Roseanne s10

TexasMan

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Gilbert is one of the EP's.  Didn't realize that Norm McDonald came back and wrote most of last season..... Wonder what he'll do if it did get picked up.

She wasn't acting on the show? I stopped watching long before the original version went away and hadn't watched any of this. Was Sykes just a producer or was she acting as well?

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

She wasn't acting on the show? I stopped watching long before the original version went away and hadn't watched any of this. Was Sykes just a producer or was she acting as well?

Gilbert was in the show but also seemed to be the driving force to get the show back together and the cast reassembled.  I think Sykes was just a writer for the show but don't know exactly.  I only watched one of the episodes so no idea....

Whitney Cummings was also an EP/show runner/writer who was instrumental in bringing it back, and she quit a week or two ago.

I’m sure Roseanne has enough cash tucked away to be ok, Goodman, Metcalf and Gilbert, too, but it sucks for the crew and Goranson and Fishman, who were probably thanking their lucky stars somebody was paying them again. But Barr gonna Barr.

And she's been tweeting inflammatory shit from way back. ABC's bullshit response about "values" is funny.

Be honest and say something like, "We gambled on an asshole, because C.R.E.A.M. Obviously we, as a network, have shown our ass and now we apologize to Valerie Jarrett and our viewers."

Barr-Screen-Shot-122213.png

Edited by smuggs

Going to be a Cosby like scrubbing from TV.  The show is being eliminated everywhere and she'll be marginalized into Bolivia..... much like Michael Richards except worse because she was the star.  She'll get some love from the fringe Conservative media for a little while until something else comes about for them to follow and be offended by.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/29/roseanne-reruns-yanked-from-hulu-viacom-channels/

Hulu has joined Viacom and its channels in pulling Roseanne reruns, reps with knowledge of the decisions confirmed to EW Tuesday afternoon.

Paramount Network, TV Land, and CMT will all cease to air reruns of the series, while Hulu confirms it will remove the show from its library. 

Starting tomorrow, syndicated episodes of the recently revived sitcom — which was axed by ABC earlier today after racist tweets from star/co-creator Roseanne Barr ignited a social media firestorm — will no longer run in rotation across the channels.

Laff, a digital network that specializes in reruns of popular sitcoms, has similarly yanked old episodes of the series. “While we believe viewers have always distinguished the personal behavior of the actress Roseanne Barr from the television character Roseanne Conner, we are disgusted by Barr’s comments this week,” read Laff’s official statement. “Therefore, we are removing the original Roseanne series from the Laff schedule for the time being, effective immediately.”

I could be wrong but I don't necessarily see the reruns of the old seasons going away like Cosby and Dukes of Hazzard - at least not long term.  I guess Dukes of Hazzard going away might in part be because the show sucked balls.  I think her comments won't necessarily create a boycott with the core fans of the old show which at this point is likely 40+ years old and middle America.  The think the network will hide it away for an acceptable period then some network without much going on will start airing episodes late at night.  Hell Cosby was just convicted and I think I saw his show on not too long ago.  But of course I could be wrong.

Edited by Lhorn

Yep. Check out some of Olbermanns past tweets about the President of the United States and his family. He’s completely unhinged. We all know racism is the third rail but you shouldn’t be able to publicly call the President a Nazi, a motherfucker and other things without any type of repercussions. 

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

I could be wrong but I don't necessarily see the reruns of the old seasons going away like Cosby and Dukes of Hazzard - at least not long term.  I guess Dukes of Hazzard going away might in part be because the show sucked balls.  I think her comments won't necessarily create a boycott with the core fans of the old show which at this point is likely 40+ years old and middle America.  The think the network will hide it away for an acceptable period then some network without much going on will start airing episodes late at night.  Hell Cosby was just convicted and I think I saw his show on not too long ago.  But of course I could be wrong.

Not sure if it's just a coincidence, but here in Dallas, the reruns have already been scrubbed.  One of the local channels had Roseanne as the show in the program guide, but they were showing something different when I clicked on it.

5 hours ago, dbecks said:

I was liking the reboot, if just for the nostalgia factor.  It's a damn shame Roseanne can't stop CR-ing it up and screwing over herself (and the entire cast & crew) out of a paycheck for the next year or two.

All of this. I actually liked it. Oh well.

Yep. Check out some of Olbermanns past tweets about the President of the United States and his family. He’s completely unhinged. We all know racism is the third rail but you shouldn’t be able to publicly call the President a Nazi, a motherfucker and other things without any type of repercussions. 

Lat22 posted, apropos of nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Lhorn said:

If you hadn't both started and ended this post with an acknowledgement of your wrongness, I would have negged it for your heretical opinion on The Dukes of Hazzard. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

If you hadn't both started and ended this post with an acknowledgement of your wrongness, I would have negged it for your heretical opinion on The Dukes of Hazzard. 

I stand corrected. Clearly my views about the Dukes is Hazzard are not representative of the views of Surlyhorns. I regret and offense cause by my poorly worded post. 

Did Bo and Luke even have jobs?  Were they all supported by Daisy waitressing at the Boars Nest?  Why are they ok with shooting a stick of dynamite taped to an arrow but guns were not Ok?  So many questions.....

Edited by Lhorn

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just watched episode one.  So DJ married a black female soldier and one of darlene’s Kids is either gay or trans.  They sure gave themselves plenty of material for social commentary, plus how Roseanne died. 

DJ's black wife and Mark's gender fluidness or whatever were both part of season 10.  This wasn't just shoe-horned into The Connors.

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well the reboot of the series I mean. 

Actually, and it was a great Easter Egg, but his wife is Gina from "White Men Can't Kiss" (season 7, episode 9), the episode DJ had to kiss her in a school play, but had issues with it, and Roseanne made a big point that they aren't bigoted against black people and he needed to get over it.

Turns out, they eventually got married.

Hey! Black people are just like us. They're every bit as good as us, and any people who don't think so is just a bunch of banjo-picking, cousin-dating, barefoot embarrassments to respectable white trash like us!

I tried to watch it but it just ain't the same without her.  Roseanne should have thought twice about tweeting late night bad jokes and ABC should have thought twice about getting rid of her in kneejerk fashion.  Either way this shit isn't going too long, they had a good thing going but oh well.