Kirk Herbstreit is a Douche Waffle

Neonmoon

7 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

Yeah, if Georgia had won, it would have been the four undefeated conference champions, and we'd be out.

It's really crazy what the Bama win over Georgia meant for the Texas program.  Had Georgia won the SEC, we'd be looking at a meaningless bowl, we'd have a TON of opt-outs, we'd be bitching about how the entire season slipped away on a last-second loss just like 2008.

Instead, we're killing it on the recruiting trail, and we might have the best all-around sales pitch in the nation right now - a playoff team, NIL money, first-class academics, moving to the SEC, a coaching staff that's about to put a shit ton of guys into the NFL, etc.

Thats nice and all, but Georgia can still suck my dick. 

• Hook 'Em 2

It still pisses me off how they screwed fsu because their tiny minds couldn't get past, "but secsec?"

If this was Texas's first year in the sec, the dilemma would be solved and Texas and FSU would have been in.

Edited by WBT

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

It still pisses me off how they screwed fsu because their tiny minds couldn't get past, "but secsec?"

If this was Texas's first year in the sec, the dilemma would be solved and Texas and FSU would have been in.

Yup.

Looking back, if the ags hadn't leaked the news to the press whilst trying to blow up the deal, then Texas might have been able to get more behind-the-scenes work done quietly, and might have been in the SEC a year earlier.  Also, the TX/OU to the SEC news is what put the expanded playoff discussion on hold, so if that news hadn't been leaked, we might be starting the 12-team playoff this year.

Either way, or both ways, the ags leaking the news, is really what kept FSU out of the playoffs this year.  FSU fans can send their sternly worded notes to College Station.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yup.

Looking back, if the ags hadn't leaked the news to the press whilst trying to blow up the deal, then Texas might have been able to get more behind-the-scenes work done quietly, and might have been in the SEC a year earlier.  Also, the TX/OU to the SEC news is what put the expanded playoff discussion on hold, so if that news hadn't been leaked, we might be starting the 12-team playoff this year.

Either way, or both ways, the ags leaking the news, is really what kept FSU out of the playoffs this year.  FSU fans can send their sternly worded notes to College Station.

...and aggy being too scared to play us caused us to schedule Bama which got us in.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 12/14/2023 at 8:50 AM, South Austin said:

It's going to be the "We Didn't Want To Be There" Bowl for both teams.  If we had nothing better to do, we could probably get great tickets on the 50 yard line for $25.

Florida State should want to be there since, as I showed, they can score a shared championship if they win (and Washington and Michigan lose).

I feel like they are letting this playoff bullshit get in the way of the opportunity in front of them.

Or maybe the team is well aware of it and this is just the fans who don't seem to understand the situation.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...