Urban Meyer and all of Ohio suck.

Parliament

From /r/CFB

I dont know if any one will see this, but Ive caught flak here and been downvoted before for calling out Urban and his bag man & fixer that handled shady shit for him. Ive even said the guys name in here and on discord, and low and behold the guy appears in this story...

A few days after Zach’s 2009 arrest, Courtney said two of Meyer’s closest friends – Hiram de Fries and Earle Bruce – asked her to drop the charges. Bruce is Zach Smith’s grandfather, de Fries is Meyer’s “life coach.”

That guy is still with Urban, and he is the guy that covered up shady shit for urban in the past.

edit:

On a July morning in 2009, Courtney Smith sat across the table from de Fries, a former attorney and Shell Oil executive. Courtney said de Fries pressured her to drop the charges.

That aint the first time he has been involved in things like this. The real story is there for any journalist willing to dig into that guy.

edit2: https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurphy/posts/2042037522486968

“Zach once told me,” said Courtney, “if he ever got fired and this all comes out: ‘I’ll take everyone at Ohio State down with me.’ ”

this guy knows dirt. I expect Mueller to be speaking with him soon.

Supposedly, that post is by a former Florida Gators player.

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This is their out:  tOSU will blame it on the Urbs' wife, since she's the one Smith's wife told the about the incidents, and she failed to report it under Title IX.  They'll fire her.   Urbs might get a slap on the wrist (fine and maybe suspended for games 1 & 2).  

Link to article

The following excerpt is a teaser for the article from the Rolling Stone website:

In college his coach (then-University of Florida head coach Urban Meyer) may have helped cover up failed drug tests, along with two violent incidents — an assault and a drive-by shootout outside a local bar.

Yahoo is claiming that Rolling Stone is about to release an article claiming Urban covered up an assault and drive-by shooting by Aaron Hernandez while at Florida...

Edited by CBHorn
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I could totally see Ohio State dump UM and go after Stoops. Bring home another native son to clean up this disaster? No brainer. 

Stoops didn’t exactly run a domestic violence free program...

Edited by SDG

10 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't think his problems involved any assistant coaches. Hey, who can control these kids today, right???! /s

Yes. Mike Leach, Mark Mangino, Bo Pelini, and Kevin Wilson are renowned for being problem-free limbs of the Stoops coaching tree.

This seems pretty damning - so OSU knew about the 2015 incident as well:

Terry Thomas, an attorney who used to represent Courtney Smith, said Columbus attorney Larry James reached out to him in 2015 seeking information about the incident between Zach and Courtney Smith. James served as Ohio State's lead counsel to represent student-athletes in NCAA investigations.

"He called me and asked, 'How bad is it?'" Thomas told McMurphy. "I said, 'It's bad.' I assume he wanted the information so he could report this back to his client."

Thomas confirmed the conversation with James to ESPN.

49 minutes ago, Dutch said:

This is their out:  tOSU will blame it on the Urbs' wife, since she's the one Smith's wife told the about the incidents, and she failed to report it under Title IX.  They'll fire her.   Urbs might get a slap on the wrist (fine and maybe suspended for games 1 & 2).  

Urban is going to be fired just like Briles at Baylor, claiming ignorance is no longer an acceptable defense.

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This seems pretty damning - so OSU knew about the 2015 incident as well:

In McMurphy's full story it states that James specifically did not forward information to Ohio State because he was acting as Smith's attorney at the time (attorney-client privilege) so there's an out on that one.

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

A good Ohio State makes a shit ton more money than a good Baylor, but I hope you're right.

True.  But Ohio State can also be good without Urban, whereas Baylor was irrelevant for decades before Briles showed up.  They "need" Meyer less than Baylor needed Briles.