Urban Meyer and all of Ohio suck.

Parliament

• 2 months later...
SAS: "Haskins is more of a runner than a passer."
Haskins' senior stats: 4,831 passing yards / 50 passing TDs, 108 rushing yards and 4 rushing TDs.

At this point, they have to be doing it to SAS on purpose, right? It's like Screamin' Stephen said "hey, I have a segment coming up on Haskins. Send me all his highlights." And the back room is like "this fucking guy... Send him all the running TDs and one passing TD." Then SAS doesn't lift a finger after that and runs his mouth on TV.

27 minutes ago, Eastwood said:
6 hours ago, satyanash said:
Haskins' senior stats: 4,831 passing yards / 50 passing TDs, 108 rushing yards and 4 rushing TDs.

At this point, they have to be doing it to SAS on purpose, right? It's like Screamin' Stephen said "hey, I have a segment coming up on Haskins. Send me all his highlights." And the back room is like "this fucking guy... Send him all the running TDs and one passing TD." Then SAS doesn't lift a finger after that and runs his mouth on TV.

let.gif

On 11/15/2018 at 4:13 PM, SwanderedTalent said:

Would trigger millions, millions, in 2019. As it should.

Belushi and Gilda were the absolute best. Well before my time, but my parents made sure I knew who they were. 

I don't get the Urban to USC in 2020 nonsense. Yes it's the most mercenary move ever, but completely out of Urb's and USC's comfort zones. 

I think USC booster gets that Jeff Fisher sucks, but they still love Jack Del Rio. They won't hire outside of the LA Country Club circuit. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, satyanash said:

Wasn't there one or two games earlier in the season where Ohio State tried to run some RPOs with Haskins and he was just horrible?

I feel like either they were designed runs or RPOs and it was just shocking how poor of a runner he was. I mean like Case McCoy sitting at home laughing on his couch because Haskins was so bad level of suckage as a runner.

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Wasn't there one or two games earlier in the season where Ohio State tried to run some RPOs with Haskins and he was just horrible?

I feel like either they were designed runs or RPOs and it was just shocking how poor of a runner he was. I mean like Case McCoy sitting at home laughing on his couch because Haskins was so bad level of suckage as a runner.

Ah, you're crazy. He wasn't as good a runner as the other QBs they started under Meyer-- he was bad at the mesh read (or told not to keep it) and didn't do much on designed QB runs, but he could scramble. They wouldn't have beaten Maryland (lulz) without his running.

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I don't get the Urban to USC in 2020 nonsense. Yes it's the most mercenary move ever, but completely out of Urb's and USC's comfort zones. 

I think USC booster gets that Jeff Fisher sucks, but they still love Jack Del Rio. They won't hire outside of the LA Country Club circuit. 

I don't know, you can have your comfort zone as a program and still say "but this is one we have to do" if a coach with Meyer's record comes along. 

The guy had 17 teams and only two of them lost as many as four games (one was 9-4, one was 8-5). That's hard to pass up as a floor for your program's W-L record.

Anyone ever eaten at Skyline Chili? It's a fast food place that specializes in the spaghetti chili and chili dogs. I have a client in Columbus who is a Buckeye and insisted I go there with him for lunch. The one we went to was near the tOSU campus. The food was weird and the coeds I saw were unattractive.

Ohio is shit.
Nope. They have em in Lauderdale and Sunrise. Never went. Snake and Shake sells that shit too. Their burgers suck and so di there fries. Never tried their 'chili'. Shakes are good tho.

• 1 month later...

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2019/03/103132/former-ohio-state-receiver-corey-smith-jr-arrested-for-aggravated-robbery-warrant-and-firing-shots

Former Ohio State receiver Corey Smith Jr. was arrested on Saturday for several warrants, including aggravated robbery in Akron, as well as firing shots.

Columbus Police investigated the area of 1727 Cordell Ave. on Saturday morning, conducting a ShotSpotter follow-up, according to the CPD Facebook page. ShotSpotter is "an advanced system of sensors, algorithms and artificial intelligence to detect, locate and alert police to gunfire."

According to the Columbus Police Department, Smith claimed to know nothing about shots being fired, but officers found shell casings behind 1731 E. 26th Ave. and an investigation led them back to the address where officers learned there was a party the night before.

WHAT DID URBAN KNOW AND WHEN DID HE KNOW IT?!

On 3/12/2019 at 9:57 AM, Machinator said:

They have Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush. Lendale White going to be the sideline reporter?

