right reserved only for the GOP and we should only get upset and call foul when non-conservatives do the same things.

11 hours ago, Tom said:

Can't really defend this.  You'd hope news networks would be above this kind of stuff, but this is the world we live in.  Cable news is for entertainment, not presenting daily facts and events.  I wish CNN was above this petty stuff.

Why would you defend CNN? They don't give a shit about you. Like Rachel Maddow, they spent two years peddling a fake russia conspiracy. Would you "defend" Rachel Maddow too?  

It's just too bad your indignation doesn't extend to Fox News hosts calling people on the left radical enemies who hate and want to destroy America.  Which is weird because there's two decades worth of material.  

I guess like SCIF rooms, impeaching presidents, or electing judges, being partisan political hacks on cable news is a right reserved only for the GOP and we should only get upset and call foul when non-conservatives do the same things.

I've been entirely clear that this is a nonpartisan issue. In fact, since you raised the issue, I went and looked at my posts. This is MY THIRD POST ON THIS VERY PAGE where I am stating this is a nonpartisan issue. I'm not trying to be a dick, but you lack basic reading comprehension skills. You can't converse like an adult when you make up obvious lies and expect people to respond. What am I supposed to say? I've already said it three times and all you are doing is pretending I didn't say it. 

I wholeheartedly endorse Michael Malice's comments here. 

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

This is MY THIRD POST ON THIS VERY PAGE where I am stating this is a nonpartisan issue.

The Willy Wonka of the Right. Gywam??? THE ENEMY IS MAKING UP ISLANDS HA HA CHARADE YOU ARE! Let's talk about your outfit and how people who disagree with you criticize you. Hello? Freedom of Speech! Colleges, bad, lies. Press remember the Maine? Stalin. He'd beat the fuck outta you. Another reporter? Jihady. This is about Epstein. Megan Markle? It's a lie. How does this happen? It's weird. 

12 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Why would you defend CNN? They don't give a shit about you. Like Rachel Maddow, they spent two years peddling a fake russia conspiracy. Would you "defend" Rachel Maddow too?  

I've been entirely clear that this is a nonpartisan issue. In fact, since you raised the issue, I went and looked at my posts. This is MY THIRD POST ON THIS VERY PAGE where I am stating this is a nonpartisan issue. I'm not trying to be a dick, but you lack basic reading comprehension skills. You can't converse like an adult when you make up obvious lies and expect people to respond. What am I supposed to say? I've already said it three times and all you are doing is pretending I didn't say it. 

I wholeheartedly endorse Michael Malice's comments here. 

Yeah but You support trump so until proven otherwise, you’re a piece of shit and Everything  you say is trumpian, ie. a lie until proven otherwise.

Edited by achooloco

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yeah, that looks like a reputable site... from 1997.

mediabiasfactcheck is actually a pretty decent tool, and they use specific evidence to support their ratings. CNN is pretty left-leaning in terms of current political climate, it's just the corporate left lol.

• Like 2