Kansas State hires North Dakota State's Chris Klieman as head coach

Machinator

46 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

That’s a fact question. What is or isn’t a threat. Given the current climate, that can certainly be considered a threat. Certainly enough to pass a Constitutional challenge. It was certainly a reference to violence as right wing ideologies all over the country are calling for violence.

Congrats on doing crim defense work. I’ve seen your opinion on the Flynn matter. It’s wrong too.

Wrong, fucko.

You are really something with your assumptions.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

No, it isn’t criminal in nature. That would be a much higher standard.

But it should get you kicked out of KSU given his platform. He knew what he was doing and should pay the consequences. His life isn’t over. He can recover. 

Do you have the same disdain for left wing insensitive tweets? If a KSU student was a member of antifa and sent a tweet about starting a riot/looting/defacing statues- would you be so adamant about dismissing them for inciting violence?

I hate both ends of the spectrum but it’s a dangerous precedent to censor speech from one end and not the other.

Edited by Billy Pilgrim
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Do you have the same disdain for left wing insensitive tweets? If a KSU student was a member of antifa and sent a tweet about starting a riot/looting/defacing statues- would you be so adamant about dismissing them for inciting violence?

I hate both ends of the spectrum but it’s a dangerous precedent to censor speech from one end and not the other.

Of course, I’m more concerned with physical violence but yes.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

I'm still waiting on one of the resident experts in Bird Law to post the segment of the constitution that says everyone is entitled to a inviolable 4-years as a student at Kansas State University. 

Well your first mistake is looking at Bird Law.  It's K-State, not Kansas, so you should look at Cat Law.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Texaspython said:

Of course, I’m more concerned with physical violence but yes.

There was no physical violence stated or implied in the tweet at the center of this, only an insensitive remark that somebody else took offense to.

You sir are a pretty good troll; you're riding the fine line between plausible and stupid.... or you're an embarrassment to whatever place of higher learning you got your degree(s).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

An honest to God pilgrim?   UserName checks out.  

29 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

There was no physical violence stated or implied in the tweet at the center of this, only an insensitive remark that somebody else took offense to.

You sir are a pretty good troll; you're riding the fine line between plausible and stupid.... or you're an embarrassment to whatever place of higher learning you got your degree(s).

That’s fine, I wouldn’t expect someone like yourself to understand. It’s all just “jokes” or “insensitive”. The truth is, the white supremacist and their rhetoric don’t affect you or anyone else you know. You aren’t a target.

• Fuck You 1

I'm still waiting on one of the resident experts in Bird Law to post the segment of the constitution that says everyone is entitled to a inviolable 4-years as a student at Kansas State University. 

Has anyone bothered to check out the Kansas State University Code of Conduct for Students or whatever they call it?

I haven’t, but the dude agreed to it by enrolling. Did I miss where someone posted it on this thread?
  • Like 1

https://www.k-state.edu/sga/judicial/student-code-of-conduct.html

Big bold letters at the top. “Neither this nor any other university policy is violated by actions that amount to expression protected by the state or federal constitutions or by related principles of academic freedom.”

He isn’t on campus, so doubt he broke their information and technology codes. I’m not going to look-up. 

He didn’t come close to violating 3, 14, 15, or 16, imo. And even if some SG and faculty panel decides he did violate one, his freedom of expression trumps it per the above. 

No one has to like what he tweeted, but it is well within his rights to “say it” and stay enrolled at a public university in any state. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Llano Estacado said:

Big bold letters at the top. “Neither this nor any other university policy is violated by actions that amount to expression protected by the state or federal constitutions or by related principles of academic freedom.”

He isn’t on campus, so doubt he broke their information and technology codes. I’m not going to look-up. 

He didn’t come close to violating 3, 14, 15, or 16, imo. And even if some SG and faculty panel decides he did violate one, his freedom of expression trumps it per the above. 

No one has to like what he tweeted, but it is well within his rights to “say it” and stay enrolled at a public university in any state. 

#16 may provide HIM some protection

1 hour ago, Llano Estacado said:

Didn’t come close? If your race has been victims of modern day lynchings you might feel differently. These aren’t just jokes or dark humor. 

As for the players, it takes a lot more courage to speak truth to power than be a racist coward on the internet.

• Fuck You 1

49 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

Didn’t come close? If your race has been victims of modern day lynchings you might feel differently. These aren’t just jokes or dark humor. 

It was a disgusting joke. Nothing at all about modern day lynchings. If you took that from the tweet, you’re much more in tune with coded racist language than I am. 

• Like 1

I’ll just leave this here.

“A student at a public university making an extremely offensive statement on social media is almost quintessentially the kind of thing that should be protected against sanctioning by public authorities,” said Mark Tushnet, a Harvard Law School professor.

