Santa isn't real

Wally Fairway

Oh Florida

https://wsvn.com/news/local/florida-man-screams-santa-isnt-real-to-kids-during-holiday-festival/

CAPE CORAL, Fla. (WSVN) — A holiday event meant to fill families with excitement had the opposite effect after it was crashed by a man with a message for the children in the audience.

According to WBBH, Cape Coral’s Festival of Lights was crashed by a man holding a giant sign as he yelled at children and families, telling them Santa isn’t real and that parents were lying to their children.

Video of the incident was captured by one woman who said the man yelled for hours at the event.

“There’s no Santa Claus!” the man is heard yelling in the clip. “They’re all lies!”

One mother said some children left the event in tears.

According to WBBH, police were at the event, but they said they couldn’t do anything because the man was exercising free speech.

They added that the only way they could intervene is if the man used a voice enhancer, such as a megaphone, or if he created a riot.

Phlegm???

Edited by Wally Fairway
Man I hope Chad Briscoe doesn't read this thread .... sorry Chad, if you did

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

So that's where Hugo Stiglitz was the other day.  Wondered why he hadn't posted as much the last few days.

Yeah, the story must have left out the part about the man shouting that Santa was an active measure being deployed by the Russians.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Just now, CooterBrown said:

Told my 12 YO, the day you stop believing is the day presents stop flowing.

Yep and mine are in college.  Still come down the stairs to see what Santa brought them but they aren't waking us up at 6AM to go see now.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

As someone warring on Christmas, this is cool and good.

people forget what it's like to be kids. or some people are just miserable cunts.

you know that you can celebrate the pagan festivities of christmas and still teach them the meaning of christmas.  crazy idea, i know. 

you mean allow them to be kids and enjoy the happiest days of the year for kids AND get to teach them what the true meaning is from a religious stand point?  no wai!  get out of here with that reasonable idea!!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Greatest Christmas ever.

Back in 2001 when my oldest granddaughter was 4 or so, she and our daughter and son-in-law came to our house in San Antonio for Christmas.  Of course we set out milk and cookies as tradition dictated, but added a couple of small surprises.  We had deliberately  gathered some ash and soot and sprinkled it around the fire place and put some footprints around courtesy of my rubber rain boots.  We then took a piece of red velvet and ripped it and hung it on the fireplace screen, of course it had smudges of ash and soot on it also.  The next morning when she came downstairs she immediately checked to see it "Santa" got the milk and cookies (I sure did!), and when she saw the footprints, soot and ash along with the torn part of the Santa suit she just freaked out.  I've never seen a child more excited or happy on Christmas.  /csb

Good one ^^^.  We used to put the kids to bed, and then go up on our one story roof above their bedroom, and ring bells, and stomp around a bit.  You could hear screams thru the roof that would cause hearing impairment.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

csb. 

my brother in law is an idiot.  his family are mostly full of idiots.  he and his wife home schooled the kids and they are just fucking weird.  they are cliche for home schooled kids.  b-i-l and wife decide to tell their kids at 2 or 3 that there is no santa.  well that's fine but keep that shit to yourself.

a few years back, we have them for xmas one year.  we rarely ever see them, purposely.  we explicitly tell them DO NOT FUCKING spoil santa for my daughters.  my eldest daughter was 11, getting to the age where she is starting to question if santa is real.  we decided that it was the last xmas and that we would tell her after xmas.  b-i-l's miserable eldest 14 yr old daughter decides to spoiled it for us.  w/in a day of them arriving, she tells my daughter that santa is not real and that my daughter is stupid for believing in santa.  this was 3 days before christmas.  daughter loses her shit at first but was ok a couple of days later.  

i wanted to slap the shit out of my niece and kick my b-i-l and family out of the fucking house.  wife did too but didn't out of respect for her parents.  

parents want as much as possible to deliver that message.  there will be accusations of lying and deceit that need to be delicately managed.  fuck miserable selfish assholes who feel the need to be miserable assholes.

One year we put out some carrots for the reindeers, along with milk and cookies and probably booze for Santa.  Well, Ol' St. Nick took those carrots, let the reindeer nibble on them, and brought them back down so we could see the bite marks!  It was a pretty magical Christmas.

