Alex Smith - "Devastating Complications" Re: To His Injury

Wally Pryor

meh, you can hardly tell its a leg, not really that bad.

I'd rather see that than the dude from Louisville whose bone was sticking out.  Not even sure if I've ever even looked at it other than having it described to me now that I think about it.  (I'm sure I'll get to see it soon)

33 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

I'd rather see that than the dude from Louisville whose bone was sticking out.  Not even sure if I've ever even looked at it other than having it described to me now that I think about it.  (I'm sure I'll get to see it soon)

Also gnarly

Didn't know about that one.  And they just keep showing the breakage from different angles....thanks guys.

Mickey Joseph was an up and coming young QB out of LA that Nebraska got and he was playing as a freshman vs. the cocksuckers in Norman in 1990.  He got shoved into the bench after being out of bounds at least 5 yards and lacerated his leg which basically ended his career.  FUCK YOU cheatin cocksuckers

Joseph was a ballyhooed prep All-American recruit out of Marrero, Louisiana in 1987. He played quarterback at Nebraska from 1988 through 1991. He had his best season in 1990 — throwing for 624 yards and rushing for 554 while totaling 21 touchdowns — but was badly injured in the first half of a loss at Oklahoma when Joseph, 10 yards out of bounds, was shoved into the Sooner bench by an OU player. Joseph received 125 stitches in his left leg.

8 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Pretty sure it was initially.

8 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Or the UH player would ran into a cart or whatever that someone left against the wall behind the end zone. That wasn’t fun family viewing. 

I don’t have any reason to watch UH, and I don’t really watch NFL regularly.  I did see both the UH receiver and Alex Smith injuries as they happened.  Good luck to Smith, he always seemed like a decent guy. 

16 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I don’t have any reason to watch UH, and I don’t really watch NFL regularly.  I did see both the UH receiver and Alex Smith injuries as they happened.  Good luck to Smith, he always seemed like a decent guy. 

You seem to have an ability to jinx teams by just watching them. Will you please watch all of the ou games this year?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

You seem to have an ability to jinx teams by just watching them. Will you please watch all of the ou games this year?

Jesus. That’s a tall order.  I watch a lot of the sheepfucker games and watch them bumble into wins they shouldn’t, so the jinx is not perfected.  I guess I can work in the wifebeaters to the north and see if we can fix that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Didn't know about that one.  And they just keep showing the breakage from different angles....thanks guys.

Mickey Joseph was an up and coming young QB out of LA that Nebraska got and he was playing as a freshman vs. the cocksuckers in Norman in 1990.  He got shoved into the bench after being out of bounds at least 5 yards and lacerated his leg which basically ended his career.  FUCK YOU cheatin cocksuckers

I get a good laugh every time Nebbish calls OU cocksucking cheaters.  That’s rich, coming from Lawrence Phillips U.  You all were like JoePa...Holier than thou, cheating ass Osborne.  At least Switzer wore it like a boss, unlike you churchgoing bitches.  Texas can talk shit all day. And they do.  I get that   But Nebbish?!  

Enjoy being totally irrelevant.  Lol

• Like 5

10 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I get a good laugh every time Nebbish calls OU cocksucking cheaters.  That’s rich, coming from Lawrence Phillips U.  You all were like JoePa...Holier than thou, cheating ass Osborne.  At least Switzer wore it like a boss, unlike you churchgoing bitches.  Texas can talk shit all day. And they do.  I get that   But Nebbish?!  

Enjoy being totally irrelevant.  Lol

WHOA big talk standing tall on a Texas football board!   Is it really talking shit if it's true though?  Joe Mixon's redshirt (that might be my new band name btw) told me LP ain't got shit on him.  

Gonna have to agree with the Sooner fan on this one. Barry wore his stripes largely on the outside and took the L because of it when it all came crashing down. Osborne still pretends he wasn't the cheating piece of shit we all know he was. 

Also, given the choice of hanging out and drinking beer/bullshitting with Switzer or Osborne, I'm going Barry all day long. At least there's a good chance we can catch Texas or OU in a meaningful football game on a fall Saturday (pre covid) and have a good laugh. Watching a NU game with Osborne means we'd probably have to awkwardly ignore Frost sucking ole Tom off under the table. Fuck NU. There's a better chance of Myspace making a return to relevance at this point.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Well then I do respectfully apologize to him because that's the only smear on an otherwise well run program

Well, there’s the beating your buddy to brain dead with a bat, holding your girlfriend hostage when a screwdriver, and plenty of other fun shenanigans, but yeah. Fuck Joe Mixon.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Well then I do respectfully apologize to him because that's the only smear on an otherwise well run program

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, there’s the beating your buddy to brain dead with a bat, holding your girlfriend hostage when a screwdriver, and plenty of other fun shenanigans, but yeah. Fuck Joe Mixon.  

Sarcastic Emma Stone GIF

Fuck that, not clicking on that video. I saw Theisman, and Taylor dance on MNF over and over and over and over and over and over they showed it....

I've seen a leg bone sticking out...  Bones ain't white when they're in your body....