I’m sure your legal analysis and study of the 1st amendment is on par with Mark Tushnet.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Llano Estacado said:

I’ll just leave this here.

“A student at a public university making an extremely offensive statement on social media is almost quintessentially the kind of thing that should be protected against sanctioning by public authorities,” said Mark Tushnet, a Harvard Law School professor.

I’m sure your legal analysis and study of the 1st amendment is on par with Mark Tushnet.

Of course, law school professors say a lot of things. Check it out, I found a quote too!!!

“I think the university may be in a difficult position, but if it has procedures that it can follow, they can probably impose penalties if there’s some violation of those procedures,” he said. “Free speech doesn’t protect everything. And it may be that this crosses some line for the university.”

Tobias said, however, that taking such action would likely require due process.

“Giving somebody due process takes time to do it right,” he said. “You may need to have a hearing, you may need to investigate. And you can’t turn that on a dime.”

Carl Tobias, University of Richmond school of law. I’m sure your Llano Estacado 1st amendment analysis is on par with Mr. Tobias’. 

• Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

It was a disgusting joke. Nothing at all about modern day lynchings. If you took that from the tweet, you’re much more in tune with coded racist language than I am. 

I just don’t think you have either the capability or the desire to empathize with anyone of color or you’d understand what they’re saying. And you wouldn’t think it’s just a disgusting joke.

• Fuck You 1

50 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

I just don’t think you have either the capability or the desire to empathize with anyone of color or you’d understand what they’re saying. And you wouldn’t think it’s just a disgusting joke.

Not at all. You're missing the larger point: if there are really "people of color" - or persons of colour, if you please - than why are we not seeing green, blue, indigo, violet, even orange? How can you simply skip five-ninths of the spectrum in your stupidity? I suspect it's intentional, as no one can be as stupid as you pretend to be. You should tone it down a little bit, you'll last longer.

1 hour ago, Texaspython said:

Of course, law school professors say a lot of things. Check it out, I found a quote too!!!

“I think the university may be in a difficult position, but if it has procedures that it can follow, they can probably impose penalties if there’s some violation of those procedures,” he said. “Free speech doesn’t protect everything. And it may be that this crosses some line for the university.”

“Giving somebody due process takes time to do it right,” he said. “You may need to have a hearing, you may need to investigate. And you can’t turn that on a dime.”

Carl Tobias, University of Richmond school of law. I’m sure your Llano Estacado 1st amendment analysis is on par with Mr. Tobias’. 

I think I'd take Mark Tushnet's word on it.  Not only is he a long-time con law prof at Harvard, he is as absolutely liberal as they come.  He is considerably left of Laurence Tribe, which is why Tribe gets cited frequently and Tushnet less so.

And as a lawyer who has "stepped into federal court" many times, apparently, you should know that your feelings about what he said don't change First Amendment analysis.  You should probably also know that no amount of due process can remedy a First Amendment violation.

Edited by TwiceHorn

4427485ad9bcd641fda9e2b803cf957c.gif
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think I'd take Mark Tushnet's word on it.  Not only is he a long-time con law prof at Harvard, he is as absolutely liberal as they come.  He is considerably left of Laurence Tribe, which is why Tribe gets cited frequently and Tushnet less so.

And as a lawyer who has "stepped into federal court" many times, apparently, you should know that your feelings about what he said don't change First Amendment analysis.  You should probably also know that no amount of due process can remedy a First Amendment violation.

Of course he’s liberal, as he should be. 9/10 1st amendment issues or attempts at restrictions have been leveled at left wing organizations or individuals.

There is a difference with violent rhetoric. Turning a blind eye to right wing terrorism is why people say after every shooting “never saw it coming”, when all you have to do is check their online activity. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

3 hours ago, Texaspython said:

I have the capability and desire to read the plain words the guy tweeted and not invent motive in my mind. You don’t have to ascribe everything to racism. Sometimes an asshole is just an asshole. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Oh look, football!

They had a decent year last year, but they lost a ton so I’m not sure how much they’ll be able to build on it. Snyder definitely left an uphill battle for Klieman. 

That OU win was huge for them. Klieman loves calling trap and other A-gap runs, so it makes sense they tore OU apart, since Grinch calls stunts and twists constantly. Makes it that much more annoying our staff couldn’t figure out their weakness. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

They had a decent year last year, but they lost a ton so I’m not sure how much they’ll be able to build on it. Snyder definitely left an uphill battle for Klieman. 

"Most of the good skill position players are left but the lines are all-new" is a "why do we suck?!?!" waiting to happen.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Texaspython said:

Of course he’s liberal, as he should be. 9/10 1st amendment issues or attempts at restrictions have been leveled at left wing organizations or individuals.

