Shall we talk about heavy music?

Patricio Swayze

On 7/13/2019 at 7:23 PM, I Got Worms said:

Author And Punisher - industrial music in the purest sense. This dude makes his own machines that make those sounds, some pretty interesting shit about his methods on the youtubes. He's playing in Austin next month with 3Teeth.  Gonna need to see that in person.

Saw him play back in 2015. Interesting but didn't hold my interest very long 

On 8/19/2019 at 8:22 AM, Chad said:

Hardwired to self destruct was released in 2016. Each and every single was terrible so I didn't even give the album a listen.

For me, it wasn't so much that it was terrible, rather just so fucking bland and uninspired.  If you're going to compose 6-minute thrash tunes, you better have a shitload of great riffs at the ready.  Thrash started its downward spiral when the songs became lengthier, and I think Metallica bears the culpability for this.

1 hour ago, zlavydra said:

For me, it wasn't so much that it was terrible, rather just so fucking bland and uninspired.  If you're going to compose 6-minute thrash tunes, you better have a shitload of great riffs at the ready.  Thrash started its downward spiral when the songs became lengthier, and I think Metallica bears the culpability for this.

I thrashed your mom for 6 minutes last night 

8 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Got the flu, couldn’t go. But my buddy said Gojira crushed it. I don’t think he got there in time for Behemoth.

I'm sure the first 2 bands were good, but I can't stand Volbeat and Slipknot.  On the other hand, King Diamond's coming to the Tabernacle on November 4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't bother listening to the song, just read the comments they're more enjoyable.

How cringe you want this song to be? Robb: Yes

When mom takes away a kids fortnite.

It sounds like a child wrote his own WWE entrance music.

This song is like a depressed suburban dad who is trying to convince everyone he's still tough and with the times, but fails miserably

It’s nice to see the 50 year old community taking a stand against memes

After hearing this, now I know why his WHOLE band Quit..

Edited by Chad

On 8/12/2019 at 7:30 PM, I Got Worms said:

Cloak - Black 'n' Roll from Atlanta.  I dig. Coming to Austin September 6th opening for Black Tusk and Wo Fat.

I love Cloak. Wore out their 2017 album after I stumbled upon it last year. Got real pumped when this was posted back in August thinking it was a new single before reading the title.  

Fortunately, a new release comes out Friday, and they just uploaded the full album to Youtube:

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I should have taken your advice and not listened, but I did and it was so fucking awful. I had to go cleanse myself with more Eyehategod.

The best part of the song is the part where it ended. I don't know if Robb Flynn is going through some kind of mid-life crisis or what, but damn he needs to get his shit together. His entire band quit on him because they couldn't work with him any longer and he made a spectacle of himself getting into a spat with Edsel from Dope who in turn put Robb in his place.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, zlavydra said:

Saw Power Trip open for High on Fire two weeks ago. So blown away by Power Trip that I said "fuck it" after 4 HOF songs.  They just didn't measure up.  Devil Master was cool as well.

Ya I've seen Power Trip like 8/9 times now, only 3/4 from the latest album, they always kill it.  Devil Master took a while listening for me to get into.