Shall we talk about heavy music?

Patricio Swayze

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

I've been working from home with my home studio setup (Samson Servo 170 power amp, a Roland MX-5 for mixing/preamp/volume control and a pair of Tannoy near-field monitors) and anything with decent production sounds divine on them.

(The MX-5 is a must, really. Things sound good without it, but it's the piece that ties it all together. Like Lebowski's rug.)

I used Tannoys in my recording studio in austin20 years ago. Most studios had a pair. Good little monitors.

As for heavy, lately it has been all Eyehategod for me and a bunch of noise I made a thread for. I just can’t get into this overproduced “heavy” stuff with all the triggered drums. Doesn’t sound heavy at all to me.

Alex Bent has been the biggest upgrade to Trivium. Dude's a beast. Watched a "making the album" video for their last release and they really seemed to write the songs around him.  I'm a guitar player but find myself watching his drum tracks.

Super impressed

10 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I’m sad that it doesn’t look like the lamb of god show in July at COTA is likely to happen. 

The rumor is there won't be any concerts until 2021. I wanted to see the Megadeth/Lamb of god tour and Parkway Drive/Hatebreed.

The new Trivium album is a must listen. This track is a throwback to the Ascendancy days, they did such an amazing job blending their old and new styles together in this album. The lyrics are some of their best work, Matt and Corey's guitars mesh well as expected and the new drummer is top notch. It's difficult to get distracted from Matt and Corey shredding, but that drummer is capable of doing it.

Edited by Chad
Trivium
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...