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Blotto said:

Gonna have to agree with the Sooner fan on this one. Barry wore his stripes largely on the outside and took the L because of it when it all came crashing down. Osborne still pretends he wasn't the cheating piece of shit we all know he was. 

Also, given the choice of hanging out and drinking beer/bullshitting with Switzer or Osborne, I'm going Barry all day long. At least there's a good chance we can catch Texas or OU in a meaningful football game on a fall Saturday (pre covid) and have a good laugh. Watching a NU game with Osborne means we'd probably have to awkwardly ignore Frost sucking ole Tom off under the table. Fuck NU. There's a better chance of Myspace making a return to relevance at this point.

Concur.

On 4/28/2020 at 1:56 AM, ImissWallyPryor said:

Or the UH player would ran into a cart or whatever that someone left against the wall behind the end zone. That wasn’t fun family viewing. 

I may be wrong but IIIRC the officials had them move the cart and then the idiots moved it back later.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:00 AM, mulletpelini said:

Here’s my question. Why was the Nebraska backup qb throwing on the sideline?  How many passes did he end up throwing that game, five?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

The E:60 is on right now. Damn, the leg was devastated by the bacteria, then the debridement left it looking like a bone-in Christmas ham on New Year’s Day. But the most amazing visual was Mrs. Smith, holy shit she’s hot. 

Bad memories...had a stripper accident at e11even in Miami a few years ago and ended up with a huge gash on my back.  Moron sewed it shut and didn't give antibiotics at shithole Jackson Memorial.  I flew totally banged up back to Chicago right away and hit NW where I knew people.  Was too late - massive infection set in and ICU time...had a giant hole in my back that took months to heal.  They questioned nec fasc for several hours and I thought I was a goner...what a way to go. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

44 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Bad memories...had a stripper accident at e11even in Miami a few years ago and ended up with a huge gash on my back.  Moron sewed it shut and didn't give antibiotics at shithole Jackson Memorial.  I flew totally banged up back to Chicago right away and hit NW where I knew people.  Was too late - massive infection set in and ICU time...had a giant hole in my back that took months to heal.  They questioned nec fasc for several hours and I thought I was a goner...what a way to go. 

Stabbed by a stilleto? Impaled by an implant? Gashed by a G string?

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Stabbed by a stilleto? Impaled by an implant? Gashed by a G string?

Lol.  It has tiered seating.  We were ‘in the pit’ and a gal tumbled from seating above onto me.  We both went crashing through a glass table.  At least she was fine.  Good times.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  It has tiered seating.  We were ‘in the pit’ and a gal tumbled from seating above onto me.  We both went crashing through a glass table.  At least she was fine.  Good times.  

One of those stories that you hope is true, because I’m not sure I could handle the more frightening version.

Deserves a medal or @ least a free hour in the VIP room.

• Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, Veerbone said:

One of those stories that you hope is true, because I’m not sure I could handle the more frightening version.

Deserves a medal or @ least a free hour in the VIP room.

Oh yeah.  The comeback party was something else.  I won’t say it was worth it but definitely a great time.  It’s a stripclub that turns into a nightclub so pretty much peak debauchery.  

On 6/7/2020 at 6:05 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

They questioned nec fasc for several hours and I thought I was a goner...what a way to go. 

Can you layman this?  Christ, the wife is pretty cool with me hitting the titter every now and then, but would probably revoke lifetime pass if I came close to dying from it.

56 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Can you layman this?  Christ, the wife is pretty cool with me hitting the titter every now and then, but would probably revoke lifetime pass if I came close to dying from it.

I may post a pic later.  Pretty gnarly wound.  She was with family in Europe but flew back.  I told her not to tell any family which probably drove her insane.  

But I’ve been through a lot lol.  Fairly indestructible so she knew I’d manage to make it.  

We were doing our pvt equity deal and this was right after Management presentations so doing all the calls from the hospital that week was interesting.  We did close the deal.  Celebrated with a chill vacation, just the wife and I - Owed her that at the least. 

11 is a great nightclub.  Just happens to be strip club early.  Easily the most debauchery you’ll see in a legal club in the states.  

Wife is the best - met me when I was poor and even more nuts so she gets it.  Old me would have stayed out and refused the ambulance.  Maturing?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Was just curious what nec fasc?   I could tell thru plenty of your other posts that your wife is cool af. 

I'da thought necrotizing fasciitis - Miz Long came home from a stint in Afghanistan a few years back, and had a chest wound start that shit. Was a damnned close call, and in the category of things that cannot be unseen, bare rib bones with the surface scraped bare is pretty fucking high on my list.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2020 at 12:18 PM, Hate said:

At least he has a sense of humor about it. Here are his family’s Halloween costumes from last year.csujbxltd3w31.jpg

It's amazing what a good sense of humor can do.

I had an aggy PA on my initial hospital stay at Methodist hospital in Dallas.  Pretty cool dude.  Being in a constant morphine state of mind my sense of humor with him was somewhat vicious at times. Needless to say he could dish it out as well as take it and there was lots of hysterical, if vicious laughter coming out of my hospital room.  Mrs Shooter thought we had all lost our minds at times.