Urban Meyer and all of Ohio suck.

Parliament

17 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

I do not endorse the authenticity of this article, just passing along the latest rumor(s)...

Stoops-to-OSU would not shock me. I've heard from a couple of OU folks that him leaving -- at least the timing of it -- was not exactly his decision.

4 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

SEC needs to step its game up.  They might have just lost the "most deplorable conference" trophy to the Big 10's East Division alone (tOSU, Sparty, PSU).

Sheesh... I almost coughed up my gyro & chips... 

1 hour ago, pepper brooks said:

Ohio is the Florida of the rust belt. 

^ This

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Meyer is either going to have to sellout his wife or tell the truth. I wonder what he will choose? 

He's going to throw her under the bus and she won't do or say anything about it because Urban is her cash cow.  

7 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Waiting for Kirk Herbstreit to weigh in on Twitter.  Silence is deafening.

Fuck Kirk, the amount of power he has been given at espn re:cfb is comical. Nothing new with tosu, they'll just shift and go with some new propaganda while they quarantine Urbs at Scioto. 

15 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Stoops-to-OSU would not shock me. I've heard from a couple of OU folks that him leaving -- at least the timing of it -- was not exactly his decision.

I think I recall a rumor on a concern of Stoops health, but I could be way off...

6 minutes ago, Hozz said:

As I've stated previously, I don't think Herman or Beck are culpable in any way because neither was in a position to discipline Smith, but this is the first thing I've seen written that indicates Herman and Beck likely knew about Smith's actions:

“All the (coaches) wives knew,” Courtney said. “They all did. Every single one.”

7 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

*You're

Thank you, sometimes it's far easier to think/ speak the sentence, than to think & type... As I am aware that grammar is key in communication over the interwebs... 

Edited by kopp0e

4 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Listening to a radio station in Colombus and the host is literally the most tone deaf piece of shit I've ever heard.  "Does he get a pass?  I hope so.  Zach Smith was never convicted of domestic violence by police anywhere prior to this incident!"

Baylor level right there. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000566982/article/meyer-criticizes-fsus-handling-of-winstons-crablegs-theft

In an appearance on Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, Meyer kept his comments brief, but to the point, when O'Reilly mentioned the incident in which Winston was given a civil citation for taking crab legs from a Tallahassee, Fla., Publix grocery store without paying for them.

"It would have been hard to let that go," Meyer said.

Host Bill O'Reilly then put a few words in Meyer's mouth, saying "Alright, so you would have gotten rid of him," to which Meyer didn't respond.

4 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Way too often people confuse not being convicted/charged with being innocent, especially in the circumstances.  You are guilty of something the moment you do it, not the first time you get caught doing it.

That is true, but legally it is far different than being convicted by a person's own consciousness...

13 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Listening to a radio station in Colombus and the host is literally the most tone deaf piece of shit I've ever heard.  "Does he get a pass?  I hope so.  Zach Smith was never convicted of domestic violence by police anywhere prior to this incident!"

97.1 The Fan was not so nice.  

5 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

That is true, but legally it is far different than being convicted by a person's own consciousness...

Don't have to be convicted to get fired...  it's a morals thing.  Urbs was suppose to report POTENTIAL abuse, not wait for an indictment.

24 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

As I've stated previously, I don't think Herman or Beck are culpable in any way because neither was in a position to discipline Smith, but this is the first thing I've seen written that indicates Herman and Beck likely knew about Smith's actions:

Eh, I don't think that's established yet. Courtney Smith said all the coaches wives knew, but it's not clear if she's talking about after the 2015 incident (when Herman wasn't there) or the reports between 2012 and 2015 (when Herman would've been there)

30 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Your probably correct... I wonder if the AD at Kansas would fire Beaty to hire Meyers..?

They might be the only D1 power conference team willing to take on all that baggage.  What's the NCAA gonna do if Meyer screws up at Kansas, give their football program the death penalty?  Can't kill what's already dead.

Edited by Captain Obvious

10 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

They might be the only D1 power conference willing to take on all that baggage.  What's the NCAA gonna do if Meyer screws up at Kansas, give their football program the death penalty?  Can't kill what's already dead.

Edited by Etexhorn13
What is dead may never die

15 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

They might be the only D1 power conference team willing to take on all that baggage.  What's the NCAA gonna do if Meyer screws up at Kansas, give their football program the death penalty?  Can't kill what's already dead.

Kansas football:

6IQR-1b8Wkl1B5uZc_ingKvnEU3yX5044vWwfMEc