Urban Meyer and all of Ohio suck.

Parliament

57 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Holy shit I didn't realize that was an actual thing

Cincinnati is very efficient at offending as many sensibilities at once as humanly possible.  What most of us would consider "Vic Mackey's Friend's Food" is, in Ohio, a source of state pride. That says everything you need to know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've only been to Ohio twice.

Once was on the way to Morgantown in 2013 for the Riot Bowl.  My cousin and I drove from north Iowa to Cleveland, where a buddy was flying in from Des Moines (he had to be in Cleveland for work the following week).  We had 4 hours to spare, so we got a hotel to get some sleep.  The clerk at the hotel desk demanded to get his entire license plate number, which he didn't have memorized and didn't want to go back out for.  There were about 10 cars there, and my cousin had Arky plates at the time (had been living in Little Rock earlier that year for a work project).  He said to the clerk "It's a VW Passat with Arkansas plates.  I'm guessing it's the only one in the lot."  But the clerk wasn't having it.  Eventually it escalates to the point where I'm pulling my cousin back from the desk because he's ready to go over the partition and start swinging.

By the time he calms down, we sleep for about 3 hours and go get my buddy at the Cleveland airport.  The whole place just looks crumbly.  Afterwards, we go to a Dunkin Donuts to grab coffee, and notice that the cop cars parked there all had rusted out bumpers.  That Rust Belt shit is literal.

The other was this fall for the ISU/Akron game in Akron.  It was kinda dumpy, but we had fun.  Found some good blue collar burger/beer joints.  Had a bit of a run-down East Coast feel to me.  People were fairly friendly, and Yuengling was cheap.  

It's a mixed bag in my experience.  Nothing that truly offended me, but nothing really stuck out as worthy of a return either.

On 3/28/2018 at 6:58 PM, Chooky said:

Instead of being judgmental people should remember all of the times they ruined an entire sport at a major university by stocking it with a herd of sadistic thugs, murderers and thieves and then faking severe illness as a way to get as far from it as possible.

I heard it was gypsies tramps and thieves.    

• 4 weeks later...

Connelly preview: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/7/9/17514458/ohio-state-football-2018-preview-schedule-roster

They're going to be as talented as any team in the country outside Tuscaloosa, AL.

The Big Ten East could be absurd, as four teams are projected 11th or better in S&P+. Plus, Ohio State heads to Arlington to play “at” TCU. And all this with a first-time starter at QB.

And yet, the Buckeyes are projected S&P+ favorites in every game, projected to win by fewer than 11 points in just two (at Penn State, at Michigan State). Despite a schedule that features four opponents projected 22nd or higher, three away from Columbus, they have a 15 percent chance of going 12-0, pretty much the most favorable forecast you’re going to see.

That’s how many toys Meyer, Wilson, and Schiano have. They have a wealth of proven stars — Dobbins, Weber, Hill, Campbell, Jordan, Bosa, Fuller, Arnett, Sheffield — and it seems there are three blue-chip sophomores for every opening, with two blue-chip freshmen after that.

I was one of the bigger Barrett proponents you could find, and I can’t even pretend to be worried about anything in Columbus. Even in one of the country’s most loaded divisions, Ohio State is a runaway favorite.

On 5/12/2018 at 10:42 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Is there anything nice about the entire state of Ohio?

Pro Football HOF is very cool. Summer highs are in the mid-70s. Beyond that...not really.

Edited by Dutch

Y'all don't have to eat at the chili dump when you're visiting Cincinnati. Eli's Barbeque has great pulled pork sandwiches and ribs. Then there's Just Q'in which has good pork and brisket too. Pit to Plate BBQ in Mount Healthy has good barbecue and some really good brisket chili mac.

If your east of Cincinnati in Portsmouth the Ohio Ribber restaurant has some good steaks and other barbecue items cooked over Hickory  fire.

Just some alternatives.

And yes, Ohio State sucks.

Winter usually sucks big time!.. But summers are pretty nice. If your into fishing,  hunting and general outdoor stuff it's not that bad. If youre close to the major cities there are things to do. If not it's pretty much what you expect, run down buildings or farm land. You either love or hate Ohio state though (fuck em). And skyline chili is not the shit. 

9 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I think it was a river in Toledo or Akron that caught fire.  I had a professor in the School of Business who witnessed that as a youth. 

It was the Cuyahoga River, which runs through downtown Cleveland.

https://www.alleghenyfront.org/how-a-burning-river-helped-create-the-clean-water-act/

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 1:36 AM, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, but didn't Dahmer grow up in Milwaukee? Y'all don't have to claim him

I lived minutes from Dahmer’s childhood home in NEOhio.

Charles Manson is from Cincy & Marilyn Manson is from Canton.  The only redeeming quality about Ohio is that there is such a predominant ratio of douchebags that I could bang the best in class chicks with ease.

should also be noted that Urban Meyer has been back 6 years & hasnt had a heart attack nor caught with a coed.. bad tasting food & subpar coeds.

On 7/10/2018 at 11:41 PM, UcancallmeSurly said:

I lived minutes from Dahmer’s childhood home in NEOhio.

Charles Manson is from Cincy & Marilyn Manson is from Canton.  The only redeeming quality about Ohio is that there is such a predominant ratio of douchebags that I could bang the best in class chicks with ease.

should also be noted that Urban Meyer has been back 6 years & hasnt had a heart attack nor caught with a coed.. bad tasting food & subpar coeds.

Give it time on Meyer. It only takes one 8 win season before his "Illness" strikes again, and then he miraculously takes a year off to go coach another team. 

Pretty interesting facts about both Mansons, though. 

http://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/24113360/divers-open-class-action-lawsuit-usa-diving-ohio-state-former-coach

Ohio State diving joins Penn State football, Michigan State gymnastics, and Ohio State wrestling.

What's the new nickname for the Big Ten. The #MeTen? Big Metoo? Somebody help me with this one.

Edited by Huckleberry

On 3/28/2018 at 11:39 AM, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

This is absolutely not true at all.  Chillicothe, Moscow, and Gallipolis are disgusting shit holes.  The whole place should be razed and the earth salted.  The only redeeming places nearby are across the river in WV and KY. 

+1

I had to travel to a town called Coal Grove, OH for work.  It's near where Kentucky, Ohio and West Virginia all meet.  It is an absolute dump.  My dad's redneck family from Louisiana would be appalled.  Crossing the river to Huntington, WV was a like a breath of fresh air.

On 5/12/2018 at 10:42 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Is there anything nice about the entire state of Ohio?

Of course not.  Just read one of those top 10 lists on FB.  It was top 10 cities in America for bed bugs.  Of course 3 of the cities were in Ohio.