Shall we talk about heavy music?

Patricio Swayze

On 3/4/2021 at 6:21 AM, Biff Tannen said:

It took me a little while too, but then I heard Sacrament and Walk With Me in Hell and I was hooked.

"Ruin" was my intro to them.  Then grabbed "As The Palaces Burn" and played it continually for a while.  I was also working out back then.  Good times.  I never wound up enjoying the rest of their stuff quite as much as that album.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

49 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

"Ruin" was my intro to them.  Then grabbed "As The Palaces Burn" and played it continually for a while.  I was also working out back then.  Good times.  I never wound up enjoying the rest of their stuff quite as much as that album.

Now that I think about it, Ruin was my first also.  It was on a Headbanger's Ball comp CD.

That same CD introduced me to Unearth, As I Lay Dying, and Killswitch Engage.

Edited by Biff Tannen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was going through some regional metal/hard rock bands to check things out.  I've heard Red Fang before, but for some reason just never saw their videos.  Seems they have a good sense of humor.  Pretty old but I enjoyed it.

Edit:  Holy shit, this one is even better. 

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

49 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Was going through some regional metal/hard rock bands to check things out.  I've heard Red Fang before, but for some reason just never saw their videos.  Seems they have a good sense of humor.  Pretty old but I enjoyed it.

The apparently still have a sense of humor.

On 5/21/2021 at 8:07 AM, MC Fresh Breath said:

Edit:  Holy shit, this one is even better. 

Red Fang is amazing. All of their videos are fantastic - check out "Wires." They are a blast live, too. 

Edited by honolulu horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

^^^

Read the drummer left them recently.  His sound was a pretty big part of me enjoying them, so not sure how that will play out.  Oh well, Matt Pike fuzz guitar and growling should still work.  Was also reminded of them because of this festival happening this year:

spacer.png

Oh man some blasts from the past on there.  Also, Guantanamo Baywatch is a great name.  As is Glacial Tomb.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 9:18 AM, CooterBrown said:

He played at the Lost Well a couple of years ago. Tim Cappello was also on the bill.

Tim is this guy:
giphy.gif

lol, I was at that show. odd, fun. the floor was slippery as shit once TH came on

not gonna call out anyone in particular, but y'all could use some brutal shit up in here. too much black and nu metal up in this bitch. here's some things I discovered during the pandemic:

Fulci - Italian BDM/slam. In absolute love with this album. 

Human Vivisection  - slam from Belgium. Another nearly flawless album - one that even makes you wanna get up and dance at times

Consumed by Vultures - Spanish BDM

Benighted - French BDM/Grind. This album fucks.

and random funny/fun song. way better than the original

Hive - American atmo death. Not my usual cup of tea but something about these guys catches me. I especially like 'Moonlit Eulogy," some really unique drumming on that track

Beaneath the Massacre - Canadian tech death. been a fan of these guys for a while. Just fucking crushingly heavy and fast. Great offering after almost a decade off.

The Black Dahlia Murder - another stellar offering from arguably one of the best melodic death bands out there:

Chordotomy - German BDM/slam. This album came out in 2018 but I didn't discover it until last year

NecroticGoreBeast - more Canadian BDM/slam. Love this album

Scarab - Egyptian death metal. Solid

that's more less it. those albums (and many more not listed) got me through the pandemic. hope one or more of you out there enjoys something up there

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Who decided the font you can't read is metal?

lol, not sure when the unreadable logos came about, but they crack me the fuck up

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Black Dahlia is pretty fucking good.

yeah, consistently great band. they're coming to Austin in September. Gonna try to catch them