Winter 2018 Transfer Thread

MoJames

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Screen-Shot-2019-01-02-at-10-26-53-AM.pn

In late December, a tweet speculated the number was 46 Million POUNDS.

This article says 64 Million EUROS.

I know a little about how to use The Google, and with that, you can find an exchange rate site or 50. On January 2nd, 2019...

Screen-Shot-2019-01-02-at-10-30-24-AM.pn

Don't know why the site changed 64,000,000 to 63,999,999, but close enough.

57,663,679 BRITISH POUNDS (STERLING)

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3741284/chelsea-sign-pulisic-from-dortmund-for-64m-loan-us-star-back-until-summer

7 hours ago, Jograves said:

Has he been loaned out yet?

Pulisic is staying with BvB until the end of the season. They have enough games between the Bundesliga, Champions League, and probably the domestic cup that he will provide depth in the spring. 

After watching a video or two, I’m wondering if Chelsea is going to keep Christian and play him, loan him out, or use him to get Lukaku. 

If they sell him this summer, when 2 to 3 teams might be interested and bid against each other, Chelsea could make a profit without ever playing him. 

3 hours ago, maninblack said:

He was making a joke about Chelsea

Well, it was a Sarri Joke.

(Don't know why they went for Pulisic other than for marketing, considering they need him now, but they won't get him until the summer.)

Chelsea's Sarri unaware of Pulisic deal: I didn't know anything until yesterday

LONDON -- Maurizio Sarri admitted that he was unaware of Chelsea's move to sign Christian Pulisic from Borussia Dortmund until it was completed, but played down the suggestion that he would rather have the United States international now than next summer.

Chelsea confirmed on Wednesday that they have agreed to pay €64 million to sign Pulisic from Dortmund on a five-and-a-half-year contract, but the 20-year-old will spend the rest of the season in Germany.

Speaking after Wednesday's goalless draw against Southampton, Sarri said the club asked his opinion of Pulisic a month ago and he signalled his approval of the winger, but he did not ask to be kept updated on negotiations.

"I didn't know anything about [Chelsea signing] Christian Pulisic yesterday," Sarri told BBC Sport after the game. "The club asked my opinion about him one month ago and my opinion was positive and I knew the deal was done [today] but I didn't know anything. I'm not in charge of the market.

"We have to play every three days so I cannot think of next year, I have to think about the next match."

Sarri is currently short of wing options with Pedro Rodriguez and Callum Hudson-Odoi sidelined by hamstring injuries, and his problems worsened with the first-half withdrawal of Willian following a hefty challenge by Southampton defender Maya Yoshida.

Asked if he would rather have Pulisic now in light of his current squad situation, Sarri replied: "I don't know. I'm not in charge of the market, so for me it's very difficult to speak about the market or the deal of Pulisic. The board knows very well my opinion...

http://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3741878/chelseas-sarri-unaware-of-pulisic-deal-i-didnt-know-anything-until-yesterday

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Pulisic is staying with BvB until the end of the season. They have enough games between the Bundesliga, Champions League, and probably the domestic cup that he will provide depth in the spring. 

After watching a video or two, I’m wondering if Chelsea is going to keep Christian and play him, loan him out, or use him to get Lukaku. 

If they sell him this summer, when 2 to 3 teams might be interested and bid against each other, Chelsea could make a profit without ever playing him. 

Napo... Gawddamnit. 

CFC stuff

CHO and Bayern keeps popping up with the latest stating he has put in a transfer request. Would be sad to see him go if true.

Cesc appears off to Monaco in the winter window, sad to see him go if true.

Cahill appears to be on Fulham's radar.

Pulisic stuff.

Lozano stuff popping up, no reliable sources as of yet, but looks like Chelsea is trying to lock down North America.

21 hours ago, MoJames said:

Lozano stuff popping up, no reliable sources as of yet, but looks like Chelsea is trying to lock down North America.

Translation - Lozano is joining PSV’s training camp late due to ‘private circumstances’

Most people guessing that his has somethinig to do with Callum to CFC.

Stuff around other leagues

Todibo refuses to sign with Manchester City as he wants to play with Barcelona. Toulouse and Barcelona are having talks for a departure in January. Unless he goes on a free at the end of the season

De Jong is practically in agreement with PSG for a move this summer, the club continues to recruit in this winter and Spurs’ Mousa Dembélé is targeted, Ongoing discussions for the 31-year-old DM who already has a verbal agreement with a Chinese club while PSG is trying to dissuade him.

5 hours ago, MoJames said:

Figured I'd put this here with Real Madrid being rumored to be after Eriksen and the ongoing noise of Kane being sought after. If Poch goes to manure, I bet the floodgates open on these players.

And another quote.

"I [...] wish to [...] leave" - Pochettino

Spoiler

"I hope, or I wish to be here 20 years, and decide to leave or to finish my career here," said Pochettino.

link

Heh, most are for selling him for 40mil.

Sevilla want Álvaro Morata and are ready to offer £5m to take the player on loan right now, plus £35m to make the deal permanent in the summer, in order to convince Chelsea to do business. The Blues will try to replace him with Gonzalo Higuaín, also on loan, and will also attempt to sign a midfielder to replace the supposedly departing Cesc Fàbregas, with Zenit Saint Petersburg’s Leandro Paredes and Cagliari’s £45m-rated 21-year-old Nicolò Barella under consideration.

Pietro Balzano: Chelsea has made an important offer for Barella however the player is not convinced about joining the Blues. The Cagliari president is trying to push the player to accept the move.

This guy is apparently Tier 1. Don't exactly disagree with the player.

Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho are the starters

Cesc wandering on

Barkley is depth, RLC is an option but has a back injury, Ampadu can fill in.

Drinkwater is relegated to English Waterboy.

So depending on RLC's injury, he would simply be depth. Apparently he can play all 3 of the positions in Sarri's MF.

11 hours ago, MoJames said:

He is a replacement for Cesc.

We are getting the chubby Argentinian to try to fix the hole created by Morata.

The chubby one actually lost weight before this past World Cup. I haven't followed Milan this year, but he might not be so chubby.

He's solid through the season, you just don't to rely on him in pressure situations.