I never did figure out why Santa didn't just keep the carrots.   I mean, why take them up the chimney, let the animals take a small bite, then bring the carrots back down?  And why does Santa have the same handwriting as my mom?

• Haha 1

Nothing like thinking watching Gremlins is a good idea for a fun Christmas movie since the kids are getting a little older only to forget that at the end of the Phoebe Cates dad died in the chimney story she says "and that's when I knew Santa wasn't real". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

csb. 

my brother in law is an idiot.  his family are mostly full of idiots.  he and his wife home schooled the kids and they are just fucking weird.  they are cliche for home schooled kids.  b-i-l and wife decide to tell their kids at 2 or 3 that there is no santa.  well that's fine but keep that shit to yourself.

a few years back, we have them for xmas one year.  we rarely ever see them, purposely.  we explicitly tell them DO NOT FUCKING spoil santa for my daughters.  my eldest daughter was 11, getting to the age where she is starting to question if santa is real.  we decided that it was the last xmas and that we would tell her after xmas.  b-i-l's miserable eldest 14 yr old daughter decides to spoiled it for us.  w/in a day of them arriving, she tells my daughter that santa is not real and that my daughter is stupid for believing in santa.  this was 3 days before christmas.  daughter loses her shit at first but was ok a couple of days later.  

i wanted to slap the shit out of my niece and kick my b-i-l and family out of the fucking house.  wife did too but didn't out of respect for her parents.  

parents want as much as possible to deliver that message.  there will be accusations of lying and deceit that need to be delicately managed.  fuck miserable selfish assholes who feel the need to be miserable assholes.

11?

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

csb. 

I hate people, a lot.

Modern commercialized Santa is a weird tradition.  Why parents like their kids being grateful to Santa and not them is beyond me.  Throw in the awkward stage when your kid is reconciling the gift disparity between their friends.  Piecing together that the naughty and nice system really has some shortcomings.

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Modern commercialized Santa is a weird tradition.  Why parents like their kids being grateful to Santa and not them is beyond me.  Throw in the awkward stage when your kid is reconciling the gift disparity between their friends.  Piecing together that the naughty and nice system really has some shortcomings.

They're only kids once, roll with the flow.  They've got the rest of their life to be grateful to me, and believe me, they are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SHOOTER12 said:

They're only kids once, roll with the flow.  They've got the rest of their life to be grateful to me, and believe me, they are.

10-4.  Twin 8 year olds have either figured it out already and keeping it secret or will any day now.  They'll have to keep their mouths shut though because their little brother is just 3. 

If I ever have kids I am taking notes...

My story will go like this...Santa is real, kids.  I heard we are his last stop, so we got a long haul tonight.  Stay good, quiet and go to bed and stay in your rooms until 7am.   Since this is santa's last stop, we should leave him a *insert adult beverage* , cookies, and some food for his reindeer. 

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

My 12 yo daughter, born 12/25/05, is hanging on to her belief in Santa for dear life.  And I encourage her innocence to continue forever.  Fuck all the grinch-ass bitches.

Hell to the yes. Kids are kids for a very brief time. Christmas magic is a good thing for kids to believe in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J.R. Juniors Junior Jr. said:

Whether or not Santa is real, does that have any bearing on if he's white?

Well he is a Western European invention after St. Nicholas I believe.  Not sure why in the fuck there has to be a discussion about his skin color though.  If he's black, brown, yellow or white, so be it.

Maybe there should be a draft like Chapelle did on his show, the white people get Santa, the brown/black folks get Jesus... seems fair... 

My 12 yo daughter, born 12/25/05, is hanging on to her belief in Santa for dear life.  And I encourage her innocence to continue forever.  Fuck all the grinch-ass bitches.
Uh no. She, like all kids, fears her gift haul will be cut in half if she lets the cat out of the bag.

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yeah it does make income disparity seem even more pronounced for kids with Santa bringing rich kids more.  Kids can understand why rich parents buy more presents, but Santa is supposed to treat all kids equally.

Why did Santa bring Bobby every Transformer and he only brought me one crappy Gobot?

My mom had Santa bring a bunch of shit for us when I was a kid.  My wife and I do it differently.  Santa brings only one small thing.  All other presents are from us.

