Driveway gravel suggestions.

RowdyVic

Material and delivery. I will spread it myself. Thinking of using clean septic rock.

Closest non crusher place has it at $33.86 per yard. Delivery will be ~$115 per 18yrd load. $725+tax per load. This seems a bit expensive. Finding providers is my biggest problem. Closest quarry would be in Georgetown and I am not sure if ready mix plants sell/delivery rock.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, UTPhil2006 said:

Thought you were moving soon?

2 things will determine it. Interest rate and being able to get a building permit.

I have 3.5% on my mortgage.

If I cant get an add on permit then there is no point of staying in the house. Wife and 2 growing girls with 1 bathroom isn't feasible anymore. We bought the house with the intent of adding on when the time came. But we had no idea about the subdivision plat bs.

On 12/12/2018 at 12:41 AM, RowdyVic said:

Thinking of using clean septic rock.

If you just use plain gravel it will always be loose and gets mushed into the dirt, then you have mud again in a fairly short time. Use road base material instead. It has lime mixed in and will pack into a good hard surface that will far outlast plain gravel. #1 State is the highest grade.

Definitely need road base or remix. using special select as a base will also help with longevity.  If you are manly go rent you a dump trailer and go to your nearest ready mix plant and buy some washout on the cheap.  You guys paying less than $300 a load for rock is that just for the rock? or rock and spread? Ive spent about 20k on rock and building roads---ditching, pipe, clay/sand, rock, etc. I've also built roads by hand using washout. backbreaking work.

• 2 weeks later...

ME Ruby pit is your closest location. It's the one at 1431 and Anderson Mill. For a driveway I'd use road base, which runs $6.20 a ton as of their August pricelist. I would figure the delivery to be $4.50 to $5.50 a ton. If your determinted to use rock, they have a 3"x5" rock that would compact and wouldn't wash away. However it is larger and harder to grade. It will eventually settle out to where you can walk across it. The 3x5 is what is used on all construction entrances into job sites. It runs $10.00 a ton, with delivery being the same.

You can call up to them and ask for dispatch. They can delivery, or they will suggest a trucking company.