Urban Meyer and all of Ohio suck.

Parliament

Watched the interview with the ex wife and here are some notes relevant to Herman and Beck: 
- The wives and coaches knew about the toxic relationship and issues, but not all of them knew about the physical abuse. It wasn't something she wanted to tell people about.
- She came forward about the physical abuse to Shelley Meyer in 2015 after the divorce (and maybe some other unnamed wives as well)
- Shelley said she was going to tell Urban

I haven't seen or heard anyone else other than the one guy on the tOSU board saying that Michelle Herman was a source, although it's still possible

11W is keeping their opinion to themselves and (finally) doing a good job of reporting facts. Can't post the whole works, but here are the links and a few screenshots.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/08/94810/ohio-state-left-with-tough-decisions-to-make-after-placing-urban-meyer-on-paid-administrative-leave

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/08/94807/former-ohio-state-players-react-to-urban-meyers-paid-administrative-leave

Bobby Carpenter (yeah that guy formerly of the Cowboys) has a local radio show and he was very critical of Urby today.

And the University suspended Urby 8 hours after the new revelations. Pardon me for applauding their handling of all of today's events. 5c7cd0a470d5ce875c6fb01ba74fa2d8.jpg669f19763e3d182b34dab54a70edcce5.jpg

I should have been, but I was with my buddy who is an Ohio State fan (he got the tickets), so people didn’t fuck with me. Still surprising they didn’t, looking back on it.

I’m sure y’all have as many stories as I do of bad shit that happened that night. Most of my friends weren’t nearly as lucky. Fuck that place. 

• Like 1

^^ Chills. I was first row upper deck right between the goal posts in that end zone. \m/

I was there too. About 12 of us. Guys only. The walk to the hotel room (no way to get a ride) was horrible. Saw several fights after the game but they were all osu v osu.

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Who? What? How? Why?

Holy crap! This is a pretty fucking big deal, no?

@smartfootball is an excellent twitter follow - he has quite a few coaching connections and has posted a lot of older playbooks from college/pro teams - this is the most recent one I've seen him post, but I'm guessing he's got playbooks for a lot of current college teams.  Guess he just got tired of Urban's bullshit.

I dl'ed a copy of the book of plays - if you can't find it anywhere, let me know... it's a .zip file with a shitload of .pdfs of play sets including diagrams and basic responsibilities.

I think MensaTom himself mentioned that there is a huge difference between a Playbook and a Book of Plays. Everybody has the latter, and other than specific formations, everybody has almost all the same plays. I always saw GDGD as having a Book of Plays which he selected from more or less at random. In fact, that seems to be more  the norm than the exception for OCs. Harsin had a coherent plan, Major not so much and he doesn't seem to have learned from Harsin. Watson and Beck both appear to be Book of Plays guys. Hopefully MensaTom will offset Beck's reliance on random number generation this season and find an OC who can cohere the mess. We'll see.

Back on track: FUM

That said, it's a giant list of every reasonable play known to mankind

14 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Didn't Urban Meyer very publicly trash our head coach just last season?  tomhermantexascurse.jpg

Purposely misconstrued Herman’s words in an effort to gain recruits. Publicly throwing a former assistant who help you win a natty under the bus is a scumbag move. Media & alot Longhorns fans on this very website (you know who you are) kissed his ass and we’re talking about getting rid of Herman.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

^^ Chills. I was first row upper deck right between the goal posts in that end zone. \m/

I was lower deck other endzone. Still awesome.

10 hours ago, Shmitty said:

I bet you were nervous to leave that stadium.  

Yes, had security involved during the game due to POS OSU fans behind me.

14 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Purposely misconstrued Herman’s words in an effort to gain recruits. Publicly throwing a former assistant who help you win a natty under the bus is a scumbag move. Media & alot Longhorns fans on this very website (you know who you are) kissed his ass and we’re talking about getting rid of Herman.

So true. Meyer's comments were a real eye-opener for me about what kind of a Urban really is. And Herman played it great refusing to stoop to Urban Meyer's low level. I  hope he goes down hard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And...that leaked offensive playbook was the playbook Herman used his last year here. Tom Herman, you crafty devil!

5 minutes ago, Parliament said:
19 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

And...that leaked offensive playbook was the playbook Herman used his last year here. Tom Herman, you crafty devil!

* book of plays

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I would like to applaud Parliament for condemning Meyer and not going all Penn State/Baylor. 

I'll second this.  He's been around a long time and he's smart enough to know, no matter what his opinion is, he has two options.  Jump on board for the gang bang or don't say a damn thing.  I suppose the other option is go all Unkle Fuker and become a pariah around here.   

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

I dl'ed a copy of the book of plays - if you can't find it anywhere, let me know... it's a .zip file with a shitload of .pdfs of play sets including diagrams and basic responsibilities.

I think MensaTom himself mentioned that there is a huge difference between a Playbook and a Book of Plays. Everybody has the latter, and other than specific formations, everybody has almost all the same plays. I always saw GDGD as having a Book of Plays which he selected from more or less at random. In fact, that seems to be more  the norm than the exception for OCs. Harsin had a coherent plan, Major not so much and he doesn't seem to have learned from Harsin. Watson and Beck both appear to be Book of Plays guys. Hopefully MensaTom will offset Beck's reliance on random number generation this season and find an OC who can cohere the mess. We'll see.

Back on track: FUM

That said, it's a giant list of every reasonable play known to mankind

Bill Snyder made specific mention during media days of having pretty much everything in the playbook at KSU regardless or coordinator, that it was the staff’s job to identify what their players could do during the Spring and Fall practice, and then the season’s playbook was installed based on ability. 

That playbook is volumous,  but it gets narrowed down a good bit based one what the team can actually do (as long as Beck/Watson aren’t ignoring that principle) and what each defense does each week. A lot of adjustments are probably ignored week to week based on defensive tendencies for front and coverage. Still, you can see why it takes a lot of time for systems to take hold and be second nature for players and programs. 

• 3 months later...