Roseanne s10

TexasMan

Roseanne debuted in 1988 and the Connors had already been living in that house for a while. The plot point that they nearly lost their house during the housing crisis in the late 00's was paper thin.

As soon as I heard Darlene's son was named Mark I guessed that Becky's husband Mark must be dead. No way Darlene would name her son after him otherwise. 

It was funny when Dan and Roseanne both thought Darlene was gay but she insisted that she wasn't. It's funny because Melissa Gilbert is gay. 

Hopefully the youngest son Jerry Garcia Connor makes an appearance. 

For some reason I don't remembertheir 4th child. I was in high school towards the end chasing the muff around so I probably wasn't watching when they introduced that character.

Edited by Yarbr

32 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Was the dude from big bang who used to bang a daughter in it?

No. He wasn't original cast anyway and he's already got kind of a better gig. 

It it was a really small cast, just the immediate Connor biological family (with three grandkids, one apparently adopted) and Jackie. There were only four sets as I recall: The Connor kitchen and living room, Darlene's and Becky's old room, the garage, and a grade school classroom. 

Pretty low budget production. I wonder what the actors are being paid. I doubt John Goodman comes cheap. Laurie Metcalf is the second best actor in the cast. It's pretty much guaranteed to get big ratings at least early on. There's a lot we still don't know about what happened between then and now. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out. I wasn't exactly dazzled but I'll try to remember to tune in next week. 

I heard HS interview Roseanne and Dan Conner earlier today.  I just have a hard time thinking this show will find a way to survive in today's instant gratification pull the plug way to early over-reaction world we live in, and it won't even matter if it's good or not.

Roseanne seemed a bit out of focus during the interview, how is she on the show?

I enjoyed it, but I have always liked the Roseanne show being white trash myself(yes I am white). 

Only thing that will lose me is if they continue with the hard politics comedy angles.  I can't stand political shit so I will end up bailing. 

45 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

The original show IMO is the most realistic TV show about a family ever. 

Agreed. 

13 hours ago, bluto said:

sarah chalke is so smoke

Yes

51 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I enjoyed it, but I have always liked the Roseanne show being white trash myself(yes I am white). 

Only thing that will lose me is if they continue with the hard politics comedy angles.  I can't stand political shit so I will end up bailing. 

It started a tad slow but overall thought it was really well done. Aside from Becky still being a horrible actress it was better than the wife and I expected. I will give it a few more weeks to see how it plays out. 

The Jackie and Roseanne sister relationship is perfect and so much what real families are like. 

15 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Roseanne debuted in 1988 and the Connors had already been living in that house for a while. The plot point that they nearly lost their house during the housing crisis in the late 00's was paper thin.

As soon as I heard Darlene's son was named Mark I guessed that Becky's husband Mark must be dead. No way Darlene would name her son after him otherwise. 

It was funny when Dan and Roseanne both thought Darlene was gay but she insisted that she wasn't. It's funny because Melissa Gilbert is gay. 

Hopefully the youngest son Jerry Garcia Connor makes an appearance. 

Nah. She never coulda starred in Little House on the Prairie if she was.  However, Sara Gilbert is gay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Nah. She never coulda starred in Little House on the Prairie if she was.  However, Sara Gilbert is gay.

Lol...right on. I was just thinking about that earlier this morning and wondering if I got that wrong. I was thinking, is it "Sarah" Gilbert but then decided I must be confusing her name with Sarah Chalke. Thanks for the correction. 

I liked it.  The politics was heavy handed, but it gave shit to D and R which is a nice change up.

Being a father of 3 I can now relate to Dan.  I laughed hard at Roseanne's, "I better go talk to him,  I will let him have a couple of beers first."  Two counts.. "That should be enough time"

42 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Never watched it back int he 80s/90s/whever the fuck it was on.  I aint bout to start now. 

But 18.2M, damn that's a lot of old ass nostalgic white folks.

5.2 rating in the 18-49 demo. That is HUGE for ABC. 

Second highest rated (non sports) TV show behind this is us after the Super Bowl

So actually not a lot of old ass folk.

On 3/27/2018 at 8:13 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

ok, i did not watch it, but they were always on very tenuous financial grounds, making hard decisions about this and that. they were not the best with money. it's entirely possible they took out a home equity loan to pay off some bill in the 00s and BAM slammed with the bubble bursting. that would be entirely within character and the luck they never seem to enjoy.

It’s on the ABC app, too, watched this morning. Liked it more than I expected, as the last couple seasons 20 years ago went wildly off the rails. There were actual jokes that worked.

Metcalf killed it. As noted above, they kept Fishman’s acting to a minimum, I don’t think D.J. even looked up.

It’s only a 10 episode run, and the debut numbers say it’s a no-brainer to be picked up. Barr and Goodman on Stern said that’s what they are hoping for. They got Norm MacDonald on the writing staff, and Whitney Cummings is show runner. I could hear her voice when Darlene exclaimed, “Umm, is no one going to point out she’s like, 50?”

Edited to add for the poster who asked, Chalke replaced Goranson as Becky several years into the show, that’s why they did the, “we could be the same person” bit. And Johnny Galecki is supposed to make an appearance. I’m not sure if he was in Season 1, but he was the actor who played the part from the start. 

Edited by Vito Andolini

4 hours ago, lateshow said:

$20 is $20, bruh.

In interviews Goodman is pretty loyal to Roseanne.   The TV show has probably made him have a much easier life and be able to pick and choose whatever he wants.   He also seems to enjoy filming the series especially if they keep it fairly short seasons.   

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In interviews Goodman is pretty loyal to Roseanne.   The TV show has probably made him have a much easier life and be able to pick and choose whatever he wants.   He also seems to enjoy filming the series especially if they keep it fairly short seasons.   

And if the ratings stay anywhere close to a 4.0 and 15 million viewers every week, ABC is going to have to pay big time.