There is a difference with violent rhetoric. Turning a blind eye to right wing terrorism is why people say after every shooting “never saw it coming”, when all you have to do is check their online activity. 

And you dare, on the other thread, to state that I have said nothing coherent.

You are babbling incoherent nonsense about white supremacy, violence, and campus speech.  And coherently incorrectly about the First Amendment.

No one here is advocating for violent speech or right wing terrorism.

We are, however, saying, that, under the current state of the First Amendment, KState cannot lawfully expel Jaden McNeil, at least not for that single statement about George Floyd and drugs.  I don't know what other things he may have done that might lawfully subject him to expulsion or discipline.

And what in the blue fuck do your first two sentences mean?  Mark Tushnet, a Critical Legal Studies con law prof at Harvard, says KState can't expel Jaden McNeil.  It's not like his views are clouded by a desired outcome, like yours apparently are.  He's liberal as hell and writes more about his legal fantasies than what the law actually is.  Personally, I'm reasonably sure he would support expulsion of Jaden McNeil, but he knows and admits that it can't lawfully be done  And your second sentence is demonstrably false.

Coherence my ass.

You have assumed, incorrectly, that Johnny Sack is not a seasoned federal practitioner.  You can go to town on his political opinions, but you can't question his legal chops.

You have assumed, incorrectly, my practice area.  And doubled-down on it.

You are one of the biggest idiots to set foot on this site in quite some time, especially with your "stepped into federal court" strident bullshit.

Go get your shine box.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 8
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"Most of the good skill position players are left but the lines are all-new" is a "why do we suck?!?!" waiting to happen.

Especially with Klieman’s offense. It requires really good line play. He’s a good coach, but it’s going to take some time to get KSU back to being a top 25 program. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

And you dare, on the other thread, to state that I have said nothing coherent.

You are babbling incoherent nonsense about white supremacy, violence, and campus speech.  And coherently incorrectly about the First Amendment.

No one here is advocating for violent speech or right wing terrorism.

We are, however, saying, that, under the current state of the First Amendment, KState cannot lawfully expel Jaden McNeil, at least not for that single statement about George Floyd and drugs.  I don't know what other things he may have done that might lawfully subject him to expulsion or discipline.

And what in the blue fuck do your first two sentences mean?  Mark Tushnet, a Critical Legal Studies con law prof at Harvard, says KState can't expel Jaden McNeil.  It's not like his views are clouded by a desired outcome, like yours apparently are.  He's liberal as hell and writes more about his legal fantasies than what the law actually is.  Personally, I'm reasonably sure he would support expulsion of Jaden McNeil, but he knows and admits that it can't lawfully be done  And your second sentence is demonstrably false.

Coherence my ass.

You have assumed, incorrectly, that Johnny Sack is not a seasoned federal practitioner.  You can go to town on his political opinions, but you can't question his legal chops.

You have assumed, incorrectly, my practice area.  And doubled-down on it.

You are one of the biggest idiots to set foot on this site in quite some time, especially with your "stepped into federal court" strident bullshit.

Go get your shine box.

Billy Batts ends up in the back of an Oldsmobile. Your insults are as bad as your facts/analysis. We’ve done enough here, back to football.

• Fuck You 2

On 7/2/2020 at 5:58 PM, Texaspython said:

Billy Batts ends up in the back of an Oldsmobile. Your insults are as bad as your facts/analysis. We’ve done enough here, back to football.

jay-silverheels-port-with-fun.jpg

Trigger warning:  This photo is being utilized for a coded joke at Texaspython's expense.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• 2 months later...

Arkansas State is supposed to be decent, right?

Go Wolves.  KSU fans have become total cunts on Twitter since we finally ended the Farmageddon streak from hell.  Getting the Camping World nod while they got sent to Memphis to lose to a mid-major really burned their flag too.

Always had good interactions in real life with them, but god damn they're shitty online.  Worse than Iowa fans.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/10/2018 at 11:28 PM, satyanash said:

Not a good hire.

- Bohl was the one who built NDSU into the national title-winning powerhouse it is today, not Klieman, and he deserves the credit for it. Klieman just continued the trend (and Bohl meanwhile has done poorly at Wyoming). At K-State he'll have to orchestrate a rebuild on his own terms.

- Hiring an FCS coach all the way up to P5 is a massive risk. Huge, huge uptick in responsibilities. Recruiting will also fall of a cliff, he has no experience recruiting the area. He was Kansas' DB coach in 1997. That's his entire lifetime's worth of P5 experience at any level.

- Given that Gene Taylor, NDSU's previous AD is now at K-State, this feels very much like a gool ol' boy hire.

cough cough