Edited by FondrenRoad

Like others on this thread, our approach has been simple. If you believe in Santa, he is real. If you do not believe, the magic of christmas no longer exists. and NO ONE wants that. I repeat, NO ONE wants the magic of Christmas to stop. My jr in college at UT still believes in the magic of Christmas and still gets excited when he hears Santa's sleigh bells ring right after I finish reading the Night Before Christmas. Santa has impeccable timing. He along with our 4 other children all run to their beds and cover up their heads and go to sleep when they hear those bells... 

As for why people want their kids to be grateful to Santa instead, its not about credit or gratefulness. Its about believing in the greater good and that if you are a good person then good things will come your way. Its about encouraging believe in innocence and doing the right thing and not worrying about who gets credit for it. Trust me when Santa is putting together a basketball goal AND a trampoline on Christmas Eve and doesnt get a wink of sleep before the kids wake up, he doesnt give a damn who gets credit. He just wants to see those smiles on his kids faces.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yeah it does make income disparity seem even more pronounced for kids with Santa bringing rich kids more.  Kids can understand why rich parents buy more presents, but Santa is supposed to treat all kids equally.

Why did Santa bring Bobby every Transformer and he only brought me one crappy Gobot?

My mom had Santa bring a bunch of shit for us when I was a kid.  My wife and I do it differently.  Santa brings only one small thing.  All other presents are from us.

we do it similarly. santa brings each child a big present and then one for all of them together. the rest are from us. 

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

10-4.  Twin 8 year olds have either figured it out already and keeping it secret or will any day now.  They'll have to keep their mouths shut though because their little brother is just 3. 

As my brother and I figured out Santa Clause, our parents quietly pulled us aside and said that if our little sister hears about it, Santa's presents stopped.  We even joined in on the game.  Wish I could say it was out of love, but I'm afraid it was just to keep the presents from Santa coming in. 

17 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Like others on this thread, our approach has been simple. If you believe in Santa, he is real. If you do not believe, the magic of christmas no longer exists. and NO ONE wants that. I repeat, NO ONE wants the magic of Christmas to stop. My jr in college at UT still believes in the magic of Christmas and still gets excited when he hears Santa's sleigh bells ring right after I finish reading the Night Before Christmas. Santa has impeccable timing. He along with our 4 other children all run to their beds and cover up their heads and go to sleep when they hear those bells... 

As for why people want their kids to be grateful to Santa instead, its not about credit or gratefulness. Its about believing in the greater good and that if you are a good person then good things will come your way. Its about encouraging believe in innocence and doing the right thing and not worrying about who gets credit for it. Trust me when Santa is putting together a basketball goal AND a trampoline on Christmas Eve and doesnt get a wink of sleep before the kids wake up, he doesnt give a damn who gets credit. He just wants to see those smiles on his kids faces.

10 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Scottie P. - you have it a little bit wrong.  know what I'm sayin
Amazon has replaced the elves, and UPS/USPS have replaced the reindeer - but Santa is still the man,  know what I'm sayin Scottie P.

well, Santa a licensing agreement with all the top manufacturers so yeah...

7 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Childlike innocence is priceless, but not having to wait in line to see Santa anymore is as well.  There's the silver lining when some kid at school spills the beans.

Are there kids that think the mall Santa is "real" Santa?

Santa is alright.  He's the most "normal" of the entities that break into kids' house and leave gifts.  I always thought the Easter Bunny was the weirdest.  I always imagined he looked like the Donnie Darko rabbit.  The Tooth Fairy is pretty fucked up too.

7 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Santa is alright.  He's the most "normal" of the entities that break into kids' house and leave gifts.  I always thought the Easter Bunny was the weirdest.  I always imagined he looked like the Donnie Darko rabbit.  The Tooth Fairy is pretty fucked up too.

what about the dude who breaks into the house and leaves special gifts to mom in her secret magic box.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yes until around age 5, then you make up the Santa's helper bit.  Agree on the others.  Tooth Fairy is very strange, seems like the tooth turning into money would be a better bit.  We don't really do anything with the bunny in our house.  My wife is catholic so kids get the religious version of Easter over the bunny version.  They still do an egg hunt though but there is no lore behind it.