Urban Meyer and all of Ohio suck.

Parliament

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Is there bad blood between Herman and Meyer? Meyer threw some shade at Herman during his signing day presser last cycle and OSU seems to negative recruit us pretty hard

Anybody know if there's a story behind it? 

Meyer has a big footprint recruiting in Texas and wants to keep that. He knows how strong Herman is here. 

11 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Is there bad blood between Herman and Meyer? Meyer threw some shade at Herman during his signing day presser last cycle and OSU seems to negative recruit us pretty hard

Anybody know if there's a story behind it? 

Urby tried to do a camp down in Houston last summer..

Herman and a couple other coaches were there to crash the event and put Urbs on notice that the once Padawan is no longer bowing to the master.

My parents are from Ohio and I grew up eating that disgusting pathetic chili. I hated it with a passion. For years I thought I just hated chili. Then one day in high school I stumbled into the Texas Chili Parlor. Game over. 

Edited by Dbeasy

20 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

What the fuck is this shit?  Chili on spaghetti?

It tastes like spaghetti made with chili sauce. My wife is from Louisville and they have a similar version to Cincinnati chili.

I still remember the first time she made it for me at her parents house. She had no idea this was unusual nor did I get any warning about the noodles. My reaction was not good.

wrong_with_you_people_office_space.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you think that's bad, you ought to try Cornhusker vegetarian chili.  It's bean soup with chocolate added to it for "flavor."  This Husker fan I know entered it into an office chili cook-off and - wouldn't you know -  it won (Midwest thing you just wouldn't understand), so now she brings it to every pot luck.  I told my wife that it just won a plurality from people who don't like chili.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

Anyone ever eaten at Skyline Chili? It's a fast food place that specializes in the spaghetti chili and chili dogs. I have a client in Columbus who is a Buckeye and insisted I go there with him for lunch. The one we went to was near the tOSU campus. The food was weird and the coeds I saw were unattractive.

Ohio is shit.

12 minutes ago, F250 said:

Anyone ever eaten at Skyline Chili? It's a fast food place that specializes in the spaghetti chili and chili dogs. I have a client in Columbus who is a Buckeye and insisted I go there with him for lunch. The one we went to was near the tOSU campus. The food was weird and the coeds I saw were unattractive.

Ohio is shit.

Yes, a few years back I had a business trip to Cincinnati and a coworker told me I had to try Skyline..

It wasnt as horrible as I thought it'd be, but I won't be back..and I'll never eat spaghetti covered in what is barely a cut above canned chili that is then smothered in cheese. (I held the onions) Tasted like typical Midwestern poor people food, Texas poor people food (old school Tex-mex combo plate) is far far superior.

Edited by ousux
  • Like 1

I'm just glad Urban was able to recover so quickly and fully from that very scary health condition he came down with right as UF's program was falling apart!  What a scary ordeal for him and his family to endure.

How brave was he to accept the Ohio State job after going through all that?   What a selfless, courageous man. 

I like meat sauce on my spaghetti - emeril's spaghetti sauce + meat. I guess that is different though.

Southern Ohio is okay, like below the line from Parkersburg to Cincinnati. Otherwise, I am not a fan. My dad is from Youngstown which is a boarded up steel town and I have lots of relatives in Columbus. They sucked on my visit to the Texas-Ohio State game in Columbus. Fuck that place.

8 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I like meat sauce on my spaghetti - emeril's spaghetti sauce + meat. I guess that is different though.

Southern Ohio is okay, like below the line from Parkersburg to Cincinnati. Otherwise, I am not a fan. My dad is from Youngstown which is a boarded up steel town and I have lots of relatives in Columbus. They sucked on my visit to the Texas-Ohio State game in Columbus. Fuck that place.

Yep. My dad is from Dayton. Still, Ohio is a shithole in general. Fuck that place indeed.

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Southern Ohio is okay, like below the line from Parkersburg to Cincinnati.

This is absolutely not true at all.  Chillicothe, Moscow, and Gallipolis are disgusting shit holes.  The whole place should be razed and the earth salted.  The only redeeming places nearby are across the river in WV and KY. 

12 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I live near Youngstown, the opposite corner from Cinci, and only ate that chili/spaghetti once, thank goodness! Youngstown is a great place - to be from. Would love to move out ofOhio

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

This is absolutely not true at all.  Chillicothe, Moscow, and Gallipolis are disgusting shit holes.  The whole place should be razed and the earth salted.  The only redeeming places nearby are across the river in WV and KY. 

If true that is sad. Everything around Cleveland sucks. Cincinnati is okay. Newport is nice. I used to go to Cincy from Louisville every so often. I just figured the south would have nice terrain and deer hunting. That part of Kentucky and West Virginia are pretty.

59 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Columbus is an absolute dump.  I went there for a conference while I was grad school and was stunned at how shitty it is.  Guys were selling crack in the middle of the afternoon across the street from their state capitol building.

On the same trip, though, a friend of mine who went to undergrad in Ohio (at Wittenberg College) took me and some other friends up to Yellow Springs.  That's a nice little college town.

Edited by Dirk X West

16 hours ago, Machinator said:

If Herman wins like Urban, I doubt anyone will care.

I hope he wins like Urban, but avoids fake heart attacks like the fake plague. Whatever level of douchebag Herman achieves, faking your own near death in order to run from the outlaw program you've built is the douchiest of douchebag maneuvers.

6 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I'm just glad Urban was able to recover so quickly and fully from that very scary health condition he came down with right as UF's program was falling apart!  What a scary ordeal for him and his family to endure.

How brave was he to accept the Ohio State job after going through all that?   What a selfless, courageous man. 

God works in wonderous ways.