And when is Fox or any other network going to learn. The magic ESPN created (or used to create) was from no name people. Their personalities made them famous. Kirk Herbstreit was a no-name afterthought in college and because famouse BECAUSE of the show. Same with Lee Corso. (I know someone will come along and say they were known people but back then average joe fan had no fucking idea who Lee Corso or Kirk Herbstreit were). 

It's the same reason Desmond Howard isn't as accepted. He was famous before the show. 

Fox adding a bunch of "names" isn't going to do shit. It's going to be an empty souless jerkoff, and it will fail miserably. 

• 1 month later...

Backup QB graduate transfer to Suckeyes.....

Ex-Kentucky QB Hoak transfers to Ohio State

Ohio State is adding quarterback Gunnar Hoak, a graduate transfer from Kentucky.  Hoak, who last week entered the NCAA transfer portal, announced Saturday on Twitter that he had accepted an offer to join the Buckeyes. He's set to graduate from Kentucky next week and will have two years of eligibility remaining.

Ohio State needed a quarterback after redshirt freshman Matthew Baldwin entered the transfer portal earlier this month. Hoak redshirted at Kentucky in 2016, did not play any games in 2017 and appeared in five games last season, completing 13 of 26 passes for 167 yards and two touchdowns.  Sophomore Justin Fields, a transfer from Georgia, is expected to start for Ohio State this season.

"Ever since I was born at OSU hospital, some aspect of my life has always involved scarlet and gray," Hoak wrote in his Twitter post. "And while I have gained so much experience during my time in Lexington, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to continue a family legacy."  Hoak's father, Frank; uncle Fred Pagac; and cousin Fred Pagac Jr. all played at Ohio State. The elder Pagac was an assistant coach for the Buckeyes from 1978 to 2000 before beginning a lengthy run in the NFL, most recently as Denver Broncos outside linebackers coach in 2017. Fred Pagac Jr. was a reserve linebacker who played for Ohio State's national championship team in 2002.  Gunnar Hoak grew up near Ohio State's campus but was not offered a scholarship following his career at Dublin Coffman High School.

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Stunning that nothing is Off The Table for Reggie Bush. Off the Table. Under the Table. Bush don't give a fuck. Reggie Bush specializes in back room dealings. 

The only real question is, who paid for the table? Because I guarantee you Reggie Bush ain't payin' for his own damn table.

On 3/19/2019 at 6:49 AM, Neonmoon said:

They have Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush. Lendale White going to be the sideline reporter?

And when is Fox or any other network going to learn. The magic ESPN created (or used to create) was from no name people. Their personalities made them famous. Kirk Herbstreit was a no-name afterthought in college and because famouse BECAUSE of the show. Same with Lee Corso. (I know someone will come along and say they were known people but back then average joe fan had no fucking idea who Lee Corso or Kirk Herbstreit were). 

It's the same reason Desmond Howard isn't as accepted. He was famous before the show. 

Fox adding a bunch of "names" isn't going to do shit. It's going to be an empty souless jerkoff, and it will fail miserably. 

Maybe, but Jesse Palmer is a total cunt gasbag and I never heard of his stupid fucking face before he got on tv to give us all his hot takes...

They should bring back Trev Alberts.  I hated that motherfucker, but loved to watch especially when he had to eat shit when Vince shoved it up Nebraska and Jamal Lord’s ass.

ESPN’s problem is they have evolved into virtue signaling fuckheads and nobody wants to hear that shit when they tune in to watch sports.  ESPN can suck it.

Edited by Fondren & Main

• 5 weeks later...

Urban: “I’m not a fan of the new recruiting calendar.”

By Zach Barnett -

May 31, 2019

Health-related concerns, driven largely by an existential fear of failure, pushed Urban Meyer out of football, for the third time, at age 54. It wasn’t as if the man forgot how to coach the game — his last team went 13-1, won the Big Ten and the Rose Bowl, and finished No. 3 in both polls.  And it wasn’t as if he fell out of love with football or coaching. Since leaving the sideline in January, Meyer has worked as something of a mentor for other Ohio State coaches, co-taught a class on leadership and this fall he’ll work on FOX’s beefed up pre-game show. The man is simply addicted to leadership, to young people and to the game of football — his body just wouldn’t allow him to combine all those loves into one roll as Ohio State’s head coach any longer.

Another thing that pushed him out of the game in his prime? The new recruiting calendar.  Starting last year, the NCAA allowed schools to host recruits on official visits beginning in the spring of their junior year. Paired with the December singing period, it was part of the NCAA’s move to update its recruiting calendar to the times, and it immediately became part of the chicken-and-egg debate inherent to all of recruiting: Should schools push the calendar forward because players are making decisions earlier and earlier, or are players making decisions earlier because schools are pushing them to do so?    You’d be hard pressed to find a coach who publicly celebrated their newfound ability to host spring official visits, and Meyer wasn’t one of them.

He didn’t come out and say the new recruiting calendar helped push him to an early retirement in a recent interview with the Columbus Dispatch, but it wasn’t hard to put two and two together.  “I loved recruiting,” he said. ”(But) it was 24/7. I never really went on vacation. I never really left recruiting. The whole new rules … last year was awful. You were having official visits every weekend. We went to Hyde Park steakhouse like four weekends in a row (hosting recruits). We love Hyde Park, but after a while Shelley and I looked at each other like, ‘What are we doing?’ We were missing our son’s baseball games.”  Nate Meyer is a freshman on the University of Cincinnati baseball team.

“I’m not a fan of the new recruiting calendar,” he said. “I was in on the meetings for 3-4 years. (I asked), ‘Are we sure we want to do this?’ Now everybody’s making their decision before their senior year. High school coaches, that’s not good for them because players kind of start to maybe shut it down at times (once they’ve committed).”  Meyer hasn’t completely closed the door on returning to college football. After all, he is only 54, he clearly loves to coach, and he’s really, really good at it. The entire college football world views his retirement with the skepticism of friends reacting to the breakup of a long-term relationship: These two may drive each other crazy, but they clearly can’t live without each other. Let’s see if this sticks. 

And who can blame us? Urban quit once before — twice before, actually — and came back both times. What’s different about his third so-called retirement?  Well, the recruiting calendar is different. If Urban popped up again at USC, or Notre Dame, or Toledo, he’d have to deal with the same recruiting calendar that helped drive him out of the game in the first place…. or the third place.

Edited by LTtxfan

33 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Urban: “I’m not a fan of the new recruiting calendar.”

By Zach Barnett -

May 31, 2019

Health-related concerns, driven largely by an existential fear of failure, pushed Urban Meyer out of football, for the third time, at age 54. It wasn’t as if the man forgot how to coach the game — his last team went 13-1, won the Big Ten and the Rose Bowl, and finished No. 3 in both polls.  And it wasn’t as if he fell out of love with football or coaching. Since leaving the sideline in January, Meyer has worked as something of a mentor for other Ohio State coaches, co-taught a class on leadership and this fall he’ll work on FOX’s beefed up pre-game show. The man is simply addicted to leadership, to young people and to the game of football — his body just wouldn’t allow him to combine all those loves into one roll as Ohio State’s head coach any longer.

Another thing that pushed him out of the game in his prime? The new recruiting calendar.  Starting last year, the NCAA allowed schools to host recruits on official visits beginning in the spring of their junior year. Paired with the December singing period, it was part of the NCAA’s move to update its recruiting calendar to the times, and it immediately became part of the chicken-and-egg debate inherent to all of recruiting: Should schools push the calendar forward because players are making decisions earlier and earlier, or are players making decisions earlier because schools are pushing them to do so?    You’d be hard pressed to find a coach who publicly celebrated their newfound ability to host spring official visits, and Meyer wasn’t one of them.

He didn’t come out and say the new recruiting calendar helped push him to an early retirement in a recent interview with the Columbus Dispatch, but it wasn’t hard to put two and two together.  “I loved recruiting,” he said. ”(But) it was 24/7. I never really went on vacation. I never really left recruiting. The whole new rules … last year was awful. You were having official visits every weekend. We went to Hyde Park steakhouse like four weekends in a row (hosting recruits). We love Hyde Park, but after a while Shelley and I looked at each other like, ‘What are we doing?’ We were missing our son’s baseball games.”  Nate Meyer is a freshman on the University of Cincinnati baseball team.

“I’m not a fan of the new recruiting calendar,” he said. “I was in on the meetings for 3-4 years. (I asked), ‘Are we sure we want to do this?’ Now everybody’s making their decision before their senior year. High school coaches, that’s not good for them because players kind of start to maybe shut it down at times (once they’ve committed).”  Meyer hasn’t completely closed the door on returning to college football. After all, he is only 54, he clearly loves to coach, and he’s really, really good at it. The entire college football world views his retirement with the skepticism of friends reacting to the breakup of a long-term relationship: These two may drive each other crazy, but they clearly can’t live without each other. Let’s see if this sticks. 

And who can blame us? Urban quit once before — twice before, actually — and came back both times. What’s different about his third so-called retirement?  Well, the recruiting calendar is different. If Urban popped up again at USC, or Notre Dame, or Toledo, he’d have to deal with the same recruiting calendar that helped drive him out of the game in the first place…. or the third place.

Yeah the recruiting calendar drove him out of coaching. Because the calendar was hanging on the wall of Zach’s office next to pile of boxes of sex toys.

On 2/8/2019 at 11:30 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Would trigger millions, millions, in 2019. As it should.

Belushi and Gilda were the absolute best. Well before my time, but my parents made sure I knew who they were. 

I think most USC fans/ alumni/ boosters would feel more comfortable with a return of Pete Carroll to the Trojans, than the stink around Urban Meyer...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Say what you want but Urban gets the Ohio Stste - Michigan rivalry.   His Gold Pants speech today. 

Humbled to be in front of you again. I’ve been part of this rivalry since I was this big [holds hand up to waist]. So I get really upset when I see people come into the program and they don’t appreciate it, they don’t respect it, and, uh, that bothers me.

And I can speak on behalf of you guys who have been here. I cannot speak on behalf of you guys in the back because you don’t yet. Some of you know a little bit about it. But this is a rivalry that in the 10-Year War, there was guy named Bo Schembechler who was the coach at the Team Up North, he’s actually from Ohio. And then a guy named Woody Hayes, and he was the coach here.

And I lived that rivalry in 1986-87 when I was a coach here and I lived this rivalry away coaching in other places. Came back here and, and I’ve been at USC vs. Notre Dame, Florida vs. Georgia, Florida vs. Florida State, and all due respect to all of them out there - that ain’t anything like this.

So it really bothered me when I heard a player for the other team come out and guarantee wins, and Revenge Tours, and shit like that, and I remember those days and my head almost popped off my shoulders. That’s disrespecting the rivalry. And I think - everyone listen real close, this is in our DNA, this will never change: How do you really show respect for a rivalry?

Think about it. Very simple question, complicated answer. How do you show respect for a rivalry?

Is it a tee shirt, is it uh - some guy, that Kamara (Ed. Meyer likely meant Michigan running back Karan Higdon, not Saints running back Alvin Kamara) that asshole that said they were going to win the game and said “I guarantee it” or that defensive end, really good player, Revenge Tour Almost Done so he’s going to group us with Wisconsin or Penn State or something like that?

How do you really show respect for a rivalry? And all due respect, maybe some up there don’t understand that. You work that [expletive] every day. Every day. You walk in that staff room - this is for the new coaches, you know who they recruit. You know what they’re doing every day. What I ask Mark Pantoni - who are they recruiting? Who are they going after? What is their practice schedule? What are they doing? Are we outworking them?

So I’ll say this again. How do you respect a rivalry? You work it every day. You don’t shoot your mouth off. If I ever hear, whatever’s going on, I hear a player take a shot verbally at them - that’s a problem. How do you show respect for a rivalry? You work it every [expletive] day. Not by tee shirts. Not by bullshit.

When I see people giggle about how we don’t wear blue in here - I don’t laugh about that. We don’t have blue pens in here. That’s not funny. This is Nike vs. Adidas, this is Coke vs. Pepsi, this is Ohio State vs the Team Up North. This is our livelihood.

So if you're new to the program - welcome to the program. Understand where you’re at. This is not a game. This is not silly. This is a way of life. There’s a bunch of former players in the back [of the room] that lived it. As you move up, you live it. This is who you are.

You never lose to those pricks. Ever. Ever. And you work it every day. And I don’t give a shit if you’re from California or Texas or whatever, as soon as you say you’re a Buckeye this is part of your life for the rest of your life - and you don’t lose to those pricks. You beat them every day. Every day.

This will always be a player’s program. What you guys did in that game, to put a beating on that team like they’ve never had a beating before in the history of that program - very good program, by the way - you notice how we talk about them, right? Is that a good program up there? Great program. Good players up there? Great players. Great coaches? Great coaches.

That’s the way you respect a rivalry. Then you outwork them and then you kick that ass like it’s never been kicked before. And that’s what you did."

• Like 3