Kansas State hires North Dakota State's Chris Klieman as head coach

Machinator

8 minutes ago, Goodman said:

That was great TV.

KState should be up 28 points, just get the win. This plus KU's win and if WV can pull it off are great for us all.

KState looks well coached, they just have some idiots on the field.

Pretty good group of coaches in the B12 now, if everyone stays put for a couple of years the B12 might become the best conference again.  

11 minutes ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

XII off to a good start for the week! Saw an oldtimer with a purple XII sign on the tube. Go state!

Not just any old timer.  That is Weird Robert.  I graduated K-State in 1988 and I remember him in the stands then.  He has been to every K-State game home or away since at least when Snyder was first hired and probably before that.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

Weird Robert must be pretty wealthy. 

Scott Wilson got pissed when someone referred to that guy as the KState Scott Wilson.  hes not called weird robert for nothing. dude is almost assuredly on some sort of spectrum. 

Hes not a bad guy, but he acts off, and asks a lot of socially awkward questions at tailgates. 

47 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Not just any old timer.  That is Weird Robert.  I graduated K-State in 1988 and I remember him in the stands then.  He has been to every K-State game home or away since at least when Snyder was first hired and probably before that.  

Man, now I am thinking about the eccentric ones when I was there. Terry Shue, Aggieville Billy, Sage, etc. 

• 5 months later...

Scottie-Hazleton.jpg?fit=1200,619&ssl=1

According to GoPowercat, Kansas State expects defensive coordinator Scottie Hazelton to leave for the same job at Michigan State for an offer the Wildcats “can’t match.”

Hazelton made $550,000 to coordinate K-State’s defense in 2019, which, as we’ve shown this month, is position coach money for the richest programs — which now includes Michigan State. Tucker has $6 million to spend on his assistant salary pool, a whopping $2.5 million more than Klieman has to fill the same 10 spots at Kansas State.

https://footballscoop.com/news/report-mel-tucker-expected-to-pluck-away-power-5-defensive-coordinator/

Edited by LTtxfan

Kansas State: Safeties coach Joe Klanderman is being promoted to defensive coordinator, per multiple reports. He replaces Scottie Hazelton who left to become the defensive coordinator at Michigan State.

Edited by LTtxfan

On 3/2/2020 at 9:00 AM, LTtxfan said:

Kansas State: Safeties coach Joe Klanderman is being promoted to defensive coordinator, per multiple reports. He replaces Scottie Hazelton who left to become the defensive coordinator at Michigan State.

Kansas State: Syracuse linebackers coach Steve Stanard will be the new linebackers coach at K-State Pete Thamel has tweeted.

• 3 months later...

The Athletic article had some more details. A couple players got back to town on Friday, were tested but didn't get their results until monday when they came back positive. Those players hung out with some other players over the weekend so they had to retest 55 players who had contact with the infected players, 6 of the retests came back positive. 

Its going to be a long year. 

I'll say it again... you cannot contain a highly contagious virus playing football... and by playing, i mean doing anything in a football team setting.

the only position or position group that even has a slight chance to keep any distance is QB...

5 hours ago, Snacks said:

I'll say it again... you cannot contain a highly contagious virus playing football... and by playing, i mean doing anything in a football team setting.

the only position or position group that even has a slight chance to keep any distance is QB...

Even keeping things separated by position group won't help.  How's your season going to go when the entire QB or DB room tests positive and has to quarantine for 2-3